Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd wish they could've told her step father where they were before bringing him in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
While I understand your sentiments, keep in mind her stepfather does not need to be in trouble with the law over this. Being a professional fighter, his hands are considered weapons. JMO

I personally do not for a moment believe he snatched Aniah up for sex trafficking or prostitution or robbery. I believe it was out and out rape and murder after she put up a fight. He has attempted rape charges btw on another case. And I also want to say "good doggies" I love when K9s are used to get these perps...MOO

As others pointed out, I'm very curious about the reason law enforcement didn't release his image sooner. Not as a suspect or POI, even, just as someone they want to interview since he was in the same place at the same time she was last seen. I'm sure they spoke with the clerk there for the same reason. Just seems a bit odd that they waited so long, though I feel like there was some strategic reason for the decision.

Glad he was caught so quickly once the public did get to see his image. I hope that means a quick determination of what happened to this young woman.

He was claiming to have chest pain so they took him to the hospital first.[/QUOTe
The system is such a fail that violent criminals get to go free and violate again and again! I'm so sick of it! I am so hopeful that Aniah is found ( as well as the other missing people from the area) and that she is alive! Just to add a side note about the snapchat messages. A lot of phones just need a fingerprint to access now. If she was knocked out, they could have easily accessed her phone info, which would also include any banking apps to transfer her money!
I am sick as well, my son works IT for our county. He sees more than anyone should. It breaks my heart,each and everyone. He as become desinthatsides to the violence over many years. He does follow a few cases, this is one of them.

I personally do not for a moment believe he snatched Aniah up for sex trafficking or prostitution or robbery. I believe it was out and out rape and murder after she put up a fight. He has attempted rape charges btw on another case. And I also want to say "good doggies" I love when K9s are used to get these perps...MOO
I agree with this. I think Yazeed is just a wild animal that’s been doing what he wants for too long.

IMO our US Marshall’s are the best. This man was evading authorities and leading them on a pursuit. They were quite aware of his violent criminal history at this point to include attempted murder on LE. He was thought to be armed and extremely dangerous. Each of their lives were at risk while pursuing this man. Quite frankly I think he’s pretty darn lucky to have only sustained a black eye and not have been shot.
We also don’t know the whole story behind this and I for one wouldn’t be surprised if IY was the first to swing. MOO
I don't have a problem with the black eye. I'm sure that it was a tough situation for LE, and especially with dogs involved he's lucky to only have that injury. I think the reference to police not being the ones to beat this guy up refers more to the many posts advocating violence against him. As unpalatable as it may be, he does have rights (many of them), and for police to intentionally inflict injury because of what he (allegedly) has done would be entirely inappropriate. Not saying that's what you were supporting, just saying I think that's more what that post was talking about.

As others pointed out, I'm very curious about the reason law enforcement didn't release his image sooner. Not as a suspect or POI, even, just as someone they want to interview since he was in the same place at the same time she was last seen. I'm sure they spoke with the clerk there for the same reason. Just seems a bit odd that they waited so long, though I feel like there was some strategic reason for the decision.

Glad he was caught so quickly once the public did get to see his image. I hope that means a quick determination of what happened to this young woman.
I think so too - has to be a reason for the delay - we talked about this early on - surely there were other people in and out before and after they should be showing us but they didn't. I also think it took awhile to get her image out to us - that may have been strategic too.

I heard on the radio this morning that they had evidence she was injured in the car - it was an interview with her mother. I'm sure it's linked in the media thread but it struck me - her mom knows something very bad happened to her in the car that she drove (and they may have bought for her - it's a super safe vehicle IMO). How awful this must be for them
JMO

I don't have a problem with the black eye. I'm sure that it was a tough situation for LE, and especially with dogs involved he's lucky to only have that injury. I think the reference to police not being the ones to beat this guy up refers more to the many posts advocating violence against him. As unpalatable as it may be, he does have rights (many of them), and for police to intentionally inflict injury because of what he (allegedly) has done would be entirely inappropriate. Not saying that's what you were supporting, just saying I think that's more what that post was talking about.
I get it. I just don’t think it was intentional. I think it was more likely due to a struggle with the suspect resisting arrest. MOO

His black eye notwithstanding.... in the video snippet of the suspect being wheeled away he seemed to be grinning while the emt (?) was trying to turn his face forward.
Good to see an arrest; but he doesn't look fazed at all.
(Front page on the DailyMail. They're not the most trusted source but they do have good videos and photos.)

Poor Aniah ! :(
My thoughts are with her family right now.

Last edited:
My speculation for the reason that police didn't release a photo of the suspected perp is that they knew who they were looking for. It would not surprise me if fingerprints and/or blood (DNA) matching his was found in Aniah's SUV.

LE probably felt that this guy had a network of people who would hide him. Also, from his arrest record that I have seen, he appears to move from state to state pretty easily. Police probably thought that there was a better chance of catching him in the area if they didn't release his photo.

He has quite a rap sheet. I am shocked that he wasn't in prison for years because of it. I wonder if he is a paid informant. Why else would he be allowed to walk the streets with so many drug-related, robbery, attempted murder, kidnapping type charges that have been brought against him throughout the years.

While this guy thoroughly deserves a beating i don't think the police should be the ones to do it. I would prefer the police to remain professional at all times.

But with his extremely violent history towards LE, and the fact that he was resisting arrest who is to say that it didn't happen while trying to subdue him. He was running and we have no idea what happened.

I really hope that the Auburn PD will release more information - I have been trying very hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's looking more and more like they just completely messed up this investigation. I just hope nothing was compromised at the crime scene (aka the car).

While I understand your sentiments, keep in mind her stepfather does not need to be in trouble with the law over this. Being a professional fighter, his hands are considered weapons. JMO

Lol. No, they are not considered weapons. It’s 2019, dang near 2020, and people still perpetuate this?

- been in mma since it was NHB

It was interesting to me that so many agencies became involved in this so quickly. From my understanding, the US Marshalls become involved when they believe they're dealing with a fugitive, or possible fugitive, I may be wrong on that. I can download an app on my phone which allows me to match faces with photos, therefore, I don't feel it's far fetched notion that the FBI, Homeland Security, local police departments, US Marshalls, etc. have that capability, and IY is in the system. The last place Aniah was seen was in that gas station...that's the first place I'd go, and I'm not in Law Enforcement.

As for your second point, I'm not sure where you're going with that. Would you please elaborate on your point (may be too early for me to get it).

How accurate is your app? I doubt it's that accurate. Cops use facial recognition software often on high def clear pics, the amount of pixels matters. Furthermore, what would they have to search it against and why would they have done it so soon? They could use their crime db to search but I guess it depends on their level/amount of resources. But it is a good idea. Also for a while no one knew where the last place she was seen was. Technically we may not even know 100% for sure now. That may have been her last confirmed sighting but that took a while to get to...the "last confirmed sighting" at one point was with her father, then brother...

If you have a prepaid phone they may not have your records as they don't know who the phone belongs to, essentially like a burner phone

How accurate is your app? I doubt it's that accurate. Cops use facial recognition software often on high def clear pics, the amount of pixels matters. Furthermore, what would they have to search it against and why would they have done it so soon? They could use their crime db to search but I guess it depends on their level/amount of resources. But it is a good idea. Also for a while no one knew where the last place she was seen was. Technically we may not even know 100% for sure now. That may have been her last confirmed sighting but that took a while to get to...the "last confirmed sighting" at one point was with her father, then brother...

If you have a prepaid phone they may not have your records as they don't know who the phone belongs to, essentially like a burner phone

I'll chime in that Google Photos has a feature that does facial recognition. It is very, very good and is nearly always accurate. That being said, the quality of pictures that it recognizes are not nearly as bad as the store CC photos.

My speculation for the reason that police didn't release a photo of the suspected perp is that they knew who they were looking for. It would not surprise me if fingerprints and/or blood (DNA) matching his was found in Aniah's SUV.

LE probably felt that this guy had a network of people who would hide him. Also, from his arrest record that I have seen, he appears to move from state to state pretty easily. Police probably thought that there was a better chance of catching him in the area if they didn't release his photo.

He has quite a rap sheet. I am shocked that he wasn't in prison for years because of it. I wonder if he is a paid informant. Why else would he be allowed to walk the streets with so many drug-related, robbery, attempted murder, kidnapping type charges that have been brought against him throughout the years.

Okay but I still don't understand why when they put out his picture they said they need help in identifying him, was it just a strategy?

I have no idea why we are wasting our time talking about a black eye on this guy!!! Who cares ! His history alone is a risk to LE and if he is running and hiding from them and putting up a fight then good I wish they made the other eye match! I woke up this morning, saw the news of his arrest and wondered if Walt had gotten to him before the police. This guy is a mince to society. I noticed on one of his Facebook pages most of his friends that were women had a lot of lingerie pics and *advertiser censored* video ads. Basically all posts were referencing either sex, drugs, or violence. The loser can stay in jail... he definitely won’t be missed by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member