AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Mr. Koenig would post an email address on the top page of facebook where these kids who feel the need to post their phone number could send it directly to him in an email rather than on the facebook page for everybody and anybody to see. That is extremely dangerous. I use to live in Anchorage over 25+ years ago when I was in the USAF and I can tell you back then Anchorage was a rough town to live in.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Koenig family. I pray for a fast and safe return of Samantha.

Court records show Samantha Koenig filed for a protective order against a man in November. She didn't show up in court for a hearing related to the case and the order was never issued, court records show.

Such an order would prohibit the accused from contacting the petitioner or coming within a certain number of feet of her.

Cordie said he thought the allegations described in the protective order were investigated by police but did not lead to criminal charges.

The detective would not say if police have talked to the man named in the protective order filing. He would not say if the man was a suspect or if he had been ruled out as a suspect.

"In an investigation like this, you start with people who know her and work your way out from there. So of course, he would be someone to look at and interview," said Parker, the police spokesman.

Samantha Koenig's boyfriend, who would only provide his first name, Dwayne, said he and Samantha started dating about 10 months ago. They met while attending West High School, he said.

"She's a really good person and this shouldn't be happening to her," said the boyfriend, who is not the man named in the protective order filing. "She doesn't deserve this."

Samantha Koenig is described as 5 feet, 5 inches tall, 140 pounds, with brown hair and eyes. The man whom police believe kidnapped her is significantly taller, a detective said.
http://www.adn.com/2012/02/04/2300441/father-offers-reward-for-baristas.html#storylink=cpy

The fb page of the Samantha in Oregon is NOT the Samantha missing in Anchorage... Both of the missing Samantha's parents live in Anchorage...

Thank you Jaysee, I hope you join the discussion, a local perspective is always valuable.

Going on day four of Samantha missing
icon9.gif

If the abductor and Samantha head east towards Old Seaward Hwy., where would they have headed? Continued east on Tudor, or jumped on the New Seaward Hwy and headed out of town? What was the weather like Wednesday night, were all roads passable?

Samantha's Father (in a facebook post) said the other video footage in the area showed nothing. Not to disrespect local LE, but at this point I'm wondering if the FBI can be called in to help. The most resources and expertise, the better for Samantha, MOO.

I would be looking for the man named in the protective order. Could be lots of reasons she didn't show up in court, he could have threatened her if she pushed it. I'm not sure how much weight a protective order has, but it doesn't stop a lot of people. A cop told me one time that a restraining order (same thing) is worth about as much as the paper it's typed on, if someone wants you hurt or dead, that piece of paper won't stop them. And cops can't do much until they've already got close enough to do you some major harm.
I hope they find her, before it's too late.

Anyone understand what this means?

http://www.courtrecords.alaska.gov/pa/pa.urd/pamw2000.o_case_sum?15256958

It appears to have a date of Jan 7/12

ETA: clicking on 'Docket' reveals a bit more info, but I don't know if it is relevant to this case.

http://www.courtrecords.alaska.gov/pa/pa.urd/pamw2000.docket_lst?15256958

This is what I posted upstream. The link above says it is a misdemeanor charge, who knows what it could be. But he was supposed to appear in court tomorrow morning to face a judge.

No worries taagean, I too wondered if it were related to the sexual assault charge. I've never seen a "charging document pending" status. What does that mean and what is it typically related to?

Regarding cases with a “charging document pending,” the AOC Director made the following observation to the NCSC consultant: “Each year, there is a relatively large group of cases where the degree of offense is ‘charging document pending.’ These cases were all dismissed because a charging document was never filed. They should really be labeled ‘charging document never filed’ instead of ‘charging document pending.’”

http://www.ajsac.state.ak.us/majic/uploads/NCSC Observations on Felony Data 2007-20009.doc

No worries taagean, I too wondered if it were related to the sexual assault charge. I've never seen a "charging document pending" status. What does that mean and what is it typically related to?

I don't understand the terminology in court documents at all. Will have to go to the library and get a book! Oh, that wouldn't help because it's probably totally different here in Canada.

I don't understand the terminology in court documents at all. Will have to go to the library and get a book! Oh, that wouldn't help because it's probably totally different here in Canada.

I actually think the terminology may differ from state to state here in the U.S. I googled "Charging document pending" without any mention of Alaska at all, and what it brought up was something specific to the state of Alaska, so I have to wonder if some of these legal terms are state specific. I kind of felt lucky to find it all....I wasn't expecting to figure it out :)

When I search for this "3AN-12-00174CR", I get this as a hit - http://www.dps.alaska.gov/ast/warrants/ASTActiveWarrantsToPublish.pdf

But it won't load. I wonder if it's a failure to appear? I know back in December, one of the video's he posted which was a live performance at a local bar. He told his audience he was flying out for a divorce and custody hearing, and asked them to wish him luck. I assume this means the case was back in North Carolina.

I found the active (as of 02/04/12) warrant list here. http://www.dps.state.ak.us/AST/warrants/

You can download as an excel file or pdf. Of course his name and charge are not listed because he had already been arrested. Sorry TMI, but I wanted to see it through, lol.

I have a feeling this is not going to end well, I assume they are out of Anchorage by now and maybe headed either out of Alaska or somewhere in Alaska.

Did anybody see her being abducted? and was it dark @ 8:00?

When I search for this "3AN-12-00174CR", I get this as a hit - http://www.dps.alaska.gov/ast/warrants/ASTActiveWarrantsToPublish.pdf

But it won't load. I wonder if it's a failure to appear? I know back in December, one of the video's he posted which was a live performance at a local bar. He told his audience he was flying out for a divorce and custody hearing, and asked them to wish him luck. I assume this means the case was back in North Carolina.

It loaded for me, and is a list titled "AST Active Warrants" with names listed alphabetically. CB's name is not on it, fwiw.

I have a feeling this is not going to end well, I assume they are out of Anchorage by now and maybe headed either out of Alaska or somewhere in Alaska.

Did anybody see her being abducted? and was it dark @ 8:00?

Unfortunately, I agree with you. I keep wondering if the business (appears to be a car dealership of some sort) between Common Grounds and Old Seward Hwy was open that night at 8:00....that's the direction LE says surveillance shows them walking, so it seems they would have either walked along the street in front of the dealership or right through the parking lot....if it was open, it seems like someone MUST have seen them.

ETA: The dealership is Lithia Chrysler/Jeep, and according to their website they close at 8:00 on weeknights. Darn it.

http://www.lithiachrysleranchorage.com/contact-form.htm

Facebook update- Samanatha's Father is organizing searches today per his Facebook page which is open to the public. With help from his family and community, he has distributed over 10,000 fliers, raised money for a reward, organized search parties and has rallied the entire community to get involved in any way they can.

My heart goes out to this Father who is doing everything within his power to bring his little girl home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back