Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
... Also, I thought I remembered that the car was pinged in the turning lane to get on the interstate 85 on ramp...does anyone else remember that? I was mentioning it bc I feel like that would rule out the two gas stations on the other side of the interstate. Leaving pretty much two options **depending on the time stamp on footage** either the Walmart gas station or the one on Harmon.
From this video LE says "in the area of South College Street and I-85 in Auburn."
MISSING TEEN: Auburn police need your help locating missing teen
Another video from LE (@~2:03) "...her vehicle was observer on traffic camera, just, heading near the interstate and South College St. in Auburn, and that was about 12:30 or so ..."
2nd affidavit: "... traveling south on S College St towards the interstate."

Some people have used the phrase "license plate pinged off a traffic light." I don't know the technology so I don't know what that means.
[edited for clarity]

Last edited:
We can agree on that for sure. I was being pedantic :). Technically, the blood could have simply been on clothing found in the console, for example.
I was just pointing out, I got a wild hair the other day & looked up the legal definition of “passenger compartment” bc I thought it was odd that they called it that, & it said any area designed for seating...I just thought that was interesting that it could have been any or all seats going by the legal definition.
The "forcing" statement is still present in the murder while kidnapping warrant. It says "interacting" in the murder while in vehicle warrant. Not sure why they are different, but both are valid because both are required.
I will defer to your knowledge of the area regarding the cameras. I was being a bit pedantic.
I thought on the affidavit for just the kidnapping charge that they had when he first got arrested in FL had the forcing language. Then when they had the affidavit for the capital murder the other day, that language was changed to interacting. I’m just wondering if there is one I haven’t seen...
As far as the cameras go, you can look at google street view & see what you think as well...but the one on Harmon has a line of small trees/tall shrubs behind the gas pumps between the edge of the parking lot & the street. I feel like it would be hard to see. Hell I know the manager of the store I could just go by & ask hahaha. Kidding but he could have maybe pulled into Krystals right there but even then I feel like it would be hard to see. Depends on camera location. I def don’t think he stopped on south college to move her or anything or that the car wrecked on south college. It’s busy all the time all hours of the night...someone would have seen that & would def have called the cops. That’s just my take on the location tho...

From this video LE says "in the area of South College Street and I-85 in Auburn."
MISSING TEEN: Auburn police need your help locating missing teen
Another video from LE (2~2:03) "...her vehicle was observer on traffic camera, just, heading near the interstate and South College St. in Auburn, and that was about 12:30 or so ..."
2nd affidavit: "... traveling south on S College St towards the interstate."
Some people have used the phrase "license plate pinged off a traffic light." I don't know the technology so I know if what that means.
Thanks for pulling that...I couldn’t remember. The technology is probably going to be a red light camera. Takes a photo if it sees someone running a red light...sends a ticket to whoever the car is registered to.

I was just pointing out, I got a wild hair the other day & looked up the legal definition of “passenger compartment” bc I thought it was odd that they called it that, & it said any area designed for seating...I just thought that was interesting that it could have been any or all seats going by the legal definition.

I thought on the affidavit for just the kidnapping charge that they had when he first got arrested in FL had the forcing language. Then when they had the affidavit for the capital murder the other day, that language was changed to interacting. I’m just wondering if there is one I haven’t seen...
As far as the cameras go, you can look at google street view & see what you think as well...but the one on Harmon has a line of small trees/tall shrubs behind the gas pumps between the edge of the parking lot & the street. I feel like it would be hard to see. Hell I know the manager of the store I could just go by & ask hahaha. Kidding but he could have maybe pulled into Krystals right there but even then I feel like it would be hard to see. Depends on camera location. I def don’t think he stopped on south college to move her or anything or that the car wrecked on south college. It’s busy all the time all hours of the night...someone would have seen that & would def have called the cops. That’s just my take on the location tho...
There are two separate murder charges, one warrant for each with a probable cause section. Both signed on 12/4. The murder/kidnapping has the "forced" statement, and the murder in a vehicle warrant has "interacting"

EDIT: Actually, you are correct. I was looking at a pdf that had both warrants. They were not both signed 12/4. The vehicle one was signed 12/4 and the kidnapping on 12/2. I found an updated pdf of the kidnapping/murder warrant signed on 12/4. So it was in fact changed, as you stated. Strange.

Last edited:
Interesting theories!

Has anyone heard "when" IY's next court hearing is?
For the 12/4 hearing re gag order - I have these notes:
12/4/19: Yazeed is now charged with 2 counts of capital murder (kidnapping & use of a deadly weapon while victim inside a vehicle). The DA will seek DP. No ruling on gag order yet. The Judge took it under advisement & should have decision in a couple of days.

and on his 12/5 hearing re the Montgomery County case - my notes say:

12/5/19 Update: Due in court for bond hearing in reference to the January 2019 of 1st kidnapping & attempted murder charges. Preston Presley did not oppose the judge’s order for bond revocation, reserving the option to revisit the issue if the counts in Lee County were dropped. The Montgomery case is currently bound over for grand jury consideration.

Anyone seen anything for the murder charge? I can only access the Alabama court site where it shows up coming hearings for about 5 days forward. Is there another site that you can actually "see" his information? TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-133.gif

And for AF, his next hearing is a preliminary one on 12/18.

Still nothing on DJ,jr.....

Interesting theories!

Has anyone heard "when" IY's next court hearing is?
For the 12/4 hearing re gag order - I have these notes:
12/4/19: Yazeed is now charged with 2 counts of capital murder (kidnapping & use of a deadly weapon while victim inside a vehicle). The DA will seek DP. No ruling on gag order yet. The Judge took it under advisement & should have decision in a couple of days.

and on his 12/5 hearing re the Montgomery County case - my notes say:

12/5/19 Update: Due in court for bond hearing in reference to the January 2019 of 1st kidnapping & attempted murder charges. Preston Presley did not oppose the judge’s order for bond revocation, reserving the option to revisit the issue if the counts in Lee County were dropped. The Montgomery case is currently bound over for grand jury consideration.

Anyone seen anything for the murder charge? I can only access the Alabama court site where it shows up coming hearings for about 5 days forward. Is there another site that you can actually "see" his information? TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-133.gif

And for AF, his next hearing is a preliminary one on 12/18.

Still nothing on DJ,jr.....
I think for IY we are waiting for a grand jury indictment unless he and his attorney requests a preliminary hearing. I haven’t seen anywhere that they have done that yet. Anyone know when the grand jury convenes in Lee County?

As far as AF, I am anxiously awaiting that 12/18 hearing. Interested to know what they have in his affidavit for 1st degree kidnapping, why he is believed to be a danger to the community if released, if they will drop the felony first degree kidnapping charge, or if anything from this hearing will even be made available.

@Momof4RN - I believe the Montgomery County case is going to the grand jury per my notes, unless I read the article wrong.
The Lee County case just heard was just for the gag order placed on that. And he got charged for the murder. No further date that I could see.

But thank you for your post! :)

@Momof4RN - I believe the Montgomery County case is going to the grand jury per my notes, unless I read the article wrong.
The Lee County case just heard was just for the gag order placed on that. And he got charged for the murder. No further date that I could see.

But thank you for your post! :)
Bush found probable cause to send Yazeed’s case to the grand jury. He also denied bail for Yazeed after hearing his motion for bond reconsideration and approved a motion to collect a DNA swab from Yazeed for evidence comparison.
Bond denied, Yazeed case moves to grand jury
The Judge told a defiant Yazeed he could save it for his court appointed attorneys ruling there was probable cause and no bail for Capital Murder.
Ibraheem Yazeed: Police Have No Video, Audio Of Teen's Murder - WLTZ
“He will also have the opportunity for another preliminary hearing on this matter, but those are decisions that he’ll have to make with his lawyer.”
Suspect in Aniah Blanchard's death charged with capital murder, death penalty sought
Unless i’m Way off I think IY’s case will still be sent to grand jury in Lee County.

Last edited:
There are two separate murder charges, one warrant for each with a probable cause section. Both signed on 12/4. The murder/kidnapping has the "forced" statement, and the murder in a vehicle warrant has "interacting"

EDIT: Actually, you are correct. I was looking at a pdf that had both warrants. They were not both signed 12/4. The vehicle one was signed 12/4 and the kidnapping on 12/2. I found an updated pdf of the kidnapping/murder warrant signed on 12/4. So it was in fact changed, as you stated. Strange.

IMO the charge that includes kidnapping says she was seen being forced into the car because they have to prove he took her against her will (kidnapping), but the murder in vehicle charge does not include the "forced" part because they don't have to prove she was taken against her will on that charge. Just that he murdered her in her vehicle.

IMO the charge that includes kidnapping says she was seen being forced into the car because they have to prove he took her against her will (kidnapping), but the murder in vehicle charge does not include the "forced" part because they don't have to prove she was taken against her will on that charge. Just that he murdered her in her vehicle.
Yes this. The investigator already gave sworn testimony in court on behalf of the first unidentified witness on the kidnapping charge. They didn’t Need to readdress it on the murder charges. IMO

It will be interesting to see if IY and his attorney do request a preliminary hearing. It appears at this point based on what was said at his Montgomery hearing they are banking on history repeating itself and the grand jury dropping all charges. IMO

It will be interesting to see if IY and his attorney do request a preliminary hearing. It appears at this point based on what was said at his Montgomery hearing they are banking on history repeating itself and the grand jury dropping all charges. IMO

Why he was not indicted in two previous grand jury decisions is a mystery, until you look at the venue. Montgomery County seems to have incompetent prosecution, poorly qualified jury pool or something is corrupt. Might be one, some or neither. All MOO but supposedly serious charges where he was caught on camera ramming a police car seems pretty straight forward to me. Maybe the charges were wrongly presented? Maybe the prosecution reached for more serious charges and the jury pool, already suspicious of LE, wouldn’t buy in. Too many possibilities on those charges but the one of attempted murder when he was caught dead to right should never, ever have been bondable. That judge has some serious blood on her/his hands.

Lee County is a completely different demographic. Unless the case is seriously flawed I’d be willing to bet serious money there is no way an indictment isn’t returned.

I still think that someone must have specifically told LE to look at the footage of the second convenience store. If they've had it all along, why not ask the public if anyone saw anything suspicious at that time/location? So, who would know he had been there?

Logically, the only scenarios for IY getting out of the passenger side of the car seem to be that Aniah is not driving (an accomplice is), or Aniah is driving and still unharmed. I see no way that she's already dead and also in the driver's seat. The first witness should be able to clear some of that up at trial (did he see Aniah getting into the driver's side or passenger side?) - if she got into the driver's side at the first Chevron and let IY get into the passenger side, and was seen later waiting for IY at a second location and then leaving with him again, I think the kidnapping charge might be harder to make stick.

Interesting information on Lee County grand jury in a DA interview at the link below. They only meet 4 times per year and those who have been sitting in jail are heard first. Guess there is a reason DA said justice wouldn’t be swift for Aniah but would be thorough. Sounds like it could be some time before we hear anything more on IY in court unless they request a preliminary hearing.
Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes Gives Update On Grand Jury | NewsTalk WANI
“ Beaver said in court. “We’re concerned that he’s going to spend another year or so in jail … waiting for this thing to go to a grand jury.”
Bond denied, Yazeed case moves to grand jury

ETA:The Grand Jury — A Mysterious Process Explained

Do they not have to prove it for the second capital murder count? Jw why they took it out for the capital murder? Bc he’s got two counts...1 for in the vehicle & 1 for kidnapping. Seems like a strange change to make with it being a witness statement.

Do they not have to prove it for the second capital murder count? Jw why they took it out for the capital murder? Bc he’s got two counts...1 for in the vehicle & 1 for kidnapping. Seems like a strange change to make with it being a witness statement.
This is just all my opinion but they already showed probable cause that a kidnapping occurred. Bringing in the witness statement of kidnapping wasn’t in this affidavit because they didn’t need it to show probable cause that he murdered her in her vehicle. They would have risked having to identify the witness at this second hearing. As the DA said in the first hearing the identity of the first witness will be disclosed at trial. I’m pretty certain we’ll hear what he witnessed again then.
ETA:The State doesn’t have to prove anything in these affidavits. They only have to show that they have good reason to believe the crime likely happened. The proof comes out during the trial. IMO

Last edited:
LEs theory that IY acted alone doesn't make sense I hope they're not screwing up.
Again all my opinion but IY in all his prior violent arrests has never been alone. I don’t think he was this time either. And there is a 2nd suspect who is being held on charges of 1st degree kidnapping. I think that suspect is likely providing state evidence and the kidnapping charge will eventually be dropped as part of a plea deal and he’ll say they were at the gas station to commit another crime (burglary/car jacking) but it was IY who physically was the one who kidnapped and murdered AB and that the 2nd suspect had no intent to do so. All just MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back