AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He went to Alaska in 2007 according to his website, to start his business. I am sure I saw that KA was in Neah Bay, Washington with him though, maybe through a intellius site or the likes. He worked there from 2001 - I have thought they were together for a while I guess.

That's what I remember as well. I thought I read that he and KA share a daughter together, which is why I'm so confused. If they do share the 10 y/o together, that might insinuate that IK & KA are actually closer than I thought. For instance, why isn't the house in IK's name as well? Is the 10 y/o with KA right now? How much does KA know about IK? Things don't add up. Wonder more about KA now...

That's what I remember as well. I thought I read that he and KA share a daughter together, which is why I'm so confused. If they do share the 10 y/o together, that might insinuate that IK & KA are actually closer than I thought. For instance, why isn't the house in IK's name as well? Is the 10 y/o with KA right now? How much does KA know about IK? Things don't add up. Wonder more about KA now...

Check out these comments:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Prodicus?action=comments

Thanks.. I was never really clear on the specifics of their relationship, I guess. Not sure what I read that made me think she'd been in AK before him, but thanks for setting me straight :D

Ohhh don't take me as gospel lol Who knows? I was the same as you originally thinking it was a new fairly new relationship or something, i think that came from the fact that she purchased the house, if they were together you would think joint names .... but then I saw her name pop up on one of those intellius type websites and that changed my mind. peoples opinions and posts here make me change my mind more than my pants lol

I'm going to share an experience, an impressionable one, with you guys...

About 12-15 years ago, one of my best friend's brothers was shot & killed. This guy was clean cut, had nice cars for himself & his wife, the best name brand clothes, super funny with a great personality. He was also a heroin producer. He & his wife used to cook it on their stove. Literally. They weren't users at all, only liked the money from it. Anyway, he worked construction, she worked for a national banking institution. One day one of his brother's best friends came over, asked him to get the money that he was being robbed, he refused to hand over the money so the guy shot him in the head. Dead on the spot. He then went in the living room, pushed up a ceiling tile that didn't even appear to have a seam, then stole almost $50 g's. This was in Stanton. He left right away, high on h, went to Philly, partied it up with a couple of girls - which is where he was busted. I went to court with my best friend for support bc contrary to the atypical stereotypes of an illegal drug manufacturer, none of us had any given clue her brother was doing this. This was a guy that loved life, yada yada. Everybody liked him. His wife spoke up in court during the penalty phase and acted all innocent. I despise her to this day! She helped him make this stuff & should be in jail, lose her kid's, etc. The cops were made aware as soon as the family learned the truth. She covered for my friend's bro since day 1 bc it was all about the money for her. The guy that shot him was totally amped off the stuff that my friend's brother gave to him. Apparently this guy sold for my friend's bro. He got 28 years. I'm sure he'll be out soon bc Delaware laws suck.

Again, nobody knew about the drug manufacturing going on...

They kept a low profile, rented a house, vehicles were put in his girlfriend's name (until they married which is when he'd have a couple things in his name). Vacations were booked in her name, credit cards were in her name, and so on - all bc he didn't have the money on a paper trail.

She (his wife) was his cover.

Kinda makes me wonder now with the similarities in this case...

Has anyone else had better luck figuring out who KA is, for sure?

No, I am loathe too though at this stage. I am thinking of her as a victim in all of this because of him. thats why I haven't book marked pages etc. It all gets too personal, and so far there is nothing on her, I feel sorry for her, I can't begin to imagine what she is going through. She hasn't come out and made claims or media whored herself to anyone that will listen, it must be a nightmare.

Plus she has the child and the child is certainly a victim it seems.

Really "Huffington Post" is MSM in the "lower 48"?....sorry, but most of the people I know in Alaska consider them about as credible as "Star" or "Enquirer"..........JMO...MOO....."Way too much 'Opinion' and not enough 'Fact'.

Who said the Huff was MSM? ... they were just comments. I am no fan of many of the commentators at Huff but they do have some decent stories at times and often they are spot on, however I think the hack on this case is dillusional ... as for the enquirer ... people with any claim to fame will tell you, if you read in the enquirer that you have three months to live - best go get your affairs in order lol

Not using the card for almost a month is bugging me. If someone steals a card and tries to use it and the account is empty, you wouldn't keep it with you and try again weeks later unless someone told you that funds had been added! Too suspicious. JMO

Sick all day & night, so please forgive me as I'm trying to catch up...missed alot. My mind maybe isn't all there right now at 2:27 am...

I thought I read somewhere that IK informed the judge that he owns undeveloped property. I'll have to go through the past 24 hours to see if it's here or bot. AnywY, it just bothers ms that he said he doesn't have any assets. The land ge owns has to be worth something. Does anybody remember the mention of undeveloped property/properties I wonder where the land is located...

I think I remember something about New York... But I don't recall where I read that.

Just curious jolmaman, were you there? I couldn't tell who was asking the quesiton.

Are you asking if I was at the press conference yesterday? I wasn't. I'm not currently in AK. I also couldn't listen in yesterday so I didn't hear any of that myself.

But, the quote I referenced was from that initial interview with the Duncan's right after the abduction so if it was discussed yesterday, I have no clue. :)

Sick all day & night, so please forgive me as I'm trying to catch up...missed alot. My mind maybe isn't all there right now at 2:27 am...

I thought I read somewhere that IK informed the judge that he owns undeveloped property. I'll have to go through the past 24 hours to see if it's here or bot. AnywY, it just bothers ms that he said he doesn't have any assets. The land ge owns has to be worth something. Does anybody remember the mention of undeveloped property/properties I wonder where the land is located...

I haven't caught up yet, so forgive me if this has been addressed already. My guess is he's referencing the land in Constable, NY that was linked to earlier. IIRC it had a value of under like 25k. IMO

investigators found enough evidence to arrest him for suspected kidnapping

This is a quote from his arrest in Lufkin. They obviously found something when they arrested him in Texas to arrest him for suspected kidnapping. Just because we don't know what that evidence is doesn't mean they don't have it. They have evidence that he is directly involved in Sam's disappearance. I have no doubt that they have evidence. And I believe he is involved. I believe the motive was money. Obviously with the stealing of the credit card the motive was money. Perhaps it was a robbery gone bad? Perhaps his mask came off and Sam saw his face? Perhaps Samantha knew who he was so he had to dispose of her?

Very interesting... I'll just bet that was IK. Perhaps LE tracked him down and he admitted to being there but claims to have not seen anything rather than my assumption that this person contacted LE.

I said the same thing a few pages back in the thread. I think a camera picked up his truck on a camera from somewhere and when they tracked him down he knew they had seen his truck there so he said he was but that he didn't see anything, and then he left the state. No doubt in my mind at all that was him and they knew all along who it took her.

This is a quote from his arrest in Lufkin. They obviously found something when they arrested him in Texas to arrest him for suspected kidnapping. Just because we don't know what that evidence is doesn't mean they don't have it. They have evidence that he is directly involved in Sam's disappearance. I have no doubt that they have evidence. And I believe he is involved. I believe the motive was money. Obviously with the stealing of the credit card the motive was money. Perhaps it was a robbery gone bad? Perhaps his mask came off and Sam saw his face? Perhaps Samantha knew who he was so he had to dispose of her?

As far as we know he has only been arrested for the access device fraud. I am sure that they have evidence, but he has not been arrested for kidnapping.

IMO
http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Suspect-or-Person-of-Interest-143836966.html
So far Keyes has only been named a suspect for access device fraud for using someone else's credit or debit card. But when it comes to the kidnapping itself, police say Keyes is not a suspect right now.

I said the same thing a few pages back in the thread. I think a camera picked up his truck on a camera from somewhere and when they tracked him down he knew they had seen his truck there so he said he was but that he didn't see anything, and then he left the state. No doubt in my mind at all that was him and they knew all along who it took her.

Check out the comments in this article.

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/25/2390676/police-fbi-seek-info-in-koenig.html#disqus_thread

specifically the one from Bill Little 8:11am on 3/26

As far as we know he has only been arrested for the access device fraud. I am sure that they have evidence, but he has not been arrested for kidnapping.

IMO
http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Suspect-or-Person-of-Interest-143836966.html

I think the confusion is coming from the fact that when he was arrested in Lufkin, the report listed the things they found, including something that led them to suspicion of kidnapping. However, the public has not been made aware of what that was.

Check out the comments in this article.

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/25/2390676/police-fbi-seek-info-in-koenig.html#disqus_thread

specifically the one from Bill Little 8:11am on 3/26

I think Bill Little is telling the truth. I honestly didn't understand at the time of the report how someone wouldn't have seen ANYTHING. I also don't think the report about it was ever supposed to be public. The fact that they wouldn't release the video told me they didn't need help with identification of the guy and when those facts are combined with all the other strangeness and lack of information being released by LE all leads me to believe they have been working this guy from the beginning. I don't think they wanted him id'd publicly because they have been watching him hoping to find her. They just said a few days ago that they believe she is alive...they believe that for some reason....So, where is she???? The debit card pin number is clearly a set up to keep track of him, I'm pretty certain that Person A wasn't a real victim of any crime but is a confidential police informant that gave IK the card and told him it was safe to use. That's why they will never ID person A.

I am really shocked over all the LE bashing on this case on this forum and others. Do people really think they are going to make everything they have public? And do people really feel they have a right to know this?

Why don't we let them do their job? They have Keyes don't they? You don't think that took some investigative effort?

Right now they just need to find Samantha. They need the public's help in knowing the comings and goings of that truck because obviously they believe that might lead to finding Sam. I think businesses and locals need to focus and try to remember if they've seen that truck in the days leading up to and after she was abducted. Perhaps business owners caught something on tape that they aren't aware. Locals should be focusing on the whereabouts of that truck during this time and finding Sam instead of using so much energy putting LE down. JMHO

I am really shocked over all the LE bashing on this case on this forum and others. Do people really think they are going to make everything they have public? And do people really feel they have a right to know this?

Why don't we let them do their job? They have Keyes don't they? You don't think that took some investigative effort?

Right now they just need to find Samantha. They need the public's help in knowing the comings and goings of that truck because obviously they believe that might lead to finding Sam. I think businesses and locals need to focus and try to remember if they've seen that truck in the days leading up to and after she was abducted. Perhaps business owners caught something on tape that they aren't aware. Locals should be focusing on the whereabouts of that truck during this time and finding Sam instead of using so much energy putting LE down. JMHO

I think they did the absolute right thing keeping so much information from the public and I hope that it pays off with an ALIVE Samantha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member