Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been away all day. What was all that about last night on social media? Has she been found?
No, there were rumors floating around about searching a specific area. WSFA12 news clarified that investigators are following leads and will be likely searching numerous areas both by land and air.

Edited to add link

Her parents said the text exchange sounded like how she would normally interact. She texted she was with Eric, a guy she just met. I’m leaning towards this being exactly what happened.

Do you have any links to that? Her mother recently told nancy grace that they didn't know if it was really Aniah who messaged the roommate.

Grace's podcast is linked in the article
HELP BRING ANIAH BLANCHARD HOME! Beautiful teen college student missing after Snapchatting with roommate about new friend

Yeah, I thought that, too, until I read the transcripted text. It sounded extremely basic to me. Not unlike something that any girl might reply. Very brief. IMO just not detailed enough to say for sure.
I think that she told her roommate “love you” is pretty specific. The roommate would know if that’s normal or not. Not everyone tells their roommate that. Of course it could go either way, could have been Aniah texting or someone impersonating her on her phone. We don’t know for sure. Just my feeling is it was Aniah, she did meet up with someone and that person is responsible for her disappearance. Moo

I honestly don’t know what to think anymore. I keep checking and praying for some positive news, but it looks pretty grim right now.

What if... she had plans to meet with someone at a particular place, but when she realized the person wasn’t who she thought he was, she decided to leave, grab her some chips because the meet up was a bust, and head for home. Meanwhile, this man becomes enraged and follows her leading to an altercation. I just can’t wrap my mind around her disappearance. MOO

I know, it seems like it happened so suddenly & randomly. It sort of reminds me of what happened to Kelsey Smith - went shopping in the day time at Target to buy her boyfriend an anniversary gift, and as she was getting into her car, she was attacked. The police saw her on camera, but had to keep replaying the video until they noticed a car in the frame, and then a guy go over to Kelsey’s car. That guy raped and murdered her :(

I’m the same podcast she did also say it sounded like her. Nancy grace reiterated it sounded like her vernacular and her mother agreed.

But mom has also said that they are not sure if it was her messaging. Honestly, we really don't know. But when I read the transcription, I thought those responses could have been either of my two girls or any of their friends. So I guess it just seemed so basic for young women of this age. That is how it "rang" to me.

But mom has also said that they are not sure if it was her messaging. Honestly, we really don't know. But when I read the transcription, I thought those responses could have been either of my two girls or any of their friends. So I guess it just seemed so basic for young women of this age. That is how it "rang" to me.
Oh I totally agree. I just wanted to state the mom says two things..1, it sounded like her, and 2, we aren’t sure she sent them.

I also think if what we’ve heard is all that has been sent on them they are very generic, as you say.

Oh I totally agree. I just wanted to state the mom says two things..1, it sounded like her, and 2, we aren’t sure she sent them.

I also think if what we’ve heard is all that has been sent on them they are very generic, as you say.

Yeah, I just really feel down about this case. Just really sad. And sick and tired of beautiful people being victimized. :(

Just remember that the transcription is from a podcast where Aniah’s mother related what Aniah’s roommate recalls was said in a snapchat that disappeared shortly after she read it. It is not a transcription of the actual snapchats. If you ask me to recall a text conversation with my daughter earlier today, I seriously doubt I’d remember verbatim what was said. But IMO what matters is that the roommate, in the moment, believed that it sounded like Aniah.

The timeline of the Snapchat messages seems so weird. Either it’s her, which means she gets out of the gas station and is okay for at least ten more minutes and actually meets up with someone in that time, or it’s the perp texting which seems really fast to have grabbed her, subdued her, and to be texting on her phone. If I remember right, it’s about 10 minutes from Chevron camera to Snapchat message.. just seems like an odd timeline. The most plausible thing to me based on that is that someone was in her car with her when she got to the gas station. Maybe he asked to go back to her place and she said no, and there was a fight?

Just remember that the transcription is from a podcast where Aniah’s mother related what Aniah’s roommate recalls was said in a snapchat that disappeared shortly after she read it. It is not a transcription of the actual snapchats. If you ask me to recall a text conversation with my daughter earlier today, I seriously doubt I’d remember verbatim what was said. But IMO what matters is that the roommate, in the moment, believed that it sounded like Aniah.

I was under the impression that the snapchat could have been the snap chat message function which can be saved by the user. If so, then they would have the actual messages. There was discussion of this early on in the thread but was it was speculation. Not saying it was a certainty, but just a possibility with that app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper