Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's weird. It wasn't like media reports just made that up.. it was the detective at IY's hearing who said it. I wonder what they think he did now.

Is it possible that David, Sr. was the one to drive him to Florida? He talked to police which led to the arrests of his son, Dave, Jr. and son-in-law, AF? In the hearing, Jr. was never mentioned, they only said David Johnson. MOO

Edit... phone formatting problems.
Aniah Blanchard’s body may have been found; 3rd person charged in case

"Hughes also confirmed that a man named David Johnson Jr. was arrested in Montgomery on a charge of hindering prosecution. Though media reports said Johnson drove Yazeed to Florida- where he was ultimately arrested - Hughes said that was not the case." [Italics added]

???
that’s crazy. The media didn’t just report it they said it in court. I guess there’s more info needed. So who drove him to Florida?

Any ideas on how they determined Fisher was involved?
I am guessing he was the one that told them where she was.
My WAG is that someone else who is in trouble knows what happened and is hoping for a deal, or there is a paid snitch that runs in their circle and has told LE what he or she knows.

I also guess that AF told the location of the body to avoid being charged with the kidnap and murder. I speculate that he was involved with helping after the crime was committed.

Last edited:
My WAG is that someone else who is in trouble or someone who runs in their circle is a paid snitch is the person ratting on them.

I also guess that AF told the location of the body to avoid being charged with the kidnap and murder. I speculate that he was involved with helping after the crime was committed.
I think so too, although the charge is confusing. First degree kidnapping, to me, indicates that he was there and had something to do with her actual kidnapping, not just helping to move/hide a body or dispose of evidence. The charge against Dave Johnson (hindering prosecution) would seem more appropriate for that. Not a lawyer, though.

Will a COD be able to be determined since it's been a month? I noticed news reporters said skeletal remains so I imagine any defensive wounds or other evidence on her body may be long gone by now. I hope her family remains strong, especially her mother, I can't imagine having to bury 2 children.

Her fingernails are likely still nearby and could still have dna on them.

the three major causes of death that would leave a significant amount of blood are likely to be obvious: shooting, blunt force trauma or stabbing usually leave distinguishing marks on bones.

other COD are a maybe, but wouldn’t leave any/a large amount of blood:
Strangulation-could break hyoid bone
Drug or chemical overdose-depends on what tissues remain but I’d guess there is still something to test
Asphyxiation-depends on state of remains

Sorry, screenshots are giving me a hard time today - hopefully this works. That light colored area just looked odd to me, couldn't tell what it was. May not matter if she was found close to the tree line off the road, but just curious.
I think a quarry of some sort. I think there are two between Auburn and Montgomery. Could have been likely locations.

From Montgomery interactive crime map, there was a "Vehicle Break-In / Theft" reported at 6100 BLOCK BOARDWALK BLVD on 10-24-2019 @ 1:30 PM (incident no. 2019-00206043). Aniah's car was found on 10/25 @ 6:15 PM at the same location description. I wonder if LE has reviewed that incident to see if the officers involved have positive knowledge whether Aniah's car was there or not, or maybe photographs show the spot where her car was found.
CrimeMapping.com - Helping You Build a Safer Community
I replied to this post when I saw it but admittedly have not been able to catch up and read any other responses to it. This would be very interesting to me to know. If it all her car was there when they went out for this call. Who knows if they even go out for the call or if they just take it over the phone. I hope someone digs deeps and asks that question of investigators.

it could definitely help identify what happened to her and when.

My first thought was if they are releasing it’s likely her so quickly, her clothing was probably found on the remains. That gives me some hope she wasn’t raped. I hate thinking like this, but all these years here have hardened me to the depths of evil in some people.
Does she have any tattoos? Can’t recall if any were mentioned in initial missing posters.

I noticed news reporters said skeletal remains so I imagine any defensive wounds or other evidence on her body may be long gone by now.
bbm
News reporters often take liberties with the details. The police statement did not say skeletal remains. It said human remains.

Do either of the two suspects live at those apartments? or know someone who does? do we know?
Someone on WS found a police record in FL, where IY was arrested along with someone who appeared to live in those apartments (where Aniah’s car was found). Thought I had saved it, but can’t find it now. So...MOO.

I bet that second guy talked. He’s got a wife & a family. I bet you he made a deal for the location of the body. IMO.
I suspect that’s what happened in his prior capital murder case too. The other guy pulled the trigger and AF snitched.

Well that's weird. It wasn't like media reports just made that up.. it was the detective at IY's hearing who said it. I wonder what they think he did now.
I’m guessing Sr. was the one who drove IY to FL.

I know everyone always says “it’s not sex trafficking”, but I am really starting to think this entire thing is linked to sex trafficking. I agree that most cases aren’t, but this one feels like it just might be. I hope that this entire gang is taken down.

I know everyone always says “it’s not sex trafficking”, but I am really starting to think this entire thing is linked to sex trafficking. I agree that most cases aren’t, but this one feels like it just might be. I hope that this entire gang is taken down.

I've got that feeling too. Something changed their course - but this actually seems to be a growing circle of something that may actually be a"sophisticated" operation.

As one of our high profile retired detectives here says about missing children "The worst thing is not finding a body, the worst thing is never finding a body"

Rest peacefully, Aniah. Justice is coming.

Totally agree. I think this is linked to something bigger than just this crime. Possibly linked to someone with resources to get IY out of his previous crimes.

I found additional records for his Florida arrest in June 2017. The date is off by 10 days so I’m not sure if this is separate or same.

Supervised Population Information Detail

It also lists an address for him in Montgomery of
326 CULLMAN ST
MONTGOMERY, AL 36104
Google Maps

And a mugshot we’ve not seen before.
upload_2019-11-16_0-45-40-jpeg.215446

So far we know he committed crimes in Florida, Alabama, Kansas and was arrested in Missouri.
Does she have any tattoos? Can’t recall if any were mentioned in initial missing posters.

bbm
News reporters often take liberties with the details. The police statement did not say skeletal remains. It said human remains.

Someone on WS found a police record in FL, where IY was arrested along with someone who appeared to live in those apartments (where Aniah’s car was found). Thought I had saved it, but can’t find it now. So...MOO.

I suspect that’s what happened in his prior capital murder case too. The other guy pulled the trigger and AF snitched.

I’m guessing Sr. was the one who drove IY to FL.
Yes, that was me. The persons name arrested with him then, did have a prior address at those apartments. Hope that’s ok to say.

I could search thread and link the arrest.

honestly, I still don’t understand why that one has not been included or mentioned.

linking my posts:
Edited— if you go to my prior post with the arrow in this post you will see the attachments.

I think so too, although the charge is confusing. First degree kidnapping, to me, indicates that he was there and had something to do with her actual kidnapping, not just helping to move/hide a body or dispose of evidence. The charge against Dave Johnson (hindering prosecution) would seem more appropriate for that. Not a lawyer, though.
I'm not a lawyer, either. However, let's say a snitch tells police a story whereby IY kidnaps the girl and then calls AF for help. AF leaves to help him. Police don't have the body and don't have a first-hand story from either of the two perps. AB is still kidnapped. Both are still involved. AB is still being held against her will. Police don't know if she is alive or dead, at this point.

Police probably laid it out point blank to AF and told him that if he wasn't involved in the kidnap and murder that he better start talking and he better tell where the body is located. AF probably isn't involved in the kidnap and murder. So, he decided to talk. It wouldn't surprise me if his charges change at a later date.

Like I said, this is all speculation; and the only law that I know is from what I learn off of Judge Judy and People's Court. ;) So, time will tell how it all plays out.

It is just really tragic that these animals were still on the street and in a position to kidnap and murder an innocent girl from a public place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth