Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People on Youtube mentioned that exact area too. Very eery
They did mention dogs. But I’m not even sure if they race dogs there anymore. They said barking dogs. So, if they do in fact still race dogs there then there would be dogs barking but if not, then idk where the barking would have been coming from.

Dhighsmith said:
For those in Auburn area, there’s mention of road work on I-85, does it include concrete barricades? From pictures of damage to right side door panel and wheel fender, the white residue and location could match up to a barricade.
It does indeed include concrete barriers that are placed very very close to the outside lines on the right hand side on the lane traveling south toward Montgomery. They are rebuilding several older bridges that were already too narrow and are now worse until construction is complete. I drove that direction today. If you are local, check out the barriers on the bridge right before mile marker 25 and the Shorter exit. Someone has plowed into the side of that one several times. It would definitely cause damage similar to what we see in the vehicle pictures.

Sorry that I copy pasted this comment....but someone brought up that area.
I did bring up that the temporary barrier used at the construction right passed exit 26 (shorter is exit 22) would be the only one tall enough to do damage to around the tire all the way up to the mirror.

My first thought was if they are releasing it’s likely her so quickly, her clothing was probably found on the remains. That gives me some hope she wasn’t raped. I hate thinking like this, but all these years here have hardened me to the depths of evil in some people.

Body believed to be that of Aniah Blanchard is found in Alabama | Daily Mail Online

Human remains believed to be those of UFC heavyweight fighter's missing stepdaughter Aniah Blanchard, 19, were discovered this morning in Alabama.

The body was found on Monday in Macon County, more than a month after Blanchard was last seen alive at a convenience store in Auburn.

'I can confirm that human remains have been found and we have good reason to suspect they are that of Aniah Blanchard,' said District Attorney Brandon Hughes to News 3.

Will a COD be able to be determined since it's been a month? I noticed news reporters said skeletal remains so I imagine any defensive wounds or other evidence on her body may be long gone by now. I hope her family remains strong, especially her mother, I can't imagine having to bury 2 children.

My first thought was if they are releasing it’s likely her so quickly, her clothing was probably found on the remains. That gives me some hope she wasn’t raped. I hate thinking like this, but all these years here have hardened me to the depths of evil in some people.

IMO I agree too that clothing left is giving LE an identification at this point. Processing DNA evidence on the remains would take some time and likely not available at this moment.

Google Maps
City of Auburn News
"Nov. 25, 2019- UPDATE:
During the course of the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Aniah Blanchard, investigators obtained information regarding the possible location of a body. On November 25, 2019, at approximately 10:45 a.m., Auburn Police, along with members of the Task Force, Lee County DA’s Office, U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force, ALEA and Montgomery County Sheriff Office, responded to a wooded area in the 38,000 block of County Road 2 in Shorter, Alabama.

After a brief search by Investigators they located what appeared to be human remains several feet into the woodline. A complete investigation is underway by ALEA and Auburn Police to determine the identity and how the victim came to be at that location. The examination will explore if the remains are those of Aniah Blanchard who went missing on October 24, 2019.

The case remains under investigation by the Auburn Police Division."

Last edited:
I can’t get the link to share on the google earth app - but this appears to be the location. You can see the coordinates at the bottom.
I can’t get the link to share on the google earth app - but this appears to be the location. You can see the coordinates at the bottom.
I'd that near Webster's funeral home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member