AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so its only the 1 page? Would u share with this dumbazz the details regarding his owning a gun or is it just a general assumption? I'm lost presently...obviously...

"xxxxxxxx of xxxxxx uses(s) another persons debit card recent traavel in lower 48 states possession of hand gun at time of arrest past use of marihuana and alcohol to excess(?)"

that is what I got. Someone can fill in the blanks if they can read bad handwriting lol

I will translate the scribbles:

allegations of using another persons credit card, recent arrest in lower 48 states, possession of hand gun at time of arrest, past use of alcohol and marijuana in excess.

I posted this upstream a bit. Although I believe it says TO excess not in excess at the end and it could say recent TRAVEL rather than arrest in lower 48 states.

Naturally because of sealed documents everything is not going to be there but the gun strikes me as interesting. I got what you got.

I come from a state where almost everyone has guns. Some people do have them because is "a right" etc. I am curious about flying with one though. Obviously, it can't be in a carry-on. How about in other luggage? If not, he must have purchased it somewhere in the lower 48. He would have had to do a background check. Or it is a street gun. But, it does seem weird if it is a legit purchase, it would be a reason why he is not a candidate for bond. A gun is a gun and there is no indication it was used for or in a crime...?

Also, it said he had a history or marijuana and alcohol use in excess. Is that a statement made by IK? We know he had a DUI, but, those can be one time/lifestyle altering incidents. Where is the pot thing coming from? Curious if he has records or how they know. Or if he is an informant? Any chance pot or being informants is the mutual link between IK and Sam?

I am just curious about the document...Thanks!

Does anyone know what security is like on the Ferry's to Washington State?

We recently traveled from Washington State north to Alaska. We pulled a trailer and had a couple of unloaded hunting rifles with ammunition in another box. The only security we encountered was at a booth near the boarding area, we declared the rifles and ammo. They gave us a special sticker for our windshield. We also had our dog and before boarding, we had to go inside the ferry terminal to show her health certificate. Once we were lined up to await boarding, a drug dog sniffed around most of the vehicles. That was it. No one checked our vehicle contents or the trailer contents. We could have had anything in there. No one looked.

During scheduled times we were allowed below deck to access our vehicle and let the dog out. Anyone could go down, you didn't have to have a dog. If we wanted, we could have gotten our rifle...

At certain stops we were allowed off the ferry to walk around the towns. If we were so inclined, we could have purchased/obtained a gun and taken it back on the ferry. No one checked our backpacks. The whole security was very lax. We did not have to have a passport leaving from Washington and ending in Alaska.

Hope no one gets any ideas reading this!! Just kidding.

I missed the whole thing and it seems to have been deleted now (how unusual). I think the fact that it was said to be a "reward" fund originally has disturbed a lot of people. I am sure people realized that some of the funds would go to posters in 43 different languages and lots of colours etc that are not about the actual reward. Usually it is announced as a fund to search for .....

I agree though. If these allegations of spending were aimed at me I would get an accountant in to verify usage of the funds. If some of the funds are going to household bills I could accept that but come out and say it. The man obviously can't work, his daughter is missing.

BUT a donation is a donation. If you don't think it is being used correctly don't donate. A reward fund should be handled as a non-profit by the bank I think. From what I understand it is in his name (although that could be just assumed by someone angry)

I have a question. I do not know much about reward funds and I am not bashing JK. But, I am curious...If some one has information, wouldn't they be more apt to provide it if they knew what the reward amount was? Obviously, people who know things aren't doing anything in good faith at this time. I would guess if I knew something about a crime and my life wasn't above board, I would really consider providing information if I knew the reward was $50,000 or $100,000 instead of $1,000. People who do shady things to get money, may provide information if there is a large sum involved...That is why I don't understand why it is so secretive.

Sure would love to know if that gun that was in his possession looks anything like this?
2269-suspect-single-1.jpg

Has anyone done any searching to see if there were any other similar bank robberies in TX or AZ or NM in that first 2 weeks of March?

http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/p/gunlaws_ak.htm

Gun laws in AK seem quite liberal. No concealed permit required. Felons can own a gun if it's been 10 since the offense was discharged. So he could have taken a gun on a plane if he was so inclined. Not concealed of course, but the regular way guns are transported. I'm not surprised as Alaska has a big tourist industry with lots of it geared toward hunting and fishing and other outdoor sports. Even hikers carry a gun for protection from bears, etc.

I come from a state where almost everyone has guns. Some people do have them because is "a right" etc. I am curious about flying with one though. Obviously, it can't be in a carry-on. How about in other luggage? If not, he must have purchased it somewhere in the lower 48. He would have had to do a background check. Or it is a street gun. But, it does seem weird if it is a legit purchase, it would be a reason why he is not a candidate for bond. A gun is a gun and there is no indication it was used for or in a crime...?

Also, it said he had a history or marijuana and alcohol use in excess. Is that a statement made by IK? We know he had a DUI, but, those can be one time/lifestyle altering incidents. Where is the pot thing coming from? Curious if he has records or how they know. Or if he is an informant? Any chance pot or being informants is the mutual link between IK and Sam?

I am just curious about the document...Thanks!

All firearms must be unloaded and carried in a locked, hard-sided container where only the customer retains the key or combination.

The hard-sided case must be secured in such a way that it does not allow for accidental or unauthorized opening. Multiple locks may be required on some cases to ensure the case cannot be opened. Customers are not required to place locks in every available area on the case, as long as the case is secure.

Guns are commonly transported to and from Alaska...it would not seem unusual...

Hi akmama! We have links to laws in AK & in specific Anchorage I believe in the first thread which in fact states it's legal up to a certain amount. It's only illegal in being over that amount and to selling it. You couldn't smoke a joint walking down the street but you can in the privacy of your own home. Distribution and/or sale is illegal but you could legally grow your own up to a certain amount. Definitely legal. I couldn't believe it when I first read it, but it's true. Then again, call me crazy bc I don't even smoke ciggies, but I think weed being illegal is ridiculous bc look at what all these greedy med docs did to our country by legally subscribing known addictive mind & body altering narcotics to our citizens. It's sick.

OT and JMOO....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

We (as a society) need to rethink the War on Drugs. Not just pot but it is a really good example.

From GutFeeling's link, scroll down and on the right are other states you can search. http://bandittracker.com/

I didn't see anything. Also the description of this guy says 5'9" - 5'10" and a dark colored car. Of course we have no idea when he got the white car he was eventually arrested in but that is quite a bit shorter than IK.

I didn't see anything. Also the description of this guy says 5'9" - 5'10" and a dark colored car. Of course we have no idea when he got the white car he was eventually arrested in but that is quite a bit shorter than IK.

The newspaper story said 6 feet. I am hoping the reporter actually spoke to a cop and the height was given by them.

http://www.azlenews.net/news.asp?Story=19780

This threw me off a little too. Having been a bank teller we went through extensive training on memorizing details about would be robbers, and every door and pillar in the lobby had a height marker sticker on the side. These reported heights tend to be pretty dang accurate, within an inch I would say.

I think the guy in the photos has long hair. Does IK have long hair? Or did he until recently?

This threw me off a little too. Having been a bank teller we went through extensive training on memorizing details about would be robbers, and every door and pillar in the lobby had a height marker sticker on the side. These reported heights tend to be pretty dang accurate, within an inch I would say.

There was a cop in the lobby when it happened too (off duty). The reporter must have got 6 foot from someone.

Sometimes all the training under the sun can go out the door when there is a guy pointing a gun at you or a colleague.

There is an interseting exercise carried out at our police academy after they do the "what to look for" section. Often they get different descriptions too.

In the city where I live, there are probably about 5 main places for contracter/construction workers to pick up supplies for jobs...I assume LE has talked to those types of places to try to figure out when/if he last purchased materials and any info the staff might know about where he had been working in recent months...just a thought.

I know when I managed an apt. complex some years ago, my maintenence guy would go the place to buy his stuff for the day first thing in the morning, and all the various workers/managers in the area would be there to pick up their stuff and shoot the breeze, etc...kind of a community in itself. JMO

if you are a felon you can NOT purchase a gun. It is one of the questions on the form to fill out. Have you EVER been convicted of a felony crime? a yes answer and it automatically disqualifies you. same with domestic abuse, drug use, certifiable crazies etc. Plus, if you are a felon, and check no, the background people will typically catch it.
I have no idea how you get it expounged from your record... or what types of felonies can and cannot be....
Alaska has to follow all federal laws, so they aren't any more "liberal" than the federal law allows. The state isn't a nanny state nor is it Californiastan either... so there are no goofy state laws about owning a firearm.

that pic of the gun is rather fuzzy. But IMO that is a sprinfield armory XDM, in Bi-tone. Stainless top, black botto half. available in 9mm, .40 and .45 calibers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda