Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she’s in the Tuskegee National Forest (and I’m not saying she is) This has taken a sinister turn. Long stretches of Hwy 80 that runs beside and through TNF have no signal from any cell provider, no street lights and no stores. It’s very spooky just driving hwy 80 after dark. It could take days, weeks to search that area unless that have a certain area they’ve been tipped to look.
I was thinking this, too. If you follow S. College Street south out of Auburn, you end up in the forest. There is a fire tower out there that we used to hang out at sometimes when I was a student and grad student (if it’s still there). I knew exactly where it was and still sometimes got lost out in those woods trying to find it. It’s very remote, little/no cell phone signal, many dirt roads and paths a car can’t even get down, and several bodies of water. I hope that’s not where she is.

I was thinking this, too. If you follow S. College Street south out of Auburn, you end up in the forest. There is a fire tower out there that we used to hang out at sometimes when I was a student and grad student (if it’s still there). I knew exactly where it was and still sometimes got lost out in those woods trying to find it. It’s very remote, little/no cell phone signal, many dirt roads and paths a car can’t even get down, and several bodies of water. I hope that’s not where she is.
You touched on something I had thought of while riding around Wire Road on Friday. That car isn’t built for rugged terrain and with the tremendous amount of rain we’ve had lately, the dirt roads are very muddy. I doubt it going very far in that environment and should be easy to detect if so. Probably not going to take time to wash it down before ditching it in Montgomery. I was driving a 4wd with off-road tires or else I probably wouldn’t have even tried some places I went.

What was the weather like in North Alabama that day? If it was raining, she may have had two pairs of shoes with her for the funeral. One pair of nice shoes for the church or funeral home and one pair of duck boots or shoes to wear in the rain at the graveside. That’s what I would do if the forecast called for rain at a funeral.

She must have had a change of shoes in her car. Which to me would lean more towards a plan to go out or meet up with someone. If you just were going home you would keep the more comfortable shoes on, no?

My thoughts as a Newby, I think she knew the person/persons. Kids these days let any of their friends know their location. Anybody on her friend list could have seen her at the gas station. Why was her roommate asking her location???Her roommate probably knew her location too. I have 3 kids of similar age. They watch where their friends are through Instagram, Snapchat. It’s kind of a safety feature for them. Maybe Aniah didn’t want her roommate to know who she was really meeting. (I’ve told a small lie before during dating years)

She must have had a change of shoes in her car. Which to me would lean more towards a plan to go out or meet up with someone. If you just were going home you would keep the more comfortable shoes on, no?
I have two daughters, one 25 and the other 16. They would both wear ridiculously uncomfortable high heels for the funeral, but if there was travel involved to get home afterwards, they would both stick something more comfy in the car just for traveling - either a flat or an Ugg boot or slipper.

What was the weather like in North Alabama that day? If it was raining, she may have had two pairs of shoes with her for the funeral. One pair of nice shoes for the church or funeral home and one pair of duck boots or shoes to wear in the rain at the graveside. That’s what I would do if the forecast called for rain at a funeral.

Good question. Aniah was at the Chevron around midnight on Oct 23rd, and went missing early in the morning on the 24th. Attached is the weather on the 24th, from the airport 20 miles away.

No rain, no wind, 50 degrees.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 9.55.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 9.55.02 AM.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 20
The person could have planned and followed her path via location media from Bham and/or started physically following her once back in Auburn or maybe waiting in the area of her apartment for her. He could have made it seem like a chance meeting at gas station. He could have told her to “turn off her location so “blank” doesn’t know we are together” If this location idea is true for her...I’d ask every kid that is friends with her if they saw her location on Wednesday night. Did they note seeing Aniah’s location and another friends location at that gas station or anywhere in that vicinity.

The timeline of the Snapchat messages seems so weird. Either it’s her, which means she gets out of the gas station and is okay for at least ten more minutes and actually meets up with someone in that time, or it’s the perp texting which seems really fast to have grabbed her, subdued her, and to be texting on her phone. If I remember right, it’s about 10 minutes from Chevron camera to Snapchat message.. just seems like an odd timeline. The most plausible thing to me based on that is that someone was in her car with her when she got to the gas station. Maybe he asked to go back to her place and she said no, and there was a fight?
I think if someone was with her at the gas station, wouldn’t her phone pings have shown when and where she picked him up? If she voluntarily met up with ‘Eric’ or someone else, I don’t think she met him at the gas station, she probably went to his house to pick him up to hang out. Jmo

I think if someone was with her at the gas station, wouldn’t her phone pings have shown when and where she picked him up? If she voluntarily met up with ‘Eric’ or someone else, I don’t think she met him at the gas station, she probably went to his house to pick him up to hang out. Jmo
Great question - I’ve been updating her media thread and have not seen anything released about what happened after she was seen on video other than her vehicle about an hour later - so has LE pulled cell phone tower data yet I wonder? We know she had life360 and it was shut off but was her phone still pinging ? What else do they have? GPS on her vehicle? If they have given TES specific areas to search I’m going to guess they do have data they have not released yet
JMO

Only if he was already known to her, can I see that. I can't imagine her doing that if she hadn't met him before. I have daughters just a bit older than she is. They both say no way to picking up a stranger at their home or anywhere, much less letting them in your car. Its always a meet-up in a populated area. This is why I struggle so much with her meeting a "new" person that night. Too many factors that my girls say they just can't see themselves or anyone they know doing it that way. Of course, its all still speculation and nothing seems to make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper