Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess, I would say that the person in the video didn't do anything to make them think that they were involved initially. But after the amount of time has passed and that person never came forward and maybe they were working to ID the guy without falsely accusing someone, the information came in that they needed to finally put it out there. I don't really know much about the Auburn PD and how well they function, but just playing devil's advocate here. We never know if there is a cat and mouse game going on behind the scenes. I always hope for that over incompetence, anyway. But you never know.

I'm not versed on what the chain of custody as far as evidence, and the hierarchy within the agencies as to which agency makes the calls when so many are involved. Can someone school me on this?
I'm just wondering if all of this was delayed because of all of the agencies involved. Surely, there were enough experts involved (I think they said 60 or so) to be able to rule out the red herrings that were flying around in the beginning.
Also, another thought, what if this guy hasn't come forward because he's afraid he's going to get blamed, when, in fact, they just want to question him....I hope we know soon!

If I had to guess, I would say that the person in the video didn't do anything to make them think that they were involved initially. But after the amount of time has passed and that person never came forward and maybe they were working to ID the guy without falsely accusing someone, the information came in that they needed to finally put it out there. I don't really know much about the Auburn PD and how well they function, but just playing devil's advocate here. We never know if there is a cat and mouse game going on behind the scenes. I always hope for that over incompetence, anyway. But you never know.
Except for even now they aren’t accusing anyone. They want to talk to him which from day 1 I would think they would have wanted to find and talk to anyone who was in that store in hopes they may have seen something or somebody.
I’m not by any means criticizing LE there is obviously a reason why they waited, I just trying to understand why. After just following IH case, I felt that as much info that could be released to the public that would be helpful for the public to assist in finding the suspect was released and released frequently. They released a lot of detail on that case as it went along and I believe it helped to bring her home safely and quickly. JMO

Ok i’m Through the first thread. I’m annoyed. Clearly many of you questioned a person in the chevron video in black pants early on. Why has it taken LE 2 weeks to release video of a POI? What would be a good explanation for that? Same thing happened with cupcake. I’m not understanding why images of a POI in any case would not be immediately released. There would be much more likely hood of someone close to the POI noticing or remembering some details specific to the date she went missing rather than 2 weeks later.
Also, maybe I haven’t gotten to the info yet. But where’s her phone? Certainly LE has to have a digital print by now. Where did her phone ping before it went dead? Was it found in her car? Where is it? If she was using any apps they should have all that info by now including snaps.
Does the Honda CRV have a traceable landnav system?

I feel like anyone at the store of the last place she was seen should've been questioned, and even more reason too if they didnt come forward after seeing all the news about the case. The way her body language was just from the small bit I saw in the video, and the pause at the door by person exiting was errie. The FBI agent that gave the interview about her body language even said the same thing about her being off, and I'm sure he saw more of the video than we did. JMO

Ok i’m Through the first thread. I’m annoyed. Clearly many of you questioned a person in the chevron video in black pants early on. Why has it taken LE 2 weeks to release video of a POI? What would be a good explanation for that? Same thing happened with cupcake. I’m not understanding why images of a POI in any case would not be immediately released. There would be much more likely hood of someone close to the POI noticing or remembering some details specific to the date she went missing rather than 2 weeks later.
Also, maybe I haven’t gotten to the info yet. But where’s her phone? Certainly LE has to have a digital print by now. Where did her phone ping before it went dead? Was it found in her car? Where is it? If she was using any apps they should have all that info by now including snaps.
Does the Honda CRV have a traceable landnav system?

I was mind boggled by this too because I had even said some pages back in this thread that my main theory was she met up with someone because it was the only thing that made sense considering LE had not release any footage/picture of a POI. I even stated that I thought if there was a POI they would have released a picture of it first thing to try and find out who did this. So that theory can be tossed out now.

I wonder if they didn’t release his photo before because they didn’t suspect him at that time. The wording in the press release said that he was seen leaving the Chevron in a silver or gray crown Vic, so, what if this lead came from a tip from someone else at the Chevron that night? Or could it be that he was “seen” leaving the Chevron on camera footage?

"Why has it taken LE 2 weeks to release video of a POI? What would be a good explanation for that? Same thing happened with cupcake. I’m not understanding why images of a POI in any case would not be immediately released. There would be much more likely hood of someone close to the POI noticing or remembering some details specific to the date she went missing rather than 2 weeks later."

I am wondering if the police knew who this POI was from the very beginning and have been keeping an eye on him. With so many arrests I would think he would be well known to the police. In the Mackenzie Lueck case and also the Cupcake case both POI's were let loose and their cell phones tracked. The first guy led LE to the mountains where ML's remains were found. In the Cupcake case the POI was let go but they tracked his phone to a dumpster near some apartments and then to a landfill where they found her remains. So maybe it is similar. They don't have his cell but maybe just following him. Not sure exactly how it would work but maybe after 2 weeks they had no more info so then they release the video picture. JMOO

I was mind boggled by this too because I had even said some pages back in this thread that my main theory was she met up with someone because it was the only thing that made sense considering LE had not release any footage/picture of a POI. I even stated that I thought if there was a POI they would have released a picture of it first thing to try and find out who did this. So that theory can be tossed out now.

That was the main theory I had been leaning towards as well. With the new information of a POI, it brings more questions to me. Did the POI travel to the Chevron on foot or did they also have a vehicle located there? Is there more footage from outside of the gas station that has lead to the specific POI? Going back to the timeline of AB's purchase to the Snapchat exchange with her roommate, it is such a short period of time which has always thrown me off. Possibly, she sent those messages but was forced to do so?

That was the main theory I had been leaning towards as well. With the new information of a POI, it brings more questions to me. Did the POI travel to the Chevron on foot or did they also have a vehicle located there? Is there more footage from outside of the gas station that has lead to the specific POI? Going back to the timeline of AB's purchase to the Snapchat exchange with her roommate, it is such a short period of time which has always thrown me off. Possibly, she sent those messages but was forced to do so?

I agree. I have so many questions too. The POI did have his own vehicle as they have release a description of it which I've copy and pasted below. Apparently they got him on camera driving away from the Cheveron.

Additionally, the individual in the video was observed leaving the area in what is described as a late 2000s model Lincoln Town Car, which investigators believe is silver or grey.

Photos show person of interest in Aniah Blanchard case

The man left the area in a late 2000s model Lincoln Town Car that was silver or gray, police said.

Auburn police release photos of person of interest in Aniah Blanchard disappearance

Authorities said the man, who is black and appears to be in his early to mid-20s, weighs about 200 pounds and stands 5 feet, 8 inches to 5 feet, 10 inches tall. He was wearing a camouflage Vans hoodie with dark shoes and pants, police said. Investigators believe the man drove away in a late 2000s Lincoln Town Car that is silver or gray.

Aniah Blanchard search: Police seek ‘person of interest’ in Alabama college student’s disappearance

I agree. I have so many questions too. The POI did have his own vehicle as they have release a description of it which I've copy and pasted below. Apparently they got him on camera driving away from the Cheveron.

Additionally, the individual in the video was observed leaving the area in what is described as a late 2000s model Lincoln Town Car, which investigators believe is silver or grey.

Photos show person of interest in Aniah Blanchard case

The man left the area in a late 2000s model Lincoln Town Car that was silver or gray, police said.

Auburn police release photos of person of interest in Aniah Blanchard disappearance

Authorities said the man, who is black and appears to be in his early to mid-20s, weighs about 200 pounds and stands 5 feet, 8 inches to 5 feet, 10 inches tall. He was wearing a camouflage Vans hoodie with dark shoes and pants, police said. Investigators believe the man drove away in a late 2000s Lincoln Town Car that is silver or gray.

Aniah Blanchard search: Police seek ‘person of interest’ in Alabama college student’s disappearance

Thank you for sharing, I had missed that regarding the vehicle!

I sure hope to goodness there was. Yet, for instance in the Dulce case they had others in the video in the store the released but says they weren’t involved I believe. Many questioned them.

DBM since subject matter/POI name has not been actually named by LE
Undestood.

Wondering if an abduction could have happened for a robbery only, and if a planned robbery attack was what this was?

"Why has it taken LE 2 weeks to release video of a POI? What would be a good explanation for that? Same thing happened with cupcake. I’m not understanding why images of a POI in any case would not be immediately released. There would be much more likely hood of someone close to the POI noticing or remembering some details specific to the date she went missing rather than 2 weeks later."

I am wondering if the police knew who this POI was from the very beginning and have been keeping an eye on him. With so many arrests I would think he would be well known to the police. In the Mackenzie Lueck case and also the Cupcake case both POI's were let loose and their cell phones tracked. The first guy led LE to the mountains where ML's remains were found. In the Cupcake case the POI was let go but they tracked his phone to a dumpster near some apartments and then to a landfill where they found her remains. So maybe it is similar. They don't have his cell but maybe just following him. Not sure exactly how it would work but maybe after 2 weeks they had no more info so then they release the video picture. JMOO

I don’t know. Unless, maybe there is more than one perp and they don’t have all? I hope to goodness they are following this poi and know who he is and who ALL his associates are.

But if they knew, why are they now asking for help to identify him> With Cupcake, the had a name from the getgo, it does not seem this is the case. Even if he is just a POI I still don't get why they waited so long , they had Aniah's video right away.

"Aniah is a nurturing person. She likes to make sure everybody is OK. That’s what my concern is, that somebody has taken advantage of her kindness," Blanchard's father, [EB], said.

View attachment 213860
Who is Aniah Blanchard? Missing Auburn teen is forgiving, loves softball and baby blue

This has me thinking. Yes, she'd help someone in need, but, she's smart and appears to be aware of the POI.
I would help someone in need also, but, honestly, not this guy. I would, however, consider helping a woman.

“One of Haley-Harris’ younger children previously died in a car crash, she said. But the feeling of Blanchard’s absence has been different.”

Is this true? Her parents already lost one child to a vehicle accident??

I'm not sure if it was mentioned anywhere else, but in the interview Walt Harris did on the MMA interview show on YouTube (iirc), he mentioned that Angela had already lost a child, but he didn't go into any specifics.

How absolutely devastating.... Praying for this family

But if they knew, why are they now asking for help to identify him> With Cupcake, the had a name from the getgo, it does not seem this is the case. Even if he is just a POI I still don't get why they waited so long , they had Aniah's video right away.
I agree but one thing is certain, they should know who he is now, as long as they have his face plastered all over Alabama. That is a very clear pic of him so someone should quickly recognize him. A neighbor, exgirlfriend, coworker, teacher, family member. And that money is enough to make anyone identify him. Moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member