AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is controlling, look at his behaviour throughout this. Maybe that is not a fair assumption because his daughter is missing. But look at how he spoke of SK and Duwayne (did we ever figure out the correct spelling?) having problems and he worked them out. He said he allowed Dwuayne to live there. He has all the reward money. SK's mother has been left out of everything, he holds press conferences. His posts have been .... odd ... can't think of the word.

Even on the page that can't be mentioned he started making the rules, banning certain people, saying that if anyone talks about a particular subject they will be banned. At one stage it was basically "you can leave prayers for Sam here - no tips, no negative posts about SK (negative posts about others were allowed without him saying it) .... he is controlling a whole page that can't be mentioned.

If you have a smart phone there is a 8 ball app (save going into your daughters room and waking her lol)

Controlling? I'd say! JK also said that he LET Dwayne hang out with a couple of Sam's best friends, and that he was keeping all of them from speaking to the media.

@GutFeeling The comments he made about their relationship were really weird, I don't care how close you are to your dad, even now I wouldn't discuss my relationship issues with my father, there's nothing wrong with my dad,but its kinda wired...and I'm a lot older and married...I still prefer to believe my dad doesn't know where babies come from and I'm still a virgin in his eyes... :) I also don't understand about the CB thing, was he aware at the time that she was giving him rides to deliver pot, or is that second hand information after all the issues with CB?? More questions for the 8 ball.....

I had to LOL at what you said about you and your dad - it's the same way with me :)
The CB thing really doesn't make sense when you figure in the fact that at the same time JK is saying she would drive CB to deliver pot, he was also insisting CB was merely an aquaintence of hers and that she barely knew him. PLUS I find it odd that he claimed she gave Dwayne an ulimatum about smoking weed, and hadn't done ANY drugs in the past year, yet didn't seem to think it was a problem for her to be a pot delivery driver....he did justify it afterall, with "she just did it because she needed extra gas money"....

jmo

What if when JK insists SK didn't know IK, it was because HE knew IK? Although I believe JK said somewhere that neither of them knew IK. The point I'm trying to make is that perhaps JK is so adamant about not knowing IK because of other withheld information (I.e.,he's been contacted by the kidnapper(s) and knows circumstances surrounding the who or why of the abduction). This is all my own opinion of course, but JK's seemingly rigid solo investigation and the controversy surrounding the reward find really doesn't sit well with me when looking at this whole thing from the standpoint of a father being left out of LE's loop. JMO

I too wonder if JK's responses are due to information he is aware of.

He did state that none of them knew IK.

At some point right around the time IK was arrested it was reported that the lead to IK came from a tip. What if they have a very reliable source who has provided enough information that they know what the reason for the abduction was, what the plans were, but just have to fill in the gaps and it's taking time?

I'm guessing a lot of the vagueness and or just seemingly bizarre reporting is because of them trying to comment within the guidelines they're being given. All IMO.

This is brought over from Knox on 3/16/2012 post#186. (I couldn't get it to quote directly.)

"Keyes spent a lot of time running saws and other equipment in the yard for his construction business, occasionally running afoul of neighbors because of late evening noise, they said.Neighbors said that they noticed an unmarked police car idling for hours on Monday at an intersection a block away. Tuesday morning police arrived in unmarked cars, neighbors said. Wearing SWAT gear and carrying rifles, they swarmed the blue house. They took pictures and seemed to be collecting evidence. Later on that day, police followed Anderson's car as she pulled into the driveway, neighbors said. She left with them. Her car and Keyes' truck were towed. She returned the next day by cab. A crime scene van stayed parked outside the house until late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, neighbors said.Late Thursday afternoon, after Keyes' arrest was announced, a truck pulled up to the blue house, where a trailer with Keyes' business name on it was parked in the driveway. Two women got out. One of the women covered her head with a jacket to shield her face.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/03/15/237307...#storylink=cpy

I remember this from before and wondered about it too. Did they really know who he was though? The undercover cars were a block away at an intersection. Does that mean they were really watching IK's house specifically? Maybe it was unrelated, or they knew the general area somehow. It may have been a different case all together.

I'm looking for the links. I'm terrible at searching past threads!
I have a very clear memory of an article stating that neighbors had seen LE idling in cars the night before. Does anyone else remember this or am I crazy? Some of the links are dead so I'm having trouble finding it. I'll keep looking.

Yes, that's the way I remember it too. Also AK LE was already in TX for two days before Keyes was arrested. They knew who he was and he was under surveillance while staying at the motel. LE might not have known his connection to Sam's "kidnapping" but by his use of Person A's card. That's where it gets blurry.

Hi all!
Lurker from AK (not ANC, though).
Haven't seen this posted but possible I missed it. Article about drug bust in ANC in late January. But what really stood out to me was the comment from "Coffee" as well as a response to Coffee's post. The fact that the posts were right before the abduction could possibly be very significant, IMO.

http://www.adn.com/2012/01/31/2292874/big-cocaine-seizure-brings-new.html

What do you all think?

and this bank robbery gives the rolls of money on the floor of the car a previous home because $3000 - $4000 can hardly be rolls of any significance.

experiment time! :woohoo: Someone should make some rolls of money up so we can see if $3000 is a lot or not. I would do it, but I don't have the cash.

http://www.adn.com/2012/01/28/2288945/cocaine-bust-among-biggest-ever.html

Another article about same bust. See comment from "Julie". Not sure I'd consider IK a "foreman", though again considering the details of this case it invites speculation (IMO).

Welcome to Websleuths Sheltie!!

Indeed, it certainly does invite speculation. I was just bringing a link here to show Anchorage LE was in Texas days before Keyes' arrest. Seems they'd need a little more than credit card swiping to justify having officers doing an out of state investigation.

"Det. Slawomir Markiewicz told the Anchorage Daily News that two Anchorage detectives had been in Texas for several days prior to the arrest working on the case."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...n-case-of-abducted-18-year-old-alaska-barista

"Two Anchorage detectives have been in Texas for several days this week working on the case, Markiewicz said. The detectives will remain in Texas for several more days serving search warrants, he said. When asked if the arrest meant police are closer now to finding Koenig -- whom they hope is still alive -- Markiewicz replied, "Of course."

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/03/15/2373079/arrest-made-in-koenigs-disappearance.html#storylink=cpy

If someone was connected to the biggest cocaine bust in the history of Anchorage, it would be a good time to, umm, "disappear".

An aside; as I understand Mr. Koenig doesn't have to account for the use of the reward fund as it's in his own bank account to use as he sees fit.

If someone was connected to the biggest cocaine bust in the history of Anchorage, it would be a good time to, umm, "disappear".

An aside; as I understand Mr. Koenig doesn't have to account for the use of the reward fund as it's in his own bank account to use as he sees fit.

BBM

I agree, however the fundraising shouldn't have been advertised as for a reward fund, if it was going to be used for expenses other than a reward. I personally put money into a jar with a poster on it that said Donate to the Reward Fund to bring Samantha Koenig home! If that poster had said, donate to a fund that James Koenig will use to pay personal expenses while he is assisting in the search for Samantha! I would have thought twice before dropping the money in. If I saw a jar now, no matter what it said I wouldn't put money into it.

experiment time! :woohoo: Someone should make some rolls of money up so we can see if $3000 is a lot or not. I would do it, but I don't have the cash.

If it was cash from an ATM then it would be all 20's. So that would be 150 20 dollar bills, right?

Hi all!
Lurker from AK (not ANC, though).
Haven't seen this posted but possible I missed it. Article about drug bust in ANC in late January. But what really stood out to me was the comment from "Coffee" as well as a response to Coffee's post. The fact that the posts were right before the abduction could possibly be very significant, IMO.

http://www.adn.com/2012/01/31/2292874/big-cocaine-seizure-brings-new.html

What do you all think?
Hello, Sheltie. Very interesting, those comments. Nice catch. The way you posted is perfect. Thank you.

I'm clueless about the reference to the poster being "a coffee"? Without doing a copy and paste of the comments, can you or anyone else enlighten me? TIA.

:Welcome1:

If it was cash from an ATM then it would be all 20's. So that would be 150 20 dollar bills, right?

Yep, but when someone says "rolls" what number comes to mind? It could be three of 50 notes each, I am assuming some of it had been spent though.

I really like my robbing the bank on Feb 16, the more I look at the photos the more I am convinced it is him. Then again we don't know how much he got from the robbery if he did it. Tellers are trained to hand over smaller notes first.

Hello, Sheltie. Very interesting, those comments. Nice catch. The way you posted is perfect. Thank you.

I'm clueless about the reference to the poster being "a coffee"? Without doing a copy and paste of the comments, can you or anyone else enlighten me? TIA.

When I first read that I thought it might be a reference to Dan Coffey, a lawyer and former assembly member in Anchorage that has his fingers in some fishy political pots.

A comment was made by a person nicknamed coffee. They said that the woman who talked to the police about the drug bust is "as good as dead"

I think Sheltie was alluding to ... was this Samantha or this is how it works.

If Samantha was running drugs with the cops knowing and someone found out, she too would be as good as ....

Welcome Sheltie! I can't do the fancy things like the others so I am repeating Bessies ;) lol

Thanks, Gut. I got all of that. :) The only thing that puzzles me -- and ryanemsmom might have answered my question -- is the implication that the poster is "a coffee". In this context, what is "a coffee"?

It might be nothing. We don't know if the article is related to Sam at all. I just found the reference odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx