Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should go door to door at the apartment complex where her car was found and show them his picture to see if anyone recognizes him. He might not live there necessarily but may have been seen there before visiting someone who does live there. A lot of times things are not random and are done because the perp is familiar with the area.

Absolutely.

Good old-fashion police work

Based on the news articles and prior mugshot info on this guy (who looks just like the POI), it seems incredibly reckless he was walking around in public. He has a very dangerous and violent history. And he appears to have a prior charge for kidnapping as well in his history. Why was he even walking the streets to begin with??

I know we can’t post anything from SM... but here’s a news article about a robbery and beating in Montgomery earlier this year and the man arrested looks a lot like the guy on the video... in MOO and whatnot. (The guy arrested in this article was also arrested in 2012 for the attempted murder of 2 LE officers at a Chevron in Montgomery.)

Two charged with beating, robbing, abducting 2 men at Montgomery hotel

Oh wow just saw the social media post, very interesting indeed, the POI has been identified on SMS hopefully it’s not much longer before we have some answers.

Edit : yikes seems like this guy has priors for attempted murder , he’s even had victims at Chevron before.
Welp, that’s not good! All the more reason for the police to look into him though for sure! Yikes!

So if they have this guy leaving the gas station in a silver car, he must have followed her? With a criminal history they would already have is DNA so was there not enough for a match?

I know we can’t post anything from SM... but here’s a news article about a robbery and beating in Montgomery earlier this year and the man arrested looks a lot like the guy on the video... in MOO and whatnot. (The guy arrested in this article was also arrested in 2012 for the attempted murder of 2 LE officers at a Chevron in Montgomery.)

Two charged with beating, robbing, abducting 2 men at Montgomery hotel

OMG horrible! From your link:

"Macon County deputies made contact with the driver and then inside the vehicle was a 77-year-old white male that had been severely beaten," Herman said. "Their investigation determined that the male had been beaten, robbed and abducted from his vehicle in Montgomery."

So if they have this guy leaving the gas station in a silver car, he must have followed her? With a criminal history they would already have is DNA so was there not enough for a match?
That’s a great point. Some states only collect DNA from convicted felons, but I just checked and AL is one of 30 that collects it from all arrestees - regardless of the offense committed. (They’ve been collecting DNA from arrestees since 2009.) So, this guy’s DNA should definitely be in the database.

I have no idea what the process of matching DNA samples entails or how long it takes. Can the process take some time if they don’t have a known profile they want to compare it to? I haven’t the slightest idea how any of that scientific stuff works. I’ve always been an English and Arts kinda gal (versus science, or math, or any other data based type of subject).

Yup, I was convinced after hearing Walt's interview that this had to be random because of the timeline of her disappearance that night. This is exactly how they caught Kelsey Smith's murder when they noticed a man following her aisle to aisle on Target security footage. The markings on her SUV lead me, IMO, to believe he either faked a car accident by hitting that side of her car to pull her over OR he may have rolled his window down, made contact and threatened her with a gun to drive and pull over to where he demanded. Granted this is all speculation, but its all starting to make sense. He's screwed. I'm so glad he's one of those evil people who are actually too stupid to get away with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB