Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the interview Aniah’s mom & Walt did this morning, she said that the witness was at the gas station & the police only found them bc they located & talked to every single person they saw on surveillance at the gas station. They told the police after they found them & talked to them at that point. She said that person was absolutely terrified. But that’s the answer about where the witness saw everything. It was at the gas station.

I don't think there is any reason to believe the eyewitness is anything other than a scared person who happened to witness the abduction. Surely if they were involved in any sinister manner, the police would have figured that out by now.
I just don't understand what keeps you from at least calling in an anonymous tip. What takes two weeks? For days, people thought that she went missing possibly at a bar on the other side of town, in a dating app meetup gone wrong. Why not at least point the police in the right direction if you saw it happen?

This also indicates that the crime was committed at the Chevron, and was committed in front of witnesses. Why in the world would they do that? Not saying it didn't happen, it just makes no sense to me.

In the interview Aniah’s mom & Walt did this morning, she said that the witness was at the gas station & the police only found them bc they located & talked to every single person they saw on surveillance at the gas station. They told the police after they found them & talked to them at that point. She said that person was absolutely terrified. But that’s the answer about where the witness saw everything. It was at the gas station.
Still doesn’t make sense about his car being seen leaving the gas station...

A couple of things I have noticed:
1.) The picture of the driver's side of her car - A large light colored tree trunk can be seen through both front side windows. When I zoom in on that area, I don't see anything on the side windows obstructing the clarity of the tree trunk. (photo resolution issue?)
2.) The person on video seen exiting the store as AB entered. I turned the brightness up on my computer and this person's pants color appeared to have a blue tint. The pants on IY in picture released by LE did not. This may be just as issue with the images or digital processing, but it may not be IY exiting as AB entered.

I can't for the life of me understand how you could watch a young girl be forced into a car like that, and not call 911. It just baffles me, and it likely cost Aniah her life. Even if I thought the person doing it was scary, etc., I still would have reported it immediately. And I certainly would have reported it once I saw the news that the young girl was missing. Ugh!

Jail records show he was released at 5:02 p.m. Lee County (Alabama) District Court Judge Russell Bush issued a gag order Friday night that bars those involved with the case from discussing it with media, Auburn Police Division spokesman Lorenza Dorsey told CNN.
Aniah Blanchard: A man has been arrested in last month's disappearance of Alabama college student - CNN

I doubt Yazeed will get out on bond this time. My guess is that he will remain in jail until his trial.

I can't for the life of me understand how you could watch a young girl be forced into a car like that, and not call 911. It just baffles me, and it likely cost Aniah her life. Even if I thought the person doing it was scary, etc., I still would have reported it immediately. And I certainly would have reported it once I saw the news that the young girl was missing. Ugh!
Could be so many reasons. Could be this person is known by IY in some manner and they fear for their own life or their family/children. Could be this person is mentally disabled, or this person has their own set of legal troubles, or drug issues.

Very hard for us to imagine

This is really bothering me too. Only things I can think of to stop someone from reporting an abduction are 1) distrust police / fear of being accused 2) you know the perp and you are afraid of him

You’ll notice they didn’t say specifically where the witness saw her pushed into a vehicle. I think that IY saw her at the store and followed her (leaving the store in the white or silver Lincoln most likely as a passenger with his accomplice driving) then when she got to her apartment and opened her car door to get out he got out of his friend’ ride and pushed her all the way over into the passenger seat (which is what the witness saw but possibly it wasn’t caught on camera). This is someone with a long record... no way he’d take her at that gas station and several people not see it even at that time of night. I lived in Auburn for over 10 years and have been in this store too many times to count. It’s well lit and busy with lots of cameras. Police didn’t show the passenger side of the car past the window because of the blood and they don’t name specifics because they don’t want to give out that information. Sometimes I think it’s more about what they don’t say specifically than what they do.
This is exactly what I've been thinking, too. It makes so much more sense for this to have happened at her apartment complex than at the gas station. I even thought that maybe when she got home, she went around to the passenger side to get stuff out of the car, and that's when they attacked her. She had been traveling all day so she easily could have had things to bring inside.

Someone mentioned that the family has stated that the witness was at the Chevron, so maybe they did take her there. Or maybe the witness from the Chevron is an accomplice, and was at both places. It just makes no sense to me that they carjacked and abducted her at such a public, well-lit place known for having multiple security cameras. And I know we've been over it a thousand times, but I still can't make the Snapchat messages add up.

LE has said they believe the abduction took place at the Chevron. Skip to around 5:00 in the video.
WATCH: Auburn police hold press conference update on Aniah Blanchard case, arrest warrant issued

While i personally would have called 911 immediately, and possibly even tried to follow the suspect car from a distance. I can see how some people could be afraid to talk if for example the witness may live local to the chevron or visits the chevron regularly. The witness and yazeed may have crossed paths inside the chevron, made eye contact etc, yazeed may have noticed him observing the abduction and taken a mental note of what car he was driving and what he looked like, I could see how some people could be afraid to talk in fear of yazeed informing his people about a guy that drive such a car and gives a physical description. Some criminals will go to any length to stop a witness testifying.

I wonder if this witness is also the same person who observed IY leaving in a silver/grey town car.

Gag order issued in Blanchard Kidnapping case as suspect has first court appearance
"News 3 confirmed a Sunday afternoon initial court appearance was held for 30-year-old Ibraheem Yazeed at the Lee Co. Justice Center. News 3 can confirm Yazeed is being held without bond.

A local Montgomery TV station is reporting they were denied access to the Sunday proceeding. News 3 is reaching out to Judge Russell Bush’s office for comment on Sunday’s proceeding.

Despite gag orders, court proceedings are public unless they involve juveniles. Sometimes video and still cameras can be banned from a courtroom, however journalists and the public are allowed in and can typically take a pen and paper for notes.

A gag order can be used in an effort to control pretrial publicity during a highly publicized case in an effort to make sure a fair and impartial jury can be seated if the case goes to a jury trial."

The mom and stepdad were on Fox6 WBRC this morning. They said the witness was someone at the Chevron and did not come forward on their own. Police were interviewing everyone seen on video from the store and that was when the person admitted seeing the abduction. They said the person was very scared.
They also said IY is not giving up any information.
Interesting! Wonder why? Were they a friend, customer of IY’s or what?

I’m just thinking about how do they actually do this? How do they identify people that were in video? I guess through their transactions. Wow good work!

LE has said they believe the abduction took place at the Chevron. Skip to around 5:00 in the video.
WATCH: Auburn police hold press conference update on Aniah Blanchard case, arrest warrant issued
Thanks, I had missed that before. I just wish I understood what they were thinking. It's such a public place, and there were (apparently/maybe) witnesses. If you're okay with being on camera and committing a crime right there at the Chevron with witnesses around, why not just rob the gas station? Based on his history, I had been thinking this was a robbery gone wrong, but it's starting to feel like their interest was specifically with her. I just hate this case so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech