Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To those of you who have experience sleuthing cases:
Why would they withhold the perpetrator's descriptions and more information from the community?
It's been 12 days... everyone I know is on high alert because "this sort of thing just doesn't happen here" regularly. Our crime rate is pretty low here in Auburn compared to the national average.
If they know who the perp is and have questioned him and have a pretty good idea about what happened, there would be no need to give this information to the public. What they would need is time to collect evidence and probably put surveillance on the suspected perp and hopefully find a body. It can take a long time and the more LE knows usually the less the public knows. Moo

There's always the possibility that there were two perps that live in the auburn area and are hiding in plain sight. The car being dropped by one in Montgomery could've been to throw LE off, then he was picked up by his buddy who drove them home to auburn.

There are at least two towns between Montgomery and Auburn - Shorter and Tuskegee - where this person or persons could have ditched the car - the fact that is was in Montgomery (where I live) says to me the perp lives here. Also, as it has been said several times, these apartments are off the beaten path, not visible from the highway, so someone had to know they are there.

There are at least two towns between Montgomery and Auburn - Shorter and Tuskegee - where this person or persons could have ditched the car - the fact that is was in Montgomery (where I live) says to me the perp lives here. Also, as it has been said several times, these apartments are off the beaten path, not visible from the highway, so someone had to know they are there.
Is anyone on social media or news comments, discussing the apartment complex in Montgomery? Do college students live there?

They could know they are there without living there. I know where apartment complexes are located in quite a few towns that I'm familiar with, including Montgomery. He could've known someone who has lived in this complex. Decided to dump the car there because it's off the beaten path to divert attention away from himself and the town he actually lives in. It's a possible scenario. IMO.

If they know who the perp is and have questioned him and have a pretty good idea about what happened, there would be no need to give this information to the public. What they would need is time to collect evidence and probably put surveillance on the suspected perp and hopefully find a body. It can take a long time and the more LE knows usually the less the public knows. Moo

Thank you. Hopefully Aniah will be found sooner than later.

To those of you who have experience sleuthing cases:
Why would they withhold the perpetrator's descriptions and more information from the community?
It's been 12 days... everyone I know is on high alert because "this sort of thing just doesn't happen here" regularly. Our crime rate is pretty low here in Auburn compared to the national average.
In addition to what insearchoflight said - we often see LE arrest their main suspect on other unrelated charges (felon in possession, drugs, etc.) Then they build a case - DNA, a body, cam sightings, phone pings. Maybe we should look at jail rosters.

Maybe someone was waiting for her to get home. People that live in apartments tend to park in the same spot. It may not have been totally random.

I don't have a very good understanding of social media apps and those that share your location.... But it has been mentioned that Aniah may have had them on her phone so her "friends" could see where she was at any given moment.

Is it possible that this "Eric" fella was on her friends list- by her choice- and so her location was visible to him?

Perhaps she did decide to just go home after dropping off her brother and buying the chips and thru one of her apps let this eric know that. Maybe eric wasn't very happy about that and could see where she was and found her either at the station or her apartment?

Or if her location wasn't visible to him, perhaps he simply googled her or did some asking around and found out where she lived and was there waiting at the apartments for her to return. Maybe she had let him know earlier on that she was probably gonna be too tired to get together.

Or- maybe because she was too tired to go out and he was "eager" to meet her, and she being a super kind girl compromised and agreed to meet at the gas station, thinking she would be safe there, and thinking she could just say hello and agree when they would get together next. Her behavior inside the store may have seemed "off" according to her dad and the ex-fbi guy because she had a bad feeling about "eric" and because she was tired.

She even could have agreed to meet at the station and leave from there to go out, but decided it was a bad idea after meeting him and maybe she tried telling him she was gonna go home after going in the store and her behavior in the video would reflect the burden of that emotion.

Once outside the store, either he was waiting in her car or followed her home.

Or, this is a stretch, maybe "eric" wasn't eric after all but coincidentally really a fellow student who she knew (or at least knew her) posing as Eric- so this guy easily found out where she lived and was in the parking lot when she got home.

Praying for answers and peace for her family, this pain is unfathomable.

I apologize as I haven’t been able to read all the posts here, perhaps this has been mentioned.

If the perp didn’t know anything about Aniah’s family, can you imagine the perp’s reaction when he found out who Aniah’s father is? :eek: I hope he’s imagining and fearing a very painful beating.

I’m reminded of when a robber broke into LL Cool J’s house and LL took care of the intruder. If you watch LL’s “Mama said Knock you out” video, you’ll understand what I mean. That’s the last house I’m sure the suspect wanted to be breaking into.

'Mama said knock you out': LL Cool J broke burglary suspect's nose, jaw, ribs
https://www-m.cnn.com/2012/08/23/showbiz/ll-cool-j-burgar/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Last edited:
I don't have a very good understanding of social media apps and those that share your location.... But it has been mentioned that Aniah may have had them on her phone so her "friends" could see where she was at any given moment.

Is it possible that this "Eric" fella was on her friends list- by her choice- and so her location was visible to him?

Perhaps she did decide to just go home after dropping off her brother and buying the chips and thru one of her apps let this eric know that. Maybe eric wasn't very happy about that and could see where she was and found her either at the station or her apartment?

Or if her location wasn't visible to him, perhaps he simply googled her or did some asking around and found out where she lived and was there waiting at the apartments for her to return. Maybe she had let him know earlier on that she was probably gonna be too tired to get together.

Or- maybe because she was too tired to go out and he was "eager" to meet her, and she being a super kind girl compromised and agreed to meet at the gas station, thinking she would be safe there, and thinking she could just say hello and agree when they would get together next. Her behavior inside the store may have seemed "off" according to her dad and the ex-fbi guy because she had a bad feeling about "eric" and because she was tired.

She even could have agreed to meet at the station and leave from there to go out, but decided it was a bad idea after meeting him and maybe she tried telling him she was gonna go home after going in the store and her behavior in the video would reflect the burden of that emotion.

Once outside the store, either he was waiting in her car or followed her home.

Or, this is a stretch, maybe "eric" wasn't eric after all but coincidentally really a fellow student who she knew (or at least knew her) posing as Eric- so this guy easily found out where she lived and was in the parking lot when she got home.

Praying for answers and peace for her family, this pain is unfathomable.

This is where my mind is. Maybe she even told her brother that she was supposed to go out, and he advised her not to go because she seemed tired, and she took his advice, so let "Eric" know that she had changed her mind. He either knew where she was because she told him, because of snap map, or because he already knew her well enough to know her usual places: "stopping off to get chips then going home," "dropping off my brother, then going home," etc. Then he followed her or waited for her at the gas station - this could explain her expression while in the store. I also think she was looking down and over her left shoulder in the video, and seemed concerned.

I personally think the damage to the car could have been from perp driving recklessly in a panic.

One thing I wonder is, if this "Eric" met up with AB, either at the gas station or at her apartment or along the way, where is his car? Is there some abandoned car in one of these places, or is there an Uber driver that knows something?

they do? im local- born and raised. Never paid for a bag - anywhere?
Yes, at Harris Teeter, SafeWay, CVS, Ross Dress for Less, Dollar Tree, and all the other grocery and drug stores there. I just moved back from DC to the Birmingham area a few years ago and don’t miss paying 10 cents for a plastic bag in DC proper. Also a few years ago DC created an ordinance that requires restaurants to not use styrofoam containers or they will be fined. Now places use plastic take out containers that can be reused or made out of a biodegradable cardboard like material. Brown paper bags were free though. None of these rules were in NOVA or Maryland. Just DC proper.

Yes, at Harris Teeter, SafeWay, CVS, Ross Dress for Less, Dollar Tree, and all the other grocery and drug stores there. I just moved back from DC to the Birmingham area a few years ago and don’t miss paying 10 cents for a plastic bag in DC proper. Also a few years ago DC created an ordinance that requires restaurants to not use styrofoam containers or they will be fined. Now places use plastic take out containers that can be reused or made out of a biodegradable cardboard like material. Brown paper bags were free though. None of these rules were in NOVA or Maryland. Just DC proper.
I'm in NOVA - that explains it.

EIiWaEdXYAA4Qne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads