Found Deceased AK - Kathleen Henry, 30, video of murder victim found, Anchorage, 9 Oct 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As it turns out, you were absolutely right. Ian Calhoun is one who was obviously involved in the sharing/receiving of Brian Smith's videos & pics (they even met up at a park bc BS wanted to show Ian Kathleen's body). Still waiting for this Ian monster to be charged with something...
Welcome to Websleuths, @AshPG85.

I'd like to have doubts about the character of Ian Calhoun, but I can't. He wasn't just humoring Brian Smith and only acting interested. I'd guess they had shared some kind of abuse or snuff material before. MOO, he is probably complicit in some way, even just keeping silent, but I wonder about video production and distribution too.

Valerie Casler is the hero. She was courageous to come forward. She did the right thing. When it came time for Ian Calhoun to do the right thing knowing where the body was, knowing it had been found, knowing BS could do it again to another woman- Ian Calhoun stayed silent and probably worried about his own involvement. Didn't take the stand either, he hid behind the 5th.

All MOO

Welcome to Websleuths, @AshPG85.

I'd like to have doubts about the character of Ian Calhoun, but I can't. He wasn't just humoring Brian Smith and only acting interested. I'd guess they had shared some kind of abuse or snuff material before. MOO, he is probably complicit in some way, even just keeping silent, but I wonder about video production and distribution too.

Valerie Casler is the hero. She was courageous to come forward. She did the right thing.
When it came time for Ian Calhoun to do the right thing knowing where the body was, knowing it had been found, knowing BS could do it again to another woman- Ian Calhoun stayed silent and probably worried about his own involvement. Didn't take the stand either, he hid behind the 5th.

All MOO
RBBM

ITA and it reminds me of Bruce MacArthur as IIRC he also made "films".

I admire Valerie and am very grateful for what she did.

Here is what Antonia Commarck wrote about the 3rd possible victim:
"Does anyone know if there have been any updates about Cassandra Boskofsky’s missing persons case? I was looking into her disappearance because it matches the dates listed on the filing in Brian Steven Smith’s case and her case is listed as “suspicious” on DPS’s quarterly MMIP report."
Link to DPS report: https://dps.alaska.gov/.../2023-Q2-Missing-Persons-Report.pd

Unfinished business in the Brian Smith murder case: Protestors demand answers about Ian Calhoun:​

Sentencing is scheduled for a Friday,
July 19, 2024.

I can't believe it. I just turned on TV to see the news, and as I had left it on Court TV, that's what came up. Imagine my surprise when Court TV was broadcasting what was called Day 1 of Brian Steven Smith's sentencing.It was supposed to be on the 19th! I honestly couldn't understand any of what the judge was saying but from a couple words it seems he was quoting some of the things BSS wrote. Sound also went silent so I am guessing that there are things they don't want us to hear. Hopefully the Court TV site will cover it. Anyway, he was sentenced to 226 years in prison. Have no idea who was in the courtroom, I only saw about 4 minutes if that, and they went right to the Alec Baldwin case.

I can't believe it. I just turned on TV to see the news, and as I had left it on Court TV, that's what came up. Imagine my surprise when Court TV was broadcasting what was called Day 1 of Brian Steven Smith's sentencing. It was supposed to be on the 19th!....

Thank You for the heads up, @MeadowMuffin. Didn't get to see it, but just saw these news articles confirming what you said. I watched Court TV for hours, but they were covering the Alex Baldwin trial. Wait, I'm going to see if I can find it there on video.......yes, here it is. Putting that horrible man away for lifetimes.

Brian Steven Smith sentenced to 226 years for the murders of 2 Native Alaskan women

A video of today's sentencing and impact statements.

Justice! To all the members on WS that followed this case, I wanted to let you know he's been sentenced and will now sling away into the darkness never to be free again.

Trying to alert those who followed this case. Please don't feel slighted if I didn't get your name into this list as it turned out to be too ambitious of an idea of mine-- @MeadowMuffin, @Marysmith, @LadyL, @PatLaurel @cocomod, @Knitty, @lightofmine99, @Merzerie, @momsof3, @vls12345, @AshPG85, @Aydrianna523, @Tealgrove, @whiterhino, @sripey, @Lore Listener @Rhozwen, @evelezrn, @Betty P, @weepingangel, any many more...

1720852784800.png

May you be able to Rest in Peace now Kathleen Jo Henry and Veronica Abouchuk.

1720852844170.png

With all of his convictions combined, Smith was sentenced to 226 years, meaning he will die in prison.

“It’s clear to me if he’s released he’ll probably kill again,” Anchorage Superior Court Judge Kevin Saxby said.

In the front row — overflowing to jury seats, red handprints pressed onto their faces — sat family. The image, and red color, have become a symbol of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Persons.

Both women killed were Alaska Native.

Henry was from the village of Eek and Abouchuk was from Stebbins.

The judge started the sentencing by saying the names of the victims should be used instead of initials.

“It restores some of their personhood,” Saxby said.

Justice! To all the members on WS that followed this case, I wanted to let you know he's been sentenced and will now sling away into the darkness never to be free again.

Trying to alert those who followed this case. Please don't feel slighted if I didn't get your name into this list as it turned out to be too ambitious of an idea of mine-- @MeadowMuffin, @Marysmith, @LadyL, @PatLaurel @cocomod, @Knitty, @lightofmine99, @Merzerie, @momsof3, @vls12345, @AshPG85, @Aydrianna523, @Tealgrove, @whiterhino, @sripey, @Lore Listener @Rhozwen, @evelezrn, @Betty P, @weepingangel, any many more...

View attachment 517447

May you be able to Rest in Peace now Kathleen Jo Henry and Veronica Abouchuk.

View attachment 517448

With all of his convictions combined, Smith was sentenced to 226 years, meaning he will die in prison.

“It’s clear to me if he’s released he’ll probably kill again,” Anchorage Superior Court Judge Kevin Saxby said.

In the front row — overflowing to jury seats, red handprints pressed onto their faces — sat family. The image, and red color, have become a symbol of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Persons.

Both women killed were Alaska Native.

Henry was from the village of Eek and Abouchuk was from Stebbins.

The judge started the sentencing by saying the names of the victims should be used instead of initials.

“It restores some of their personhood,” Saxby said.
Thank you for remembering me & tagging me, very thoughtful.

I am so glad to see this vile creature held accountable. There really are no words...

May this bring closure and healing for the victims families.

Also, so much gratitude for Valerie Casler for being brave enough to come forward. Without her, I'm not sure BSS would be going to prison. What she did shed the most brilliant light on something so dark and evil. Thank you.

A forensic artist’s sketch of a third possible victim in the Brian Steven Smith murder case. It’s a composite of images taken from one of Smith’s cell phones.

A forensic artist’s sketch of a third possible victim in the Brian Steven Smith murder case. It’s a composite of images taken from one of Smith’s cell phones.

Waiting to see if there's any connection to BSS in the death of Shirley Skeek. It's a possibility because she was also a part of the Bean's Café center, like the other two victims. In addition, Shirley Skeek was seen being picked up by a black truck near there. (BSS had a black truck.) Plus, her body was found in the same general area as the first BSS victim.​
Found this site that may help us find more of BSS victims.
I guess there's also some speculation about Shirley's brother due to a missing sister-in-law.
Justice for Native Women: Shirley Skeek, Unsolved Alaskan Murder from 2019.

"Shirley is sister-in-law to Linda Skeek who disappeared in 2016. Linda's husband, Thomas Skeek Jr, was charged but eventually acquitted of Linda's murder in 2019. It is unclear if the cases are thought to be connected. Linda's body has never been recovered."
1720908245639.png

I don't know the results from the investigation into Shirley Skeek's death. I do know there's a strong connection to Bean's Café Center where it's suspected he picked up the missing women.

Missing most likely from Alaska. He was only in Alaska for five years, so that would narrow down the timeline. He was in Alaska from 2013 or 2014 onward until arrest, but he did travel some. Makes you wonder, huh. What about missing and murdered women in South Africa? I have a feeling he might've been doing this for awhile.

The news article says--
The photographs show a woman, possibly Alaska Native, on the ground, spattered with blood and dirt, appearing to be either dead or unconscious. Key evidence in Smith’s murder trial included cellphone videos and images Smith created while killing one of his known victims. The new images come from a cellphone Anchorage police detectives seized at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport in 2019.

I thought we found a list at one time with photos of missing people in Alaska. That would help a lot. The dates those on the list went missing will help, but not as much as a photo of the missing person.
This does have pics.

Some photos, but limited site.

1720906015209.png https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...cluding-whether-disappearances-are-suspicious

There's pages on this list of Unresolved Homicide List, but very few from recent years.

Continued from my long post above ^^^. Please read. This info could be useful in the future. There may be families out there searching for their loved one, and there may be other women victims of BS. (Just like Israel Keyes leaving more victims all over the place. :() I guess this is one of the better sites for trying to find a match to that photo found on his phone. It's where I found Shirley Skeek's photos. IMO, she had a similar look to Kathleen, and apparently Bean's Café was one of his hunting grounds.

This is only some of the missing native people of Alaska.
1720909175254.png
1720909249644.png Options for the type of photo search you want.

Possibly a third victim of his:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892
Back