Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Third suspect arrested in connection to Aniah Blanchard’s disappearance

"Lee County D.A. Brandon Hughes has confirmed that David Johnson, Jr. was arrested in Montgomery. He is being charged with hindering prosecution.

Johnson is believed to have been the person who drove Ibraheem Yazeed to Florida after Aniah’s abduction, where he was eventually arrested."

Why did they kill her? I thought the theory was trafficking

My guess is they did it for money seeing as they both have criminal records that wouldn’t allow them to have a decent job to make a living. Both of them have robberies under their rap sheet where they took things not even worth it. She fought back so they killed her. imo, I feel like she wasn’t dead when they dropped her off at that location. She was probably drifting in and out of consciousness from loss of blood and too weak to do anything which eventually led to her dying due to the loss of blood.

Thats my theory based on IY riding around with the 77 y/o nearly dead from his last known attempted murder before this one.

City of Auburn News
"Nov. 25, 2019- UPDATE:
During the course of the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Aniah Blanchard, investigators obtained information regarding the possible location of a body. On November 25, 2019, at approximately 10:45 a.m., Auburn Police, along with members of the Task Force, Lee County DA’s Office, U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force, ALEA and Montgomery County Sheriff Office, responded to a wooded area in the 38,000 block of County Road 2 in Shorter, Alabama.

After a brief search by Investigators they located what appeared to be human remains several feet into the woodline. A complete investigation is underway by ALEA and Auburn Police to determine the identity and how the victim came to be at that location. The examination will explore if the remains are those of Aniah Blanchard who went missing on October 24, 2019.

The case remains under investigation by the Auburn Police Division."
I bet that second guy talked. He’s got a wife & a family. I bet you he made a deal for the location of the body. IMO.

City of Auburn News
"Nov. 25, 2019- UPDATE:
During the course of the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Aniah Blanchard, investigators obtained information regarding the possible location of a body. On November 25, 2019, at approximately 10:45 a.m., Auburn Police, along with members of the Task Force, Lee County DA’s Office, U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force, ALEA and Montgomery County Sheriff Office, responded to a wooded area in the 38,000 block of County Road 2 in Shorter, Alabama.

After a brief search by Investigators they located what appeared to be human remains several feet into the woodline. A complete investigation is underway by ALEA and Auburn Police to determine the identity and how the victim came to be at that location. The examination will explore if the remains are those of Aniah Blanchard who went missing on October 24, 2019.

The case remains under investigation by the Auburn Police Division."

suspect(s) most have given location

I knew she was in the Tuskegee forest I just haven't talked about it. It was the most logical site.
It was not said, she was found in Shorter, you would take the Shorter exit off the highway.

Shorter is not in the Tuskegee National Forest. It is about 20 minutes from downtown Montgomery. It's about 30 minutes away from Tuskegee National Forest.

Shorter, AL - Shorter, Alabama Map & Directions - MapQuest[/QUOTE]

Will a COD be able to be determined since it's been a month? I noticed news reporters said skeletal remains so I imagine any defensive wounds or other evidence on her body may be long gone by now. I hope her family remains strong, especially her mother, I can't imagine having to bury 2 children.

I think it depends on how she was killed. Sometimes it is possible.

I feel just awful for her family.

So weird that the Rapper Bambino Gold and his cousin were driving a 2016 CRV the day they went missing. There bodies were found in separate locations on County Road 13 and Hwy 80.
An alternate explanation could be that AF told them where to find the body; and that's how they know that it is AB.

I still don't understand what happened during that hour if the 2nd suspect lived in Montgomery as well? I was thinking maybe IY went to get him but that doesn't make a lot of sense unless he was already in Auburn too. It seems like they may have took her to that location on the way back to Montgomery but it doesn't explain that hour at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth