Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her most recent IG account was a week old. In the two most recent posts she had scratched through her own face and in a post from 4 days ago she Xed out her eyes. Take that fwiw.

Having two middle school aged children, this scribble is extremely common in this age group. I don’t care for it either, but all their friends do it frequently as well. It doesn’t raise any red flags to me. IMO

It's 6:20 here in NC and there is enuff light to see a person's approx. height, clothing, hair & skin color, etc. Maybe a neighbor or Amberly's aunt had an outside camera or perhaps a neighbor saw something to help. License tag, etc. Let's hope. Maybe the aunt or her family has a suspect -- someone new in the area or hanging around the school bus stop, a yard- or repair-man, etc.
Thank you, borndem!

It’s 6:08 in alabama and it is dark. Unless there are street lights or a porch light, I personally wouldn’t be able to describe a vehicle in the driveway. Imo. I’m not sure what the area where she was last seen looks like as far as outdoor lighting.

If the "brother in law" or whoever saw a GREEN SUV, he should have been able to see/hear her fighting back or some form of commotion I would think. I don't think there was an SUV, I don't think she harmed herself either. IMO

Last edited:
I’m amazed they were able to keep it hush, hush from 6:30 AM!

And, delayed the press conference. I sometimes wonder when that happens, if they aren't applying for search warrants with exigent circumstances for certain suspects articles/phones/computers that they have and need that to happen before anything is announced.

Or perhaps it took so long because they were interviewing and it took longer than expected?

Was there ever a family Facebook created as to looking for her that we see in so many missing persons and or abduction cases?

She uploaded a youtube video 7 months ago.

Oh no, I see that was made on "Musical.ly" which is now the same company as the "TikTok" app: Musical.ly - Wikipedia

There have been recent warnings about that app being used by predators:

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - Social media experts are warning parents about a popular app that sexual predators could also be utilizing. The app is called TikTok and it’s one of the world’s most downloaded apps.

With TikTok, kids can make short 15-second videos with special effects and filters. They can make videos of themselves dancing, lip-syncing and pulling pranks, then share it with friends. Sounds innocent enough, right? But with 500 million global monthly users, experts say there’s a large community of child predators on this app searching for their next victim, leaving many parents concerned the app has become a “hunting ground” for pedophiles. Social media experts say it’s so popular especially for young people because it gives the user a lot of creative freedom.

The app states it’s rated for children ages 12 and up and describes itself as a way for users to capture "funny and memorable moments to share with the world.” One of the main issues with TikTok is when kids sign up to use the app, the default setting is set to public, which means anything they share can be seen by any other user in the world. Experts say TikTok can not only expose children to inappropriate video and language, but the app can also collect an alarming amount of data from its users, including phone location.

Social media experts warn parents of popular ‘TikTok’ app

BBM. She was videoing from her bedroom. And it sounds like that app could have shown other people her location? Not good. MOO.

I’m also local, same county as this girl. I’ve lurked here for years trying to stay up to date on several cold cases I can’t let go of but this is my first time posting. I am sick to death. This is SUCH a quite area, you never imagine something like this happening. There is so much anger locally because the LE won’t tell us if there is foul play or not. This is the kind of place you give kids a lot more freedom than people in cities probably do and now all of us are hyper vigilant and scared. I feel like the only reason they wouldn’t let our community know if it’s foul play or not is because they’re trying not to scare off a suspect.
So sorry that this has happened in your area. All of a sudden things have changed in your little town -- are the streets safe -- can my children play in the front/back yard -- can my 10 year-old still walk to school -- all these new worries start. And some people look "scary" now -- who was that guy who just walked by my house?

We're always glad to have someone local on these horrible cases, so please let us hear from you when you can. And --

Welcome to Websleuths
gigcitysleuth !!

Oh no, I see that was made on "Musical.ly" which is now the same company as the "TikTok" app: Musical.ly - Wikipedia

There have been recent warnings about that app being used by predators:

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - Social media experts are warning parents about a popular app that sexual predators could also be utilizing. The app is called TikTok and it’s one of the world’s most downloaded apps.

With TikTok, kids can make short 15-second videos with special effects and filters. They can make videos of themselves dancing, lip-syncing and pulling pranks, then share it with friends. Sounds innocent enough, right? But with 500 million global monthly users, experts say there’s a large community of child predators on this app searching for their next victim, leaving many parents concerned the app has become a “hunting ground” for pedophiles. Social media experts say it’s so popular especially for young people because it gives the user a lot of creative freedom.

The app states it’s rated for children ages 12 and up and describes itself as a way for users to capture "funny and memorable moments to share with the world.” One of the main issues with TikTok is when kids sign up to use the app, the default setting is set to public, which means anything they share can be seen by any other user in the world. Experts say TikTok can not only expose children to inappropriate video and language, but the app can also collect an alarming amount of data from its users, including phone location.

Social media experts warn parents of popular ‘TikTok’ app

BBM. She was videoing from her bedroom. And it sounds like that app could have shown other people her location? Not good. MOO.
OH NO. I saw this warning on the news the other day!

I can’t stress enough how grateful I am that there was no SM when I was raising my kids! The pressure must be unbelievable! It’s hard enough being a pre-teen, teenage or young adult without all the other BS!

Do we think possibly self harm as they found her so quickly ?
I'm not thinking self-harm on this one, but it does happen.

In my experience here on WS, however, abduction/rape/murder is much more common. Also, as we've seen, and as statistics show, when a child is kidnapped and raped, the child is usually killed within the first 24 hours or so.

But I'm not ruling out self-harm. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste