Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, but they should be intelligent enough to think about cameras. So imo it goes back to his lack of impulse control. He wants what he wants in that minute and doesn't think about the consequences.

YES! Huge impulse control. He is unpredictable. If you look through all the past situations involving his arrests for various crimes, this impulse control is very apparent. He drives erratically, drives onto grass and runs, gets into accidents, etc. His latest arrest he hid in the bushes and would not come out even though he knew LE knew where he was. None of the more significant crimes we know about seemed planned out at all. He is almost child-like in how he acts and responds to situations. Saying that does not absolve him of guilt, nor is it an excuse, but from what I have seen and read, those are just my observations.

If i saw a child and saw a tip line i would phone in .. But when it comes to adults....i would hesitate..i do not know if it is domestic..i do not want to be in spot lite. I do not want people ...trying to figure out who i am..because i know they will..i am probably local.....imoo

Wondering out loud...

So much I want to say but keep worrying I’m violating rules.

My list of reasons why someone might be afraid to come forward ... remember it was 11:20 at night.

1. They know Yazeed
  • He’s their dealer/supplier
  • He provides something illegal for them- prostitutes
  • They recognized him somehow (Former arrest)
2. They know his gang because he had something on that identified it? CN on necklace maybe?
3. They thought they were not needed because it was on video?
4. They are in legal trouble themselves
5. They are in the country illegally
6. They are afraid
  • Of being identified
  • They were not supposed to be where they were when they witnessed it and being involved means family/spouse/work problems because of that.
  • They were threatened before, during or after
7. they were young? Could that be?

That’s all I can think of. Except this...
105k did not cause them to come forward?????

what was the tip / reward amount when this witness was identified?

Edited formatting and clarified last sentence

Thank you for posting this! You said so eloquently exactly what I was thinking!!!

For most of these, I still don't understand why they didn't call in a tip anonymously. Can anyone confirm if Crime Stoppers works as advertised in terms of anonymity?

I am pretty sure that Crime Stoppers works with complete anonymity. A reference number is provided after the tip is given by the anonymous tipster.

I recall a case (though I can't recall which one) where the police were publicly requesting for a Crime Stoppers tipster to please contact Crime Stoppers again.
The tips can be provided online and if there is no phone number/email given, there is no way to contact a useful tipster.

I just can't wrap my mind around some components of the kidnapping, the timeline, the evidence, the video footage, etc.

I just don't understand a lot of it. I hope it's just because I'm not in Law Enforcement...

Angela Harris knew seeing the man charged with kidnapping her missing daughter in court would be difficult. But the mother of Aniah Blanchard was more concerned about her husband, Walt Harris, than she was for herself.

“Him being her daddy and just knowing that he could get to him and physically hurt him,” Angela said, “I had to tell him to take big, deep breaths, and he was. He just kept taking big, deep breaths, but I thought at any second he was going to jump for him.”

Walt, a heavyweight UFC fighter listed at 6-foot-5 and 258 pounds, said seeing Ibraheem Yazeed in court was “a lot," saying the only reason he didn’t actively respond is because it would would hurt Aniah’s situation.

“You could see the evil on his guy,” Walt said. "It’s hard to put into words what you’re feeling in that moment other than rage. You just want to make him feel our pain and understand how hard this has been and what you’re doing to a family. It’s not just us but multiple families.

Angela and Walt say Yazeed has not provided any information to law enforcement since being taken into custody.

“We have him - we have his physical body, but he’s not talking,” Walt said.

Angela says she’s praying Yazeed has a change of heart and decides to provide any information he knows.

“God can change peoples’ hearts, and that’s what I’m praying for. That he’ll have a change of heart and, you know, he’ll understand what he’s doing is wrong and what he’s been doing in his life is wrong. And he has a child, so I hope he’ll start feeling some remorse and change his mind.”

I am pretty sure that Crime Stoppers works with complete anonymity. A reference number is provided after the tip is given by the anonymous tipster.

I recall a case (though I can't recall which one) where the police were publicly requesting for a Crime Stoppers tipster to please contact Crime Stoppers again.
The tips can be provided online and if there is no phone number/email given, there is no way to contact a useful tipster.
But even giving a tip anonymously runs a risk if IY knows who you are/saw you at the scene. If you give the tip then IY can assume it was you based on who knew the info to be able to give a tip. He can retaliate or have his compadres retaliate against you or your family. You never know until you are put in that situation. I can say what I would do of course, but we don’t know the situation this person was put in or what they have going on in their own life.

Here’s one hypothetical example I can think of that would make me very hesitant to call in even anonymously, although I feel I would call 911 still, others may not:

I’m at the chevron with my children and make eye contact with IY inside the store. He sees my kids. I witness him force Aniah into the car and I also see other people with IY helping him. So this group of thugs knows what I look like, has seen my children and knows my car (possible took note of my liscense plate, who knows). Sure IY is in custody now but not those accomplices.

Angela Harris knew seeing the man charged with kidnapping her missing daughter in court would be difficult. But the mother of Aniah Blanchard was more concerned about her husband, Walt Harris, than she was for herself.

“Him being her daddy and just knowing that he could get to him and physically hurt him,” Angela said, “I had to tell him to take big, deep breaths, and he was. He just kept taking big, deep breaths, but I thought at any second he was going to jump for him.”

Walt, a heavyweight UFC fighter listed at 6-foot-5 and 258 pounds, said seeing Ibraheem Yazeed in court was “a lot," saying the only reason he didn’t actively respond is because it would would hurt Aniah’s situation.

“You could see the evil on his guy,” Walt said. "It’s hard to put into words what you’re feeling in that moment other than rage. You just want to make him feel our pain and understand how hard this has been and what you’re doing to a family. It’s not just us but multiple families.

Angela and Walt say Yazeed has not provided any information to law enforcement since being taken into custody.

“We have him - we have his physical body, but he’s not talking,” Walt said.

Angela says she’s praying Yazeed has a change of heart and decides to provide any information he knows.

“God can change peoples’ hearts, and that’s what I’m praying for. That he’ll have a change of heart and, you know, he’ll understand what he’s doing is wrong and what he’s been doing in his life is wrong. And he has a child, so I hope he’ll start feeling some remorse and change his mind.”
I’ve come to just admire this couple immensely. They are so strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member