AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any updates on Keyes? Could James have done this on purpose to get close to Keyes? Probably off base here but something that crossed my mind...

On the other hand, Mr Koenig stated he couldn't work while trying to find Sam, he didn't have any money so some donation money was used to pay bills - now he has a brand new p/up truck & has money for strippers/booze? Imm all for cutting him some slack but this is too much to grant a free pass. Wth did the stripper, booze & vehicle money come from?
So...did he end up with the reward/ransom money? :confused:

This whole situation has been weird from the get go. JMO

The "reward" was never legally set up as one. The money was deposited into a bank account with JK's name on it. IMO, this is the money he has been living off of since the disappearance.

My opinions.

I'm trying to have a bit of compassion for JK, as you said JG, he needs divine revelation.

I'm so torn... Can't imagine being in his situation. None of us know how he got his new truck & our minds automatically speculate bc of the sketchiness with the search & reward fun. Even if he did get it from that, who am I to judge? But then to pair it all with no job, going to a strip club, boozing it up, then literally threatening somebody with a gun? I know you're right Knox, that compassion is needed, but in the back of my mind I wonder what would have happened if the security guy at the strip bar didn't step back. Would he have been shot? Could he have been killed...all bc he showed compassion in wanting to call a cab so James & his buddy (another recently found victim's father) wouldn't drive drunk? The very true possibility is there that the security guy could have been shot dead, especially considering the gun really was in the console that he was reaching for. That's so scary. I think James should seek counseling, if he isn't getting it right now, and somehow attempt to try to turn this into a positive that could help others. He appears to be a caring individual, as he jumped right into helping this man find his missing son. If only he could channel his intentions & energy and stay the course, ya know?

He needs guidance desperately. I truly hope he gets it.

I can't imagine being in his shoes nor do I even wanna try. Just thinking about it leaves me in tears.

What JK did was wrong. But, who are we to judge him? Seriously, the man has been to Hell and back.

And since the fund was never legally set up, whose business is it how the money was spent? If you didn't donate to the fund, it's none of your business. The only folks he would owe an answer to about the fund are the people that donated to it.

Everyone here was complaining about the fund, then it came out that Keyes was demanding a ransom for Sam from her phone nonetheless, and it was all OK, because JK had been paying the ransom out of the funds.

Oh yeah, and whoever the poster was that said that they called the APD and was told that LE "had" Sam's phone, Maybe they meant the "had" Sam's phone in the sense that they were tracing it, but I don't think that's what you meant when you posted. I think you were wrong. Sam's phone was with Keyes the whole time. So, I guess you were spreading misinformation on Sam's thread.

Personally, I think that the APD did a wonderful job here. They kept the investigation quiet and got their man. Everyone who criticized them should feel bad about that. Just because they didn't release information doesn't mean they didn't do their job right.

Let JK heal, and stop judging his actions, please....

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

Not that it matters, but was that the same strip club that was offered as a reward?

Not that it matters, but was that the same strip club that was offered as a reward?

You know, I have no idea. I have about 1001 things going right now, so I can't look it up. Maybe later.

Showboat Show Club (offered the reward).

Great Alaskan Bush Company (where JK was the night he was arrested).

Grieving is a process and everyone is different. I hope someone who can offer James help, reaches out to him. Now might not be the right time, but if they keep the door open and a hand extended. He might walk thru it soon and accept the help.

Some new documents. Haha, of course the case is "complex"

Attachments

• 02311045919.pdf
    12.8 KB · Views: 29
Potential for Death Penalty addressed, and prosecutors seeking a trial in 10 months, defense asks for 2 years.

Some new documents. Haha, of course the case is "complex"

Thanks for this Ryanemsmom!!

From this document, they are referencing scheduling.

establishing a trial date, will guide the parties in establishing reasonable pre-trial deadlines. Accordingly, the United States requests that the Court continue the deadline for proposing a scheduling order until after the trial date is set. The United States proposes Friday, May 25, 2012, for the filing of a proposed scheduling order.

Forgot to attach document :)

Thanks again Ryanemsmom!!

US wants trial soon, defense wants trail in 2 years.

However, the parties have different views on a date for trial. In summary, the United States, mindful of the impact of a lengthy delay on the family members of the victim, seeks a trial within 10 months.

Defense counsel, citing the potential of the United States seeking the death penalty, are seeking a trial date approximately two years from now.

A hearing Wednesday in the case of Israel Keyes, accused of kidnapping and murdering anchorage barista Samantha Koenig in the early part of this year, strayed far from routine as Keyes attempted to break for the door before being subdued by a half dozen U.S. marshals and courtroom bailiffs. A taser was deployed...

As Jacqueline Walsh, one of Keyes three attorneys, began to make her case for why the defense was seeking a trial date as much as two years away, Keyes turned and lunged into the spectator area of the courtroom, past four guards positioned around him before he was grabbed and taken down into the second row of seats from the front.

One woman yelled "Kill him!" as Keyes was still being subdued, and he stopped visibly struggling after the taser was used."

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/courtroom-erupts-israel-keyes-tries-flee-stopped-taser

partial copy

The incident came around 2 p.m. as a lawyer for Israel Keyes talked about the defense's position on the timing of the trial, according to Anchorage television station KTVA. Keyes jumped a courtroom rail that separates observers from the court proceedings, said David Long, supervisory deputy with the marshal service. He somehow broke his leg irons and wasn't handcuffed at the time, Long told the Daily News.

Deputy marshals used a Taser to subdue Keyes, 34, and placed him in handcuffs, Long said.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/05/23/2477153/report-keyes-leaps-rail-restrained.html#storylink=cpy

The incident came around 2 p.m. as a lawyer for Israel Keyes talked about the defense's position on the timing of the trial, according to Anchorage television station KTVA. Keyes jumped a courtroom rail that separates observers from the court proceedings, said David Long, supervisory deputy with the marshal service. He somehow broke his leg irons and wasn't handcuffed at the time, Long told the Daily News.

Deputy marshals used a Taser to subdue Keyes, 34, and placed him in handcuffs, Long said.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/05/23/2477153/report-keyes-leaps-rail-restrained.html#storylink=cpy

:what: Wow!

A hearing Wednesday in the case of Israel Keyes, accused of kidnapping and murdering anchorage barista Samantha Koenig in the early part of this year, strayed far from routine as Keyes attempted to break for the door before being subdued by a half dozen U.S. marshals and courtroom bailiffs. A taser was deployed...

As Jacqueline Walsh, one of Keyes three attorneys, began to make her case for why the defense was seeking a trial date as much as two years away, Keyes turned and lunged into the spectator area of the courtroom, past four guards positioned around him before he was grabbed and taken down into the second row of seats from the front.

One woman yelled "Kill him!" as Keyes was still being subdued, and he stopped visibly struggling after the taser was used."

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/courtroom-erupts-israel-keyes-tries-flee-stopped-taser

partial copy

:eek:hwow: :thud: This may be interesting. Is he going to try for insanity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3