Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person was brazen to pull up in the driveway! He certainly didn’t try to hide the make of his vehicle.

He may not have known that the man in the yard next door was her uncle.

The timing of this abduction was too coordinated IMO. AB may have known her aunt was going out; the uncle being in the yard next door working was unpredictable as to where he would be in that yard.

Did this perp live close? Why did the uncle not go over to see what the person in the vehicle wanted? Common courtesy unless he was expecting AB to be picked up.

Unfortunately we need Amberly’s thread title updated (flagging moderator)

So sad! :( Where did they find her?

They didn’t say.

—-

Could a confession have led them there?

—-

Now I’m reminded of Jenise Wright and Isabella Grogan Canella...(someone known to the family? Or like Maddie (a neighbor), or like Gabrielle Dolan...

Last edited:
The person was brazen to pull up in the driveway! He certainly didn’t try to hide the make of his vehicle.

He may not have known that the man in the yard next door was her uncle.

The timing of this abduction was too coordinated IMO. AB may have known her aunt was going out; the uncle being in the yard next door working was unpredictable as to where he would be in that yard.

Did this perp live close? Why did the uncle not go over to see what the person in the vehicle wanted? Common courtesy unless he was expecting AB to be picked up.

We're not even sure there was a vehicle at all. That could have been a lie to throw everyone off. Heck we don't know if this was just a horrible accident, we don't know where she was located. There could be a mad man/woman on the loose. ALL IMO

We're not even sure there was a vehicle at all. That could have been a lie to throw everyone off. Heck we don't know if this was just a horrible accident, we don't know where she was located. There could be a mad man/woman on the loose. ALL IMO

I can’t think of how this could possibly be a horrible accident? What types of scenarios would lend themselves to that? Not arguing, just asking :)

Last edited:
""We are diligently, diligently pursuing different avenues and Lord willing we will have answers in upcoming days. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers, and we move forward in this tragic event," Sheriff Weldon shared in a Saturday afternoon press conference."
I thought the wording of "tragic event" was telling. Can't quite figure this one out yet.
'My heart is shattered' Sheriff confirms missing Alabama girl discovered deceased

""We are diligently, diligently pursuing different avenues and Lord willing we will have answers in upcoming days. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers, and we move forward in this tragic event," Sheriff Weldon shared in a Saturday afternoon press conference."
I thought the wording of "tragic event" was telling. Can't quite figure this one out yet.
'My heart is shattered' Sheriff confirms missing Alabama girl discovered deceased

His demeanor struck me as extremely shaken. I could be reading things into it past the expected response.

His demeanor struck me as extremely shaken. I could be reading things into it past the expected response.
He seems very sincere and very broken about this. Sometimes LE seems angry when a child is found deceased. I can't think of a specific example. I have a 12yr old daughter and want to know what happened. It almost sounds like an accident or something but idk. I just hope they update the public when they can

I agree.

(Sorry didn’t mean to double post there)

—-

My brother is local and trust me the people there are not happy. Local LE being very vague is not helping.

This to me indicates it’s quite bad —when is a dead child not bad but hopefully ykwim. In other words this reeks of violent foul play, moo.

—-

ETA:

I’m trying to think of how this could be some sort of “accident” (LE seems to be taking this more seriously than just an accident, this to me is a big indicator), the only thing I can think of is something like maybe she ran away and accidentally got hit by a car, idk that’s a reach but anything’s possible. Always expect the unexpected.

Last edited:
Heartbreaking. Prayers for the family.

Wondering what the strategy was to delay the announcement.
Possibly has to do with family.
Do they have a suspect? Anything to tell the public to BOLO forthe suspect?
So many questions...
And tears. Oh, we see these little angels too, too often. She was a beautiful little girl. She was 11 and 5'1" -- she probably would have been a tall beautiful young woman, but no one will ever know how tall or how beautiful. Sigh.
Just dammit.

WATCH: Missing 11-year-old girl from DeKalb County found dead

“DEKALB COUNTY, Ala. — The search for 11-year-old Amberly Barnett has yielded tragic results. Authorities confirmed that Amberly’s body was found Saturday morning.“

Ugh. I had a bad feeling about this one from the start.

---

RIP Amberly. :(

Now who did this to you? There will be justice, sweet girl.

---
ETA: I have a feeling the sheriff gave so little info because they have a suspect in mind. Or they are hot on the trail of someone.

MOO.

I’m also local, same county as this girl. I’ve lurked here for years trying to stay up to date on several cold cases I can’t let go of but this is my first time posting. I am sick to death. This is SUCH a quite area, you never imagine something like this happening. There is so much anger locally because the LE won’t tell us if there is foul play or not. This is the kind of place you give kids a lot more freedom than people in cities probably do and now all of us are hyper vigilant and scared. I feel like the only reason they wouldn’t let our community know if it’s foul play or not is because they’re trying not to scare off a suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919