Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her outfit is described here as a long sleeved black and white paisley tunic with black leggings.

I’m not trying to be funny, but in all honesty there’s no way my husband, son or father would have described the outfit with that much detail. I can imagine them saying, “It was like a black dress with...<insert hand motion to indicate some type of swirly print>...and black pantyhose.”

Missing Pieces Network

Thanks. That has been fixed from the initial descriptions from what we had to go on from the beginning.

Maybe she bought a 10 cent candy, from the counter?

OR
maybe she paid 10 cents for a bag. My 7/11 charges 10 cents ifs you want a plastic bag for your purchases.
Interesting. I haven't encountered that anywhere but Europe. Is that a thing in Alabama? I live in a neighboring state and its not a thing here.

Interesting. I haven't encountered that anywhere but Europe. Is that a thing in Alabama? I live in a neighboring state and its not a thing here.
Welcome to California, land of the punitive tax which the state calls a "recycling fee". We pay those fees (in addition to sales tax) on paint, tires, mattresses, drinks, electronics, and on and on :rolleyes:

I know that we sometimes do this here so I set up a map on Google Maps with pings so we can get a view on where she was etc. After looking at the map that street the car was last seen on via the traffic cam looks to be a busy one. I wonder if something happend to her after she got on the interstate?

Aniah's Timeline - Google My Maps
Why is there a ping in Opelika? Her license plate was pinged last at 12:30am on South College Street and I85 in Auburn. They did not say her car travelled I85 to Montgomery. There are other routes the driver could have taken to reach Montgomery.

In the US, it varies by community. In my town, plastic bags are still used and are free. Neighboring town has banned plastic bags.

I try to use my own reusable bags for groceries. I would much prefer paper instead of plastic when needed. They are at least biodegradable and could be recyclable.

Speaking of camera's that reminds me of a comment I was going to post but forgot about. I am wondering if whoever took Aniah is possibly a handyman who works at Park Place apartments. I think that whoever did this to Aniah is someone who is familiar with Park Place Apartments that knows there are no working camera's at that place. I think that's why they chose to put her car in that specific area because that way there would be no footage of them leaving it there etc. It would make sense if this person is someone who works there.

ETA: I assume that there are no working cameras there because LE would have no doubt released that footage in hopes to get someone who recognizes the person.

I think it's county by county because in new new here, I live in NYC and we don't pay for them, but Suffolk county on Long island, they do pay for them.

Typically there is no cost for bags in Alabama that I am aware of. Some stores do charge for bags but that’s as a matter of company policy (Whole Foods and Fresh Market). Chevron would not be charging for a bag. And who would need a bag...for a bag of chips? MOO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

That area is a well-known location fir dumping stolen cars. I'm local to the Auburn area, and, had no idea that was the case until Aniah's car was found there, but, then again, I try to avoid situations where I might need to dump a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walt Harris(her step father) will be on the Ariel Helwani show tomorrow which starts at 1pm ET and will presumably speak about the case. Not sure what order the show will be in(in terms of interview schedule) but the interviews are usually longer than the cookie cutter local news interviews .

Welcome to California, land of the punitive tax which the state calls a "recycling fee". We pay those fees (in addition to sales tax) on paint, tires, mattresses, drinks, electronics, and on and on :rolleyes:
Oregon here, no plastic straws, no plastic bags and the list goes on. Ugh! Including a surcharge to use your debit or credit card.

Oregon here, no plastic straws, no plastic bags and the list goes on. Ugh! Including a surcharge to use your debit or credit card.
OT-I forgot the straws and Styrofoam, but I'm ok with banning those two.

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - A high profile volunteer search and recovery company will meet with Auburn investigators about getting involved in the search for 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard, the company said Sunday.

Texas Equusearch, which specializes in horse mounted recovery efforts, said they are not officially involved in the search, but they have team members on standby to assist once they are officially invited to help in search efforts. The group posted a flyer about Blanchard’s disappearance to help spread awareness about this case.
Search continues for Aniah Blanchard; recovery group meeting with police to help

I thought TES was invited to help search, this article says they have not been asked yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper