Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rbbm.
Expert says this is the key to finding Aniah Blanchard
"Tim Miller is the founder and president of Texas EquuSearch based in Houston.

“I think there needs to be fliers posted at every single convenience store, every shopping center, everything,” says Miller.

Even to the point of printing it out and having it with you in your wallet or car.

“And then also her clothing description, you know if she had her purse or anything. Who knows if something was thrown alongside the road and discarded?”

"Experts say you can sometimes spot a person in distress by the way they behave. If your gut tells you something is wrong; trust it. If you see Blanchard, call police and give them your location. Officials warn, though, it might not be safe to engage her if she is with another person."

Regarding store cctv..
" She seemed preoccupied " "Did not seem normal to me" (as a shopper)
Nov 1 2019
"Former FBI agent Jack Owens talks to WVTM 13 about the investigation into the disappearance of a 19-year-old college student from Homewood, Alabama"

Just remember that the transcription is from a podcast where Aniah’s mother related what Aniah’s roommate recalls was said in a snapchat that disappeared shortly after she read it. It is not a transcription of the actual snapchats. If you ask me to recall a text conversation with my daughter earlier today, I seriously doubt I’d remember verbatim what was said. But IMO what matters is that the roommate, in the moment, believed that it sounded like Aniah.

I was under the impression that the snapchat could have been the snap chat message function which can be saved by the user. If so, then they would have the actual messages. There was discussion of this early on in the thread but was it was speculation. Not saying it was a certainty, but just a possibility with that app.

The timing really is odd. I wonder how certain the roommate is about the time of the text exchange. Since it was through Snapchat, would there be any record of the time of the exchange? If not, and if she’s relying on her memory of the time, it may not be exactly accurate.

Could be. Just didn’t sound like the mother was reading the actual snapchats in the podcast, and i believe we’re talking about a transcription of what the mother said about the snapchats on the podcast.

I’d also speculate that if the roommate was not concerned at the time, then she would have had no reason to save the chats. Do people routinely save their chats? Or is there a setting that will save all your chats by default?

I do save most of my snapchats. I don’t have it as a general setting, but a per user setting. Once you turn it on for that user, you have to actually turn it off before it stops saving them. It will only save them for 24 hours. IF she had it turned on for Aniah, it would have saved for 24 hours - they realized something was wrong before that time period ended...so I’d be willing to bet that either she went back & manually saved them (saves them forever) or took a screenshot of them. They could access the exact time to the minute with a manual save. I know with me, using Snapchat regularly, that would have been my first thought when I realized something was wrong...go save those snapchats. That allllll depends on if she had that save setting on for Aniah. Hope that helps!!

I also wonder if Aniah had the Snapchat map turned on...& if any of her friends saw it. That thing is kinda hard to turn off like you have to go out of your way in Snapchat to turn it off. It’s a little more complicated than just turning off the location for Snapchat...if you turn off the location then you turn off geotags too. So most ppl would want those...maybe not the map capability. Even if you don’t have find my friends enabled or whatever...the map could have still been on. Just a thought...

I have been going back over the Eric meet up scenario. From what I can find, the “best friend” is the only basis for this possibility. The only corroboration for the potential meet up was the roommates text with AB, but we’ve already determined this could potentially not have been AB texting.

Also, in looking near the Chevron, this is a much more populated area that I expected. There are several restaurants/bars and apartment complexes very close by where she could’ve met up with someone. This would explain the ~1 hr space between her last text and the sighting on 85/College.

Great question - I’ve been updating her media thread and have not seen anything released about what happened after she was seen on video other than her vehicle about an hour later - so has LE pulled cell phone tower data yet I wonder? We know she had life360 and it was shut off but was her phone still pinging ? What else do they have? GPS on her vehicle? If they have given TES specific areas to search I’m going to guess they do have data they have not released yet
JMO
Only if he was already known to her, can I see that. I can't imagine her doing that if she hadn't met him before. I have daughters just a bit older than she is. They both say no way to picking up a stranger at their home or anywhere, much less letting them in your car. Its always a meet-up in a populated area. This is why I struggle so much with her meeting a "new" person that night. Too many factors that my girls say they just can't see themselves or anyone they know doing it that way. Of course, its all still speculation and nothing seems to make sense to me.

I do save most of my snapchats. I don’t have it as a general setting, but a per user setting. Once you turn it on for that user, you have to actually turn it off before it stops saving them. It will only save them for 24 hours. IF she had it turned on for Aniah, it would have saved for 24 hours - they realized something was wrong before that time period ended...so I’d be willing to bet that either she went back & manually saved them (saves them forever) or took a screenshot of them. They could access the exact time to the minute with a manual save. I know with me, using Snapchat regularly, that would have been my first thought when I realized something was wrong...go save those snapchats. That allllll depends on if she had that save setting on for Aniah. Hope that helps!!

Yes, very helpful!!

I believe the police released the gas station video to trigger someone’s memory of what they saw at that location. I don’t think “Eric” is a stranger she met on a dating site. In Auburn, you can run into a classmate, a neighbor, old boyfriend, friend etc at the Chevron by her apartment. It looks like she was planning to go home in the video, in my opinion. Doesn’t the snap chat map show all your friends locations on a map? I’m not very SC savy. Kids this age for some reason are ok with friends seeing where they are-whenever they pull up IG location finder map thing.

That could be true as well, However; she was seen at chevron AFTER seeing her stepfather and dropping off her brother and her shoes were not tan as indicated in the TES description.

My apologies if I am not following you here but, we know that she dropped her brother off an other than the Chevron clerk, he was the last known person to have seen her. The description of her clothing at that time was from the brother. The description in the quote below was released early on prior to the Chevron video being released. There has been a lot of discussion here about the duck boots and whether or not she might have changed shoes. She was wearing black tights it does appear, so I am wondering if this is in fact what she was wearing when the brother was dropped off. I was surprised to see her dress was not entirely black, but I suppose it is a black on gray? print? Guys often see and describe clothing differently from girls anyway. Maybe he just described the boots as poorly as he described her dress?

Blanchard is described as light in complexion, 5’6”, 125 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. She was last seen wearing a black dress, tan duck boots, and black stockings.
Auburn police searching for missing 19-year-old woman

Not tech savvy. How do they know what time her phone went dead? I assume her phone has not been found.
The missing poster says there has been no phone activity and I’m not sure if it’s been released what time it went offline

Attachments

• 97A4BB7D-74E8-4117-9352-9B47B9AD80D0.jpeg
    97A4BB7D-74E8-4117-9352-9B47B9AD80D0.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 20
DBM

Last edited:
Apparently Texas Equusearch isn't officially involved quite yet...

Group to meet with authorities about involvement in search for Aniah Blanchard

"A high profile volunteer search and recovery company will meet with Auburn investigators about getting involved in the search for 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard, the company said Sunday.

Texas Equusearch, which specializes in horse mounted recovery efforts, said they are not officially involved in the search, but they have team members on standby to assist once they are officially invited to help in search efforts. The group posted a flyer about Blanchard’s disappearance to help spread awareness about this case."

Not tech savvy. How do they know what time her phone went dead? I assume her phone has not been found.
In an interview with our sister station WBRC in Birmingham, Angela Haley-Harris, Aniah’s mother, said Aniah had apparently met a young man Wednesday night. Harris does not know how her daughter met the man.

Harris also went on to say that Aniah’s debit card was used Wednesday night. Authorities checked the area her cell phone was last in use. Mrs. Harris says Aniah’s phone went dark after 11:57 p.m.

Auburn Police Chief Paul Register on Friday said Blanchard’s vehicle was seen in the early morning hours of Thursday around 12:30 a.m. in the area of South College Street and Interstate 85 in Auburn.
Police: Missing 19-year-old’s SUV found in Montgomery, Ala.

Another day without answers as to where Aniah is, so I’ve gone back over the timeline yet again to try and determine what may have happened to her between 11:20 at the Chevron Station on Wednesday evening and the following Friday when her car was found in Montgomery and a couple of things jumped out at me:

After rereading all the MSM reports on the media/timeline thread, I realized that nearly every single one says she, (or someone), snap chatted with her roommate “close to midnight” on Wednesday, not at 11:30 as we keep repeating on WS. If in fact the Snapchat occurred closer to midnight, that gives more time, about 30 minutes not just 10, for her to have encountered her abductor and whatever happened, happened.

As regards the Chevron station, if she was in fear when she went in there, why would she leave without telling someone? From my perspective, in the video, she looked tired, but not apprehensive.

I also believe that LE may know who the perp is and that is why we are not seeing any, “Do you know this person?” videos from law enforcement; particularly the man in the video at the Chevron station. Either it is him and they know it or it is not him and they know it. But they may have observed an encounter there with another person that they have since identified.

How long after her purchase was it before Aniah’s vehicle pulled out of the station? Could they tell if she was driving? LE likely knows which way her vehicle turned leaving the Chevron. Was it towards her apt.? Was it followed?

If there are no other sightings or video of her vehicle between the Chevron and I85 an hour later, then I believe the encounter may have happened at her apartment complex. I say this because there must be more video of that suv as it made it’s way along So College St upon leaving the Chevron unless she turned off the main road quickly. Her apartment is evidently quite near to the Chevron. I don’t know if it has cctv. From all accounts it appeared as if Aniah intended to go home after getting her chips.

If the encounter happened in the apartment lot, I believe it was either a stalker or someone who was loitering and saw the opportunity. It would have been a lot easier to accost her here than at the busy Chevron. I don’t believe she would agree to meet someone she didn’t know at her apartment.

Finally, I feel that the perp disposed of Aniah’s body prior to dumping her car in Montgomery. It would be too risky to carry her off from the vehicle at the Park Place apartments. I think he stopped at an isolated area, left her, and then dumped the suv. He is probably familiar with the Montgomery area.

JMO

My apologies if I am not following you here but, we know that she dropped her brother off an other than the Chevron clerk, he was the last known person to have seen her. The description of her clothing at that time was from the brother. The description in the quote below was released early on prior to the Chevron video being released. There has been a lot of discussion here about the duck boots and whether or not she might have changed shoes. She was wearing black tights it does appear, so I am wondering if this is in fact what she was wearing when the brother was dropped off. I was surprised to see her dress was not entirely black, but I suppose it is a black on gray? print? Guys often see and describe clothing differently from girls anyway. Maybe he just described the boots as poorly as he described her dress?

Auburn police searching for missing 19-year-old woman
We have no idea who gave the clothing description. That has never been said. We do know her parents said it on the first video.
Another day without answers as to where Aniah is, so I’ve gone back over the timeline yet again to try and determine what may have happened to her between 11:20 at the Chevron Station on Wednesday evening and the following Friday when her car was found in Montgomery and a couple of things jumped out at me:

After rereading all the MSM reports on the media/timeline thread, I realized that nearly every single one says she, (or someone), snap chatted with her roommate “close to midnight” on Wednesday, not at 11:30 as we keep repeating on WS. If in fact the Snapchat occurred closer to midnight, that gives more time, about 30 minutes not just 10, for her to have encountered her abductor and whatever happened, happened.

As regards the Chevron station, if she was in fear when she went in there, why would she leave without telling someone? From my perspective, in the video, she looked tired, but not apprehensive.

I also believe that LE may know who the perp is and that is why we are not seeing any, “Do you know this person?” videos from law enforcement; particularly the man in the video at the Chevron station. Either it is him and they know it or it is not him and they know it. But they may have observed an encounter there with another person that they have since identified.

How long after her purchase was it before Aniah’s vehicle pulled out of the station? Could they tell if she was driving? LE likely knows which way her vehicle turned leaving the Chevron. Was it towards her apt.? Was it followed?

If there are no other sightings or video of her vehicle between the Chevron and I85 an hour later, then I believe the encounter may have happened at her apartment complex. I say this because there must be more video of that suv as it made it’s way along So College St upon leaving the Chevron unless she turned off the main road quickly. Her apartment is evidently quite near to the Chevron. I don’t know if it has cctv. From all accounts it appeared as if Aniah intended to go home after getting her chips.

If the encounter happened in the apartment lot, I believe it was either a stalker or someone who was loitering and saw the opportunity. It would have been a lot easier to accost her here than at the busy Chevron. I don’t believe she would agree to meet someone she didn’t know at her apartment.

Finally, I feel that the perp disposed of Aniah’s body prior to dumping her car in Montgomery. It would be too risky to carry her off from the vehicle at the Park Place apartments. I think he stopped at an isolated area, left her, and then dumped the suv. He is probably familiar with the Montgomery area.

JMO

we’ve repeated 11:30 Snapchat because that is what LE or parents have said. We didn’t dream it up here. LE, however has often referred to times in this case that can be confusing. They have often said “shortly before midnight” or “shortly before seen on video” to later change to an exact time that isn’t necessarily “shortly” imho.

I’ll get some links and requote this later. In the meantime, you might be able to search that time in this thread and see when mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB