AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the mask, has it been noted that the affidavit does not mention the UID man seen on the ATM video is wearing a mask during the first three transactions? The
mask is not mentioned until the fourth transaction in AZ. I don't know if it's significant.

ETA: To clarify, the person who was seen robbing the vehicle was wearing a mask.

Compare the bank robber's photo to IK's profile here.

1331928882_Samantha%20Koenig%20was%20abducted%20at%20gunpoint%20Feb.%201,%202012%20from%20Common%20Grounds%20Espresso%20coffee%20stand%20-%20Israel%20Keyes%20arrested%20in%20connection%20to%20her%20abduction%20Police%202.jpg

The ears and jawline look similar to me. The affidavit says he told police he was in Texas to attend a wedding. That might explain the haircut.

The haircut definitely seems fresh right? This is a guy who had long, curly hippie hair for at least several years.

http://keyesconstruction.net/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/160.7080135_large.jpg

Gut, this pic shows the curly hair peeking out:
http://keyesconstruction.net/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/174.7062822.JPG

I don't even know what more to say!! It's all been said!! Now this! My brain can't handle this! I am still trying to figure out JK, some of the things he's said are just SO weird. Saying SK doesn't know IK "period", is just nuts, my daughter is 11, she goes to school, plays volleyball, I know she knows people I dont, whether it be students, teachers, etc. It just seems so bizarre, to me. Almost makes me wonder if he's kind of controlling, even to assume he would know everyone she had contact with, or is he denying it for a reason? Maybe I should consult my daughters magic 8 ball....maybe it has the answer! :)

"For a reason" IMO, akmama. That's not to say I suspect him of wrongdoing, because so far I don't. He could have a very good reason.

I don't even know what more to say!! It's all been said!! Now this! My brain can't handle this! I am still trying to figure out JK, some of the things he's said are just SO weird. Saying SK doesn't know IK "period", is just nuts, my daughter is 11, she goes to school, plays volleyball, I know she knows people I dont, whether it be students, teachers, etc. It just seems so bizarre, to me. Almost makes me wonder if he's kind of controlling, even to assume he would know everyone she had contact with, or is he denying it for a reason? Maybe I should consult my daughters magic 8 ball....maybe it has the answer! :)

I hear ya. How could he emphatically state she never met IK? He could have been a regular at the hut or might have been regular customer at her old job. Maybe he was a friend of CB's that she met.

It is just odd that he said that so emphatically. My DD is 19 and must know a zillion people from her everyday life that I know nothing about.

I think he is controlling, look at his behaviour throughout this. Maybe that is not a fair assumption because his daughter is missing. But look at how he spoke of SK and Duwayne (did we ever figure out the correct spelling?) having problems and he worked them out. He said he allowed Dwuayne to live there. He has all the reward money. SK's mother has been left out of everything, he holds press conferences. His posts have been .... odd ... can't think of the word.

Even on the page that can't be mentioned he started making the rules, banning certain people, saying that if anyone talks about a particular subject they will be banned. At one stage it was basically "you can leave prayers for Sam here - no tips, no negative posts about SK (negative posts about others were allowed without him saying it) .... he is controlling a whole page that can't be mentioned.

If you have a smart phone there is a 8 ball app (save going into your daughters room and waking her lol)

@GutFeeling The comments he made about their relationship were really weird, I don't care how close you are to your dad, even now I wouldn't discuss my relationship issues with my father, there's nothing wrong with my dad,but its kinda wired...and I'm a lot older and married...I still prefer to believe my dad doesn't know where babies come from and I'm still a virgin in his eyes... :) I also don't understand about the CB thing, was he aware at the time that she was giving him rides to deliver pot, or is that second hand information after all the issues with CB?? More questions for the 8 ball.....

Yeah I have no idea (how unusual in this case lol) The more I look at those pictures the more they look like the same person moo

and this bank robbery gives the rolls of money on the floor of the car a previous home because $3000 - $4000 can hardly be rolls of any significance.

So,...it is kinda late and I am having difficulty with this...please help....probably staring me right in the face somewhere....

They have video surveillance from ATM machines showing a "masked" suspect, and it is not clear to "us" if he wore the "mask" in all the ATM surveillance footage. However, even without a mask I think it would still be hard to ID someone with IK's past without the help of the "public". With that being said, .......
the trooper determined that the driver was a suspect connected to an out-of-state police bulletin of an alleged kidnapping.

http://www.ktre.com/story/17148604/suspected-kidnapper-arrested-following-dps-traffic-stop-in-lufkin

Without the means of a "positive ID"....How the heck did they know who he was, before they knew who he was. In other words, how did they know the identity of this person when they issued the "out of state bulletin" for this person? KWIM.....and my thoughts and thinking here ...of course.

So,...it is kinda late and I am having difficulty with this...please help....probably staring me right in the face somewhere....

They have video surveillance from ATM machines showing a "masked" suspect, and it is not clear to "us" if he wore the "mask" in all the ATM surveillance footage. However, even without a mask I think it would still be hard to ID someone with IK's past without the help of the "public". With that being said, .......

http://www.ktre.com/story/17148604/suspected-kidnapper-arrested-following-dps-traffic-stop-in-lufkin

Without the means of a "positive ID"....How the heck did they know who he was, before they knew who he was. In other words, how did they know the identity of this person when they issued the "out of state bulletin" for this person? KWIM.....and my thoughts and thinking here ...of course.

OK, after reading the affidavit, here's what I think may have happened.

- Samantha gets abducted on Feb 1 at about 8 pm. When police watch the surveillance video they see her leave with a man wearing (maybe) a mask and a dark hoodie.

- 7 hours later a witness sees a man in a mask and dark clothing rummaging through his vehicle, and then finds his VISA card is missing.

- Alaska police eventually put two and two together and realize the credit card thief might be the same guy who abducted Samantha because of the similar clothing and the fact that both happened on the same night. They start watching the stolen credit card for activity.

- They get a break on March 7, when the suspect uses the card in Arizona. Surveillance video shows the man driving a white Ford Focus.

- On March 12 he uses it in Shepard Texas and the Ford is seen again. An alert goes out to area law enforcement and an officer sees the Ford Focus at a motel in Lufkin Texas. 45 minutes later the car is pulled over and Keyes is nabbed.

Maybe they didn't know his identity until he was pulled over, up until then he was just a guy in a mask and dark clothing who was driving a white Ford Focus around the southwest.

OK, after reading the affidavit, here's what I think may have happened.

- Samantha gets abducted on Feb 1 at about 8 pm. When police watch the surveillance video they see her leave with a man wearing (maybe) a mask and a dark hoodie.

- 7 hours later a witness sees a man in a mask and dark clothing rummaging through his vehicle, and then finds his VISA card is missing.

- Alaska police eventually put two and two together and realize the credit card thief might be the same guy who abducted Samantha because of the similar clothing and the fact that both happened on the same night. They start watching the stolen credit card for activity.

- They get a break on March 7, when the suspect uses the card in Arizona. Surveillance video shows the man driving a white Ford Focus.

- On March 12 he uses it in Shepard Texas and the Ford is seen again. An alert goes out to area law enforcement and an officer sees the Ford Focus at a motel in Lufkin Texas. 45 minutes later the car is pulled over and Keyes is nabbed.

Maybe they didn't know his identity until he was pulled over, up until then he was just a guy in a mask and dark clothing who was driving a white Ford Focus around the southwest.

Thank you. I knew there was a viable explanation. I appreciate you pointing out the snake that was close enough to bite me, Chili Fries. (Great, typing out your "moniker" made me hungry......thanks.....a lot..)

And here's what really makes me think they didn't know his identity until he got pulled over...

If they did know it was Keyes, the officer who saw him and the Ford at the motel would have had a description/picture of him and would have taken him into custody then. But that didn't happen.

What surely happened is that Keyes was followed until he made some kind of traffic violation and was pulled over 45 minutes after he was first seen at the motel. That's when the officer who pulled him over found him to be confrontational, and found the money and hoodie/mask/glasses. He knew he had the guy they were looking for and the driver's license put a name to the suspect.

The issue with this is that they were searching his home in anchorage before his arrest in texas.

The issue with this is that they were searching his home in anchorage before his arrest in texas.

Are you sure? This article says his house was searched the evening after he was arrested earlier that day (Tuesday March 13):

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-stories/Arrest-Made-in-Koenig-Abduction-142864535.html

Same here:

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Major-Crime-Scene-Vehicle-Investigates-142584066.html

From what I see it seems like he was arrested that morning/noon in TX and his house was searched later that day in AK.

I'm looking for the links. I'm terrible at searching past threads!
I have a very clear memory of an article stating that neighbors had seen LE idling in cars the night before. Does anyone else remember this or am I crazy? Some of the links are dead so I'm having trouble finding it. I'll keep looking.

Are you sure?

This is brought over from Knox on 3/16/2012 post#186. (I couldn't get it to quote directly.)

"Keyes spent a lot of time running saws and other equipment in the yard for his construction business, occasionally running afoul of neighbors because of late evening noise, they said.Neighbors said that they noticed an unmarked police car idling for hours on Monday at an intersection a block away. Tuesday morning police arrived in unmarked cars, neighbors said. Wearing SWAT gear and carrying rifles, they swarmed the blue house. They took pictures and seemed to be collecting evidence. Later on that day, police followed Anderson's car as she pulled into the driveway, neighbors said. She left with them. Her car and Keyes' truck were towed. She returned the next day by cab. A crime scene van stayed parked outside the house until late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, neighbors said.Late Thursday afternoon, after Keyes' arrest was announced, a truck pulled up to the blue house, where a trailer with Keyes' business name on it was parked in the driveway. Two women got out. One of the women covered her head with a jacket to shield her face.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/03/15/237307...#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member