Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remains believed to be missing student Aniah Blanchard found, DA says
MACON COUNTY, Ala. (WSFA) - Skeletal remains have been found in Macon County, confirmed the Alabama State Bureau of Investigation.

Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes said they have good reason to believe the remains are of missing 19-year-old Lee County college student Aniah Blanchard.

[LIVE VIDEO: WSFA 12 NEWS COVERAGE]

Macon County is between Auburn, where Blanchard was last seen, and Montgomery, where her vehicle was found abandoned with her blood inside. Nearly a dozen agencies have been involved in the search for her. The searches were focused in Auburn, Montgomery and the nearly 60 miles in between the two cities.
Did we know if they told where she was located or did Tim find her? I hope they told. My guess is on AF taking,first.

Remains believed to be missing student Aniah Blanchard found, DA says
MACON COUNTY, Ala. (WSFA) - Skeletal remains have been found in Macon County, confirmed the Alabama State Bureau of Investigation.

Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes said they have good reason to believe the remains are of missing 19-year-old Lee County college student Aniah Blanchard.

[LIVE VIDEO: WSFA 12 NEWS COVERAGE]

Macon County is between Auburn, where Blanchard was last seen, and Montgomery, where her vehicle was found abandoned with her blood inside. Nearly a dozen agencies have been involved in the search for her. The searches were focused in Auburn, Montgomery and the nearly 60 miles in between the two cities.
Did we know if they told where she was located or did Tim find her? I hope they told. My guess is on AF taking,first.
So sorry for this Angel. I am glad she can finally be laid to rest. May her killer or killers rot in hell.

I feel like I remember that, too, because I recall thinking that it made a lot of sense, based on location and how there's not a whole lot of traffic outside of the gas station right there.

I’m 100% sure someone pointed that out because I remember the map was posted on here and the person talked about it being shorter and they talked about backroads. I’m pretty certain it was a local resident too.

Great job by the searchers if they did that without a tip
I’m 100% sure someone pointed that out because I remember the map was posted on here and the person talked about it being shorter and they talked about backroads. I’m pretty certain it was a local resident too.
Can you post what route you think they took?

Precisely my opinion as well. My point was that all too often criminals come from poor economic circumstances, sometimes (not necessarily in this case) those circumstances cause them to commit crimes for food, clothing, to pay bills, or simply because they hate being without what others have. In prison, albeit different depending on where you are, they do have food, medical care, and a roof over their head and sometimes those things are not available to all parts of society outside of prison. If prison scared people into doing right, there wouldn’t be near as much wrong IMO.
Unfortunately, I'm for California. Prison reform has unleashed hoards of criminals back on the streets. I have observed property crimes in my neighborhood increase drastically. Possession of cocaine, heroin and meth, if for personal consumption are misdemeanors and maximum sentence is 1 year in the county jail. Most misdemeanors are released under thirty days due to overcrowding of the county jail. You are right if there are no consequences for criminal behavior, crime will continue.

Wow, I had a feeling that this was the outcome but I don't know I had a little hope. So sad man, at least they have closure. And Aniah and her mom have the same birthday, now she can never enjoy it again. This is the first time I followed a case so closely, it hurts man. I can't imagine what her family is going through.

That area is also where two bodies were located in a recent unsolved murder case out of Montgomery. Bodies of missing Montgomery rapper Bambino Gold, cousin found
Wow. That's interesting. I wonder how far away AB was from where these bodies were located. Criminals oftentimes return to familiar places.

At this point, I'm thinking that AF was not there for the kidnapping and murder. He was called after the fact. He was probably threatened with being charged with kidnapping and murder if he didn't talk. I know that I would talk. I would rather be charged with accessary after the fact or helping dispose of evidence than the actual crimes if I were not a participant.

Can someone local post the route that they believe that IY took from the Chevron gas station to where they found AB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025