AK AK - Anchorage, WhtMale 439UMAK, 25-40, naked, fell from flagpole, Aug'89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If they don't note on Namus that the man was uncircumcised, does that mean that he was circumcised? Since it's for people who are unidentified or missing from US and circumcision is so common in US. It's so uncommon in Europe that this would almost exclude him coming from Europe.

I wonder if this man spoke at all while climbing that flagpole. Accent or not?

This article may have made the rounds here years ago but it was new to me. Some firsthand information from the scene immediately before and after the death of 439UMAK/Flagpole Doe.
Was interesting to see investigators link the deceased potentially to Poland - I wonder if that angle has been followed up on again recently?
Second half of the article seems to focus on Gordon Lopez - a missing person who was put forward by his sister but was ultimately ruled out. Although worth noting he doesn’t seem to appear on the list of missing persons exclusions anymore?

There was an article where they inerviewed the policeman and he said that it looked like he first was talking to the fake eagle mounted on the pole and then he jumped in a pose that made him look like he was trying to fly.

If he was exhumed and a dna sample was taken, is othram or another like it trying to identify through dna?
Not as far as I can tell. I’ve tried to get their attention a couple of times in their threads on here but no luck.
Granted they’re so busy and I respect the work they do and the amount of cases they get through that I dare say their backlog would already be ridiculously full.

Not as far as I can tell. I’ve tried to get their attention a couple of times in their threads on here but no luck.
Granted they’re so busy and I respect the work they do and the amount of cases they get through that I dare say their backlog would already be ridiculously full.
We would be happy to help if the agency wants/needs our help!

How would we go about connecting them? I can attempt to get a hold of the detective that has the case at this point and see where the dna sample went that was collected for the person who thought it was her brother and see if they would be interested in submitting. I am happy to make the first donation for fees if it needs to go that route.

We would be happy to help if the agency wants/needs our help!
Love to hear it and love your work guys!
As the comment above asks, how do we get the agency to send the case your way? Flick an email over to them? Definitely happy to donate towards the case as well!

I found an email for the assigned agency contact at the Alaska Medical Examiners Office indicating Othram could get involved at the request of LE or themselves and just asking what steps we could take to help that process happen. I won’t post the email address here in case that person is no longer attached to the case as I’m not sure if the information is current or not.
I’m outside the US and couldn’t find an email for LE so will see how that first step goes for now.

Thank you, hopefully something can get going with this one, it's one of 3 cases in very interested in.
This is a ‘pet’ case of mine too - hope we’re on the road towards peace for this man and his family, so far down the line from his death as it is now. I’ll post again if I hear anything back from email.

Another possible match:

Edmond Joseph Junior BELLIVEAU​

View attachment 497666
Missing from Saint John, New Brunswick
Missing since: October 1, 1985
Year of birth: 1951
Age at disappearance: 33
Bio group: White
Eye colour: Blue
Hair: Brown
Height: 185cm / 6ft 1in
Weight: 63kg / 139lb
I have received confirmation from Doe Network that Edmond Belliveau has been ruled out by fingerprints.

No reply from the Alaska coroners department as of yet. I also sent an email of to DNA DOE Project who got back this morning with the following (names removed)
-
“Thank you for your interest in the work of the DNA Doe Project.

We will add this case to our database of potential cases and, as resources become available, will reach out to the agency of record to offer our help. Due to the nature of our partnerships with law enforcement, we won’t be able to share with you what we learn about the status of this case. Sometimes, cases are already in the process of being solved through the use of investigative genetic genealogy with another organization. Other times, the agency is still pursuing other investigative leads.

We appreciate and share your wish that this person can be identified and returned to their family and community.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Who_knows_18
Back