Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please stop speculating about a sexual assault? IY’s been charged with kidnapping and capital murder. What purpose does it serve to speculate about something for which he has not been charged? Honestly, I’m starting to feel like people are wishing a sexual assault against Aniah. I know that’s not true, but all the speculation is making me sick.
Hughes declined to say when Blanchard was actually shot to death, nor would he discuss whether Blanchard was a crime of opportunity and what the suspect’s ultimate motive may have been.
Capital murder charge filed in Aniah Blanchard’s shooting death
I agree. We have absolutely no idea what his motive was. And what’s been eating at me is why was he in Auburn? If his motive was to kidnap and assault then murder a beautiful young college girl he could have done that in Montgomery. And why did her mom and stepfather have reason to believe she may have been set up? Could IY have known exactly who AB was and sent on a mission to grab her for ransom?
I’m haunted by the heartbreaking words of her step father. It all just doesn’t make sense. IMO
“Right now nothing makes sense and I'm so lost. I just want you back.”
UFC fighter Walt Harris writes an emotional tribute after stepdaughter Aniah Blanchard is found dead - CNN

I think the evidence that AF disposed of was the gun. (Maybe her body) I am sorry for her suffering at the hands of this evil, I am proud she will be the reason this evil is off the streets. ( I hope he gets the death penelty, all due to Aniah) Flying high in heaven.
I think the evidence was probably her body, although there was quite a bit more that probably needed to be gotten rid of. Gun, her cell phone, that Vans jacket, her car keys, any other clothing he was wearing with her blood on it, any of her clothing that wasn't left with her. They obviously should have done a better job of getting rid of her car.

I wonder if AF or IY actually destroyed the gun (that would actually be kind of hard to do without some planning), or if he just dumped it somewhere and has turned it over or told LE where to find it.

And what’s been eating at me is why was he in Auburn?

I agree. An article cited in an earlier thread mentioned (in the detective's court testimony, I believe), that IY was "frequently" at both the Clarion Inn in Auburn and the adjacent Chevron station/convenience store. I am hoping that the "why" will come out during the trial.

I agree. An article cited in an earlier thread mentioned (in the detective's court testimony, I believe), that IY was "frequently" at both the Clarion Inn in Auburn and the adjacent Chevron station/convenience store. I am hoping that the "why" will come out during the trial.
I guess the other question I have is if this was a crime of opportunity why did at least 3 other people help him after the fact?

I guess the other question I have is if this was a crime of opportunity why did at least 3 other people help him after the fact?

I would suggest that this is the lifestyle and the way they roll. It is not a big deal to call up your backup to at least help clean it all up. Maybe they participated? I hope we can find out what really happened at trial as we have in other cases.

In the Kingston Frazier murder case rumors swirled locally about it being premeditated due to family member of 6 year old Kingston's being in opposition to local gangs. That family member (great uncle) was soon after found decapitated, so you can imagine what all that set off. It was made worse due to the fact that the first two defendants plead guilty and had no trial. The last defendant went to trial just this past October and the details, if you believe the testimony, came out. Testimony revealed that they were out looking to buy drugs, came across the mom's car idling in the grocery store parking lot, and the one couldn't resist stealing the car. So much so that he jumped out before they could stop him. Anyway, it all went downhill from there and even after they knew that he had murdered that child they went back to nearby the crime scene to pick him up. They were all convicted.

There's still the other car....that grey/silver car

IY needed transport to get there....so who drove the other car to wherever? Knowing IY was upto no good?
From the detective's testimony at IY's preliminary hearing, I got the impression that car may not have been involved at all. Refer to his comment about psychics (unsubstantiated witness statements or tips). It was also stated that IY was brought to Auburn in his father's red Chrysler van.

I think I missed something. Who drove IY to Florida DJ II or DJ 3rd? I have heard both, can I get some clarification please.
I posted this earlier in this thread. DJIII is the one who drove IY to Florida...

IMO this explains all the confusion in the prior thread about David Johnson Jr/Sr/III...
Man lied about son driving Aniah Blanchard suspect to Florida, records state

Investigators made contact with Johnson, who records state is the father of David Lee Johnson III, an “associate” of Yazeed. The elder Johnson told lawmen he had seen Yazeed earlier in the day but said he had left the residence with an unidentified female.

The younger Johnson was interviewed in the early-morning hours of Nov. 8 where he provided a written statement admitting to knowing that Yazeed was wanted by police and driving him to Pensacola. He also told investigators his father knew Yazeed was wanted and saw him leave with Yazeed in his car.

On Nov. 10, authorities went back to the elder Johnson’s home and he admitted to knowing the first time they questioned him that Yazeed was wanted and that he saw Yazeed leave with his son.

Court records don’t reflect any charges against the younger Johnson. The elder Johnson has since been released from the Montgomery County Jail on $7,500 bond.

Per media articles cited earlier, when DJ Jr. (the father) was arrested, the district attorney said he was NOT the one who drove IY to Florida. He was charged with hindering prosecution by giving false information. The detective's testimony as reported from one of the hearings was that "Dave Johnson" drove IY to Florida. But DJIII is not charged with anything, and further arrests are not expected. So it would appear that the Dave Johnson who drove IY to Florida was DJIII, who seems to be cooperating with investigators, per media reports.
Thank you for clarifying. from earlier articles I assumed DJ II was the one that drove him to Florida. If DJ III transported him to Florida, why is he not being charged, if he knew he was wanted by the police?

if this is an actual law it is beyond idiotic
I posted last night with the article that explains it. I’m at work but if I get time I’ll reply again with it. But if you happen to scroll back a little it’s a WTVY article & they explain it much better than me lol I think he ended up with 5 counts.

MOO, pure speculation, but I'm thinking Auburn LE wants to make sure IY gets what he deserves and doesn't want to complicate things too much. I expect Fisher will be prosecuted separately and the broader issues will be addressed later and maybe by other LE.
I don't think LE can let all of this fall between the cracks. They need to make a public show of eliminating this gang at least.

Wow first time seeing, she died from a gunshot wound, but in the article it still says he pushed her in his car. Which is wrong right?
Every local article I’ve read & the way I heard it in the preliminary hearing was he pushed her into her car & walked to the gas station from the hotel. Someone correct me if they gathered something different.

AB only wanted her nightly snack I can’t believe we are here because of this ..

We have another AB that only wanted to go to work ... at a freakkn Naval Base ...

19 !! both !! It’s so unfair ..
I agree. I feel the justice system in this country has let down the victims and sided with the guilty.

Court and chargesYazeed faces the charge of capital murder, which in this case is the intentional murder during a kidnapping, according to Hughes.

“He’ll be served an arrest warrant for capital murder. At that time he’ll have to have another, what we call 48/72, or a first-appearance hearing,” Hughes said. “He will also have the opportunity for another preliminary hearing on this matter, but those are decisions that he’ll have to make with his lawyer.”

Yazeed is represented by court-appointed attorney Elijah Beaver.

Yazeed is also due in Montgomery County court Thursday. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing at 8:30 a.m. in reference to his February first-degree kidnapping and attempted murder charges, according to court records.

Fisher is set to appear in Lee County court at 9 a.m. Dec. 18 for a preliminary hearing.

A gag-order hearing is scheduled for Wednesday. A motion to lift the gag order filed by members of the media, including the Opelika-Auburn News, will be heard in the case of both Yazeed and Fisher.
Suspect in Aniah Blanchard's death charged with capital murder, death penalty sought

ETA @Niner for your notes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members