Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up again, does anyone know if this have any priors?

ETA: obviously still catching up: saw @cybervampira post re: previous arrest for harassment. Thank you!
You will need to check surrounding areas.
Counties
(Floyd Co, Bartow Co, Cobb Co, Paulding Co, Polk Co *Georgia)
(DeKalb Co & Cherokee Co *Alabama)

Cities
Acworth Ga, Cartersville Ga, Kennesaw Ga, Cave Springs Ga, Cedartown Ga, Rome Ga...

<modsnipped sleuthing non pois>
Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this poor young girl would've gone over to his house by the sounds of it, or wandered around outside and discovered anything. From sounds of it, she was the cautious type. I think this is SA and murder.

While I agree with your thoughts, I believe that you're replying to a different poster, maybe?

Mine that you quoted was directed at sdled regarding her post about acid, etc., asking for MSM links. :)

The mention of the dark SUV never made sense to me. He said it pulled in and then left. He described it to LE. In that close knit area, no one knew anything about it or at least it wasn't reported that anyone knew who owned it. That alone didn't make any sense. The area was rural enough that it was highly unlikely that it could have been a random crime. I think the minute he described that SUV and no one knew anything about it or who owned it, he went to the top of the LE's list.
Wonder how long it took for him to come up with such a "descriptive" (eye roll) sighting? IMO

Being as he lived next door to her aunt and they were family thru marriage, I would say he had quite a few opportunities. Why he chose this time to murder her is my question. Maybe she bit him and it angered him. Could be it was the first time he did anything to her tho.

I mean this very respectfully... And my emotions are running high given the announcement today. But theorizing that sweet, innocent victim Amberly bit him and it angered him feels very hurtful at this moment. I hope she fought like hell to save her own life and perhaps helped catch her killer by leaving marks. But in my opinion he already knew what he was going to do and her fate was sealed. By him and him alone. Sadly. Moo.

With no official mention of SA, do we really gotta go there?

Yah I don't know, I think everyone can read between the lines. IMO SA says nothing about the victim only about the predator that may have committed such acts! There is no blame that ever should be put onto any victim of a SA and in this case murder as well...MOO

Last edited:
It also occurs to me that he may have been harassing her over the time she was at her aunt's and was to scared to confide in the adults there, knowing that he was their family. She was described by her mother as being scared to do anything wrong. She may have felt she had no one to confide in to get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87