Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably assaulting her in the car and beating her to a pulp. Possibly disposing of her body and decided to ditch the car in the opposite direction.

There are so many open areas right in the vicinity of the Chevron. There is even a small body of water nearby. I hope that the teams have searched thoroughly in that immediate vicinity.

zz.JPG

Where is Aniah?

makes me cringe thinking he could have been staying in a hotel there (or just found an empty parking lot) and taken her to it before going back on the interstate. Thinking he did more than just kill her. Definitely deserving of more than a black eye. Would love to have seen his face when he found out who her step dad is.
Moo I agree :(

IY is already facing charges of kidnapping and attempted murder. It's my understanding that, at the very least, he's facing 20 years in prison according to Alabama laws. He could get life. What does he have to lose by telling them where she is at this point if, in fact, they do have his DNA in Aniah's car? Why not make a deal to save himself from execution and give her location? He's not in Montgomery anymore. Lee County does things a little differently.

You're absolutely right. He knew he was going down for at least 20 years for kidnapping and attempting to murder the 77 year old man. He had nothing to lose when deciding to kidnap Aniah.

Last edited:
It sounds like IY isn't cooperating with the police. That is actually somewhat surprising to me. He is already facing the other charges of kidnapping and assaulting the 77-year-old man you would think he would use what he knows as leverage of some sort. Regardless he will be going away for a very long time if not forever. I hope he starts talking for the sake of AB's family and friends.
Aniah Blanchard's father says her accused abductor not cooperating with police

IMO... please do not be fooled. Having seen far too many of these hardened criminals as a former prosecutor, do not believe the cognitively challenged BS. This guy is a shrewd, crafty, accomplished criminal. He knows exactly what he is doing. He may not be able to write a thesis, but he is extremely clever in his own right.

It infuriates me that these crimes keep getting perpetrated by criminals let out on bond or even granted parole when they shouldn’t be. I will support any petition to try to rectify this, but it is too late for many. Recidivism is REAL. Rehabilitation for violent criminals, especially ones with escalating drug use, is mostly an illusion. This guy knew he was going back inside. No one he crossed paths with was safe. IMO

IMO... please do not be fooled. Having seen far too many of these hardened criminals as a former prosecutor, do not believe the cognitively challenged BS. This guy is a shrewd, crafty, accomplished criminal. He knows exactly what he is doing. He may not be able to write a thesis, but he is extremely clever in his own right.

It infuriates me that these crimes keep getting perpetrated by criminals let out on bond or even granted parole when they shouldn’t be. I will support any petition to try to rectify this, but it is too late for many. Recidivism is REAL. Rehabilitation for violent criminals, especially ones with escalating drug use, is mostly an illusion. This guy knew he was going back inside. No one he crossed paths with was safe. IMO

Thank you for posting this. I was just about to post something similar. This guy is going to drag this out and he is NOT going to give up Aniah's location. He's just NOT. He will be difficult and is going to pull out all the stops and he knows how to manipulate the system to accomplish what he wants. He is nothing but a VERY hardened criminal and he will destroy anything in his path for his own purposes.

For the love of God, WHY was he walking the streets?

Poor Aniah.

MOO

It sounds like IY isn't cooperating with the police. That is actually somewhat surprising to me. He is already facing the other charges of kidnapping and assaulting the 77-year-old man you would think he would use what he knows as leverage of some sort. Regardless he will be going away for a very long time if not forever. I hope he starts talking for the sake of AB's family and friends.
Aniah Blanchard's father says her accused abductor not cooperating with police
Moo Someone like him is 100% asking “What’s in it for me?” with doing anything. I suspect they will have to make him an offer where it really benefits him to tell them where she is, or I doubt he will tell them. Again, all moo...

I have no words that can explain what needs to happen to this sub human. He should have been put away a long time ago. If the justice system did it's job she and AC would be alive. BB past charges were horrific to me. I am sick to my stomach with this countrys legal system.

Last edited:
What damage has the 3 strikes law caused? You do the crime,you pay for the crime. Please tell me what the problem with that law is. I am dumbfounded by your statement.

I’m not the one who made the comment you’re asking about, but what came immediately to mind would be someone who commits felonies such as armed robbery or rape, but doesn’t kill their victims. If they know they’re in a “3 strikes” state, on that third felony, how much more likely are they to kill the victim instead of stopping at armed robbery or rape? Dead people don’t talk, afterall, so in a criminal’s mind, are they thinking they’re more likely to get away with their crime and avoid a third felony if they kill the victim? Either way, guilty of a third felony, regardless of severity, they’re looking at life.

Then there are the criminals that commit multiple lower level, non-violent felonies. Do we really want prisons crowded with people sentenced to life who have 3 non-violent felonies? I don’t have an answer for you, but I think this is also a question often raised when discussing “3 strikes”.

Huh? He was arrested in Florida. The single report from that random twitter user that he was arrested in Montgomery was incorrect
I have no words that can explain what needs to happen to this sub human. He should have been put away a long time ago. If the justice system did it job she and AC would be alive. BB past charges were horrific to me. I am sick to my stomach with this countrys legal system.
In one of IY previous trials, his mother wrote a letter blaming a concussion as a child for his lack of impulse control yet she wanted his juvenile crimes to remain sealed! She can’t play both sides...my poor son and then hide the bad things he did as a minor too

In one of IY previous trials, his mother wrote a letter blaming a concussion as a child for his lack of impulse control yet she wanted his juvenile crimes to remain sealed! She can’t play both sides...my poor son and then hide the bad things he did as a minor too
Great, she's an enabler. My poor son. I wonder what she thinks of her dear son now

Preach it. I can only imagine as a former prosecutor, you've seen way too many guys like this one walk out to do the same crime again, only a different victim. I don't understand why our country allows them to roam free again, after serving time. As if serving time cures them. It doesn't, and often times, when they get out, they go right back to harming others until they're caught again. We are far too liberal with letting sick criminals out on the streets again. What's even more pathetic is that there are people out there who will defend these animals- not just defense lawyers, but psychiatrists (he's cured!), family, friends, etc. Saying what a nice guy so and so is, hard worker, blah blah.

My question to her would be how can you prove his actions are due to a concussion? Does she have medical proof? If she does, then why didnt she get her son help the moment she saw that was the case or at least have it medically documented that she did the best that she could do with the resources afforded to her as a mom? If she cant prove any of that, then she needs to realize she was complicit to what we have today and negligent to his overall health the moment she saw he showed signs of instability. Any response to that without documented proof is just noise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members