AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My condolences to the family and friends.
It's always a tragic thing when someone is taken, especially someone so young.
It's depressing but I had a feeling it would end this way.
However, there are still a few dots that need to be connected here. I still have no doubt that there are some very surprising secrets yet to be discovered.
Perhaps JK and IK did know each other on some level, though...DT's father may have know him a little better. They seem as if they would keep each other's company, or maybe I am just thinking too hard and drawing lines where they needn't be.
To those questioning the Facebook pages of SK and DT: SK's Facebook page didn't go inactive until a week or so into the case. It was private and unused, but it was still there. Now, if you remember JK mentioning how they(SK and DT)had gotten into a fight and he had to help patch it up, maybe Facebook was one of the things creating, or adding to, a problem? So perhaps their pages were inactive due to the trouble they were having between each other, it is more than likely that it was completely irrelevant to the situation that transpired.
But who can really say for sure at this point?
Completely my opinions and thoughts, of course.

I wonder if DT's dad and IK crossed paths while in the pen...

when was he is louisiana? I am only going off what I have seen or heard, and I have not seen or heard he was in louisiana, and my friend in new orleans say leaving from galveston is cheaper sometimes, and I dont think money was an issue for IK. I think IF he did go on the alleged mexican cruise he left from tx and he needed a passport.

PS did this guy stay in hotels or sleep in the car?

I don't know that he was in Louisiana but it is closer than Galveston to his family and cruise prices from there are often cheaper (not always). Louisiana is a hop skip and a jump from Azle

As of Thursday afternoon, Keyes had not been charged with her murder, only with fraud for using someone else’s debit card. He was arrested in Texas and flown back to Alaska. His case is being handled in the federal system.

At a press conference Monday, police and FBI stopped just short of saying explicitly they believe Keyes is the alleged murderer. Parker said that since it’s a federal case involving the FBI, the rules for what information can be released are different.

“Detectives are still working the case hard and when they’re ultimately finished we’ll be able to release a little bit more,” he said. But for now, “We have to be very careful about how much we share.“

http://www.frontiersman.com/news/me...cle_405af864-7fa5-11e1-b576-001a4bcf887a.html

:banghead: yes, someone said he could have cruised out of NoLA, and I was asking for any media or comments saying he was spotted or had admitted to being in LA. Poster here was questioning why I thought he could have left from Galveston. I said Galveston because he was seen in the state and within 4 hrs of galveston.

No one seems remotely concerned that a teenage girls FB page gets deleted before she gets murdered and no one from a single hotel has said they saw IK or his daughter on EITHER trip to TX? I am feeling odd that I am the only one questioning the mysteries that once concerned this thread. And JK's initial letter to the kidnappers seems much more relevant NOW that IK has been arrested. Leads me to believe that IK and JK are familiar with one another.

He was seen in the State within 4 hrs of Galveston during Feb 2 -Feb 18th?

How do you know Sam's FB went down before Feb 1?

My thoughts are that LE and JK thought it could have been a kidnap for ransom in the beginning since IK seemed to be after money?

:banghead: yes, someone said he could have cruised out of NoLA, and I was asking for any media or comments saying he was spotted or had admitted to being in LA. Poster here was questioning why I thought he could have left from Galveston. I said Galveston because he was seen in the state and within 4 hrs of galveston.

No one seems remotely concerned that a teenage girls FB page gets deleted before she gets murdered and no one from a single hotel has said they saw IK or his daughter on EITHER trip to TX? I am feeling odd that I am the only one questioning the mysteries that once concerned this thread. And JK's initial letter to the kidnappers seems much more relevant NOW that IK has been arrested. Leads me to believe that IK and JK are familiar with one another.

Well, I don't know if this will make you feel any better about the Sams FB but it's been my experience as a parent of a teenager that they will deactivate and re-activate their facebook accounts with their mood. I've seen my son's girlfriends and friends deactivate over petty arguments with their friends, or if they are in trouble with their parents and I've even seen them turn them off and back on again on the same day. I really don't think her FB account status is of any relevance, of course, it could be, but I think it's unlikely.

Also I don't find it all that strange that there aren't people saying they saw IK at any hotels in TX (do we know that there aren't any?). Many of the hotels are most likely the kind where you enter your directly from the parking lot and when people are driving a lot of miles, like it seems he did, often it's going to be late at night/early in the morning and still dark when they decide to stop for the night so they can get as many miles in for the day as possible. This would mean just a quick trip inside to the desk to pick up a key and sign the credit card bill--or pay cash-- for the room, then park and walk usually only a few feet from the parking space into the room, sleep, get up, walk out only a few feet back to the car and then an even quicker trip in to the office for check out. If someone doesn't want to be seen, it's not really all that hard to avoid being seen...just wait to walk in to the office and into the room from the car until the parking lot is empty and no one will see you!

I am catching up, so maybe someone else addressed this already. If not, my guess is that a lot of these things have already been discussed quite a bit in previous threads and those of us who have been here from the beginning, (myself at least) don't really feel like typing all the same stuff out again when it's already been discussed.

As you probably noticed, there is very little information being made public. We can only speculate on most of these questions until more information is released.

http://www.adn.com/2012/04/03/2406095/details-in-koenig-case-remain.html

The way this reads, makes me think they had to dive to find her forty feet down. Or were they talking evidence was forty feet down? If she was forty feet under, I believe he is talking and they knew approx where to look at the lake.

They used sonar to locate her before they cut the ice and the divers went in. It does sound like she was 40 feet down. Ugh...that is so hard to say, because I get a visual when thinking about that!

They used to sonar to locate her before they cut the ice and the divers went in. It does sound like she was 40 feet down. Ugh...that is so hard to say, because I get a visual when thinking about that!

Here is a depth map of Matanuska Lake.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CG0QFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clicktoboat.com%2Ffile_explorer%2Fview.php%3Ffile%3DAlaska%2FMatanuska%2BLake.pdf&ei=SVN_T7b4IOOoiQK28pz_Ag&usg=AFQjCNFh60qXEDUkyY46ZznlWMQHMS-6ug&sig2=YRxhDylD2GgC3yIgsATjvQ

max depth of the lake is 82'

I wonder if IK left any robbery victims alive who may have come forward by now---

I was hoping they would release the "Cause of Death", I am guessing they are going to keep that under their hat for a bit....

This is the craziest case I've ever seen in my life. I have never seen it where LE found a body and wouldn't tell the cause of death or for that matter their prime suspect sits in jail but hasn't been charged with the murder. This is absolutely nuts!!!!

This is the craziest case I've ever seen in my life. I have never seen it where LE found a body and wouldn't tell the cause of death or for that matter their prime suspect sits in jail but hasn't been charged with the murder. This is absolutely nuts!!!!

Lots of times, they won't reveal cause of death for a long time...
as far as not charging him with murder yet...I guess there is no rush, since he is locked up, but I doubt it will be long.

Karen Swift comes to mind, as far as not revealing cause of death, and it has been months...

The most important thing is that Sam is very close to being laid to rest by her loved ones, and for that, I am grateful.

Celina Cass's cause of death has never been revealed either. Just the manner of death which is homicide.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155256"]Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011, #12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Usually until a suspect is charged the cause of death will not be revealed because LE doesn't want the public to know this. Obviously the only people that are going to know specific details on how someone died is the killer and LE. Announcing to the public the details on how someone was killed is hurtful to a case until you are certain you have the right suspect in custody and they have been charged.

Once charges are brought against IK the clock of justice start ticking and the case must go to trial within a certain amount of time. IK is not going anywhere being charged with the card fraud, so charges don't have to be filed until all the evidence is processed and a case for murder is built. It's not like he is a mad killer out lose roaming the streets that they need to charge in order to issue an arrest warrant so he can be brought into custody before he can strike again.

Since he is in custody there is no hurry to bring those charges. Not charging him with murder now give more time to build a case without having to be bothered by the normal court procedures such as hearing, depositions, motions, ect, ect.

One recent case I can think of in which the cause of death has been revealed prior to a suspect being charged is Jessica Funk-Haslam. Revealing this information might have hurt their case and that is why no one has been charged or is even a suspect in her death yet.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165085"]CA-13 yr old found dead in park - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

reading here: http://www.christianpost.com/news/was-israel-keyes-involved-in-samantha-koenigs-abduction-72618/

I snipped:

* when assistance was required in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, local, state and federal authorities moved quickly to support and move this investigation forward," Mary Rook, the FBI's special agent in charge, said at a press conference.

CONFIRMING KEYES was (at some point) in these states... (Louisiana is not mentioned..:))

* her body was discovered exactly two months after her disappearance.

I did not know that this whole ordeal was only 60 days long (seems longer IMO)

reading here: http://www.christianpost.com/news/was-israel-keyes-involved-in-samantha-koenigs-abduction-72618/

I snipped:

* when assistance was required in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, local, state and federal authorities moved quickly to support and move this investigation forward," Mary Rook, the FBI's special agent in charge, said at a press conference.

CONFIRMING KEYES was (at some point) in these states... (Louisiana is not mentioned..:))

* her body was discovered exactly two months after her disappearance.

I did not know that this whole ordeal was only 60 days long (seems longer IMO)

Most likely he had to drive thru AZ and NM to get to TX...I wonder if LE knew what he was driving by then and had them watch for the car?

Most likely he had to drive thru AZ and NM to get to TX...I wonder if LE knew what he was driving by then and had them watch for the car?

He used the stolen card in AZ and NM. I always interpreted this statement by LE to mean that AZ and NM LE helped by providing the ATM footage of IK.

i was thinking those states contained other ATM's he hit.

I see speculation that Keyes was already on the FBI list for electronic fraud when Sam went missing..... total speculation by ppl who claim to know about cc fraud and being caught in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem