Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like “Eric” might have been a random person she encountered, because if she was communicating with someone via app or text prior, wouldn’t they have uncovered their identity by now?

But I’m not sure how this would work if someone was using an app on a burner phone. Would their location be traceable?

Has it been reported anywhere that Summer is her roommate? or was that snapchat message to someone else? Also
snapchat messages disappear after a short while. ( not sure the exact time think it is based on the users settings) Curious if there is proof of this snapchat exchange or if the conversation was recalled from memory.
Regular Snapchat user here!! Haha Snapchat has a setting where you can set up a friends Snapchat “texts” (Snapchat refers to it as the “chat” so this doesn’t apply to photos sent via Snapchat) to save for 24 hours. Then after 24 hours they disappear. If the roommate had this capability enabled for Aniah specifically, then she would have been able to access what was said for the next 24 hours - probably screen shot it after they knew something was wrong. I have this capability enabled on everyone I Snapchat with regularly bc I can’t ever remember what was said when I’m finally able to reply lol!

On NG podcast today, this is how mom recounted Aniah's text exchange with her roommate:

Roommate: Are you almost home?
Aniah: Yes
R: Where are you?
A: I’m with ****
R: Who’s that?
A: I just met him
R: I wish you would have let me know. I waited up on you. I’m going to sleep. I love you.
A: I’m so, so sorry. I love you too

Mom said she felt like this sounded like her daughter's vernacular. Is it possible "Eric" was being persistent about just meeting up for a minute, so they met in a nearby parking lot right after the chip purchase? Just a thought

Yes I think it's possible 'Eric' was pressing her to still meet when she insisted she was tired and had to go home.

The thing is though, her mother says that sounds like her daughter's vernacular, but the responses are one to three word answers that anyone can type.. very straight to the point. The last text feels weird to me "I'm so, so sorry" but perhaps that is how she has communicated in prior texts. As someone pointed out, it's strange that in the texts the "where are you" question was not answered.

As others have mentioned, I find it hard to believe shes eating a bag of chips before going on an actual date late at night, while tired too! So perhaps she just planned for a quick meetup.

Strange to not have a charger in her car. Doesn’t everyone have one? And there’s no reason to ever take it out since it can’t be used anywhere else. I find that odd.

My DD is 30. She is constantly moving her chargers around. Why? It makes no sense to me. Half the time her phone is nearly dead. Also makes no sense to me. I on the other hand never move my home or phone chargers and put my phone on each evening. It's always got a charge. Young people...go figure.

Media thread is updated - feel free to add MSM links and remember our 10% rule regarding copying articles

After going through all of the 31 pages this morning I really do not have a good feeling about this - hope I’m wrong

Yes I think it's possible 'Eric' was pressing her to still meet when she insisted she was tired and had to go home.

The thing is though, her mother says that sounds like her daughter's vernacular, but the responses are one to three word answers that anyone can type.. very straight to the point. The last text feels weird to me "I'm so, so sorry" but perhaps that is how she has communicated in prior texts. As someone pointed out, it's strange that in the texts the "where are you" question was not answered.

As others have mentioned, I find it hard to believe shes eating a bag of chips before going on an actual date late at night, while tired too! So perhaps she just planned for a quick meetup.

Its strange for sure. If she did indeed meet a guy named Eric from a dating app and she did indeed send those text's stating that she was with him, Then it suggest's that this Eric guy used his real photo's on the dating app if that is indeed how they met. Now i can't see anybody using their own pictures on a dating app if they were planning to abduct somebody.

Another possibility is that, somebody else sent those messages or she was forced to send them, I am not sure what phone she had but they may have needed a pin code to access it but some use FACE ID now. i also agree that the responses are one to three word answers that anyone can type.

Her family mentioned she always lets people know where she is, so it seems out of character that she didn't let the room mate know where she was that late at night, The roommate stating she was worried, had stayed up waiting for her and wished she had let her know gives me the impression its unusual for her to be out that late without letting her roommate know where she is as well which again is strange. Add to that buying chips before a date makes it even more strange.

I would like to know if the bag of chips was found in her abandoned vehicle or not.

so just throwing out possibilities - maybe aniah typed the messages to the roommate about Eric but maybe she was making that up because she was doing something or meeting someone she didn't want her roommate to know about - maybe an ex? or I can't shake the fact this case reminds me of Mackenzie Lueck....maybe she was approached by a 'sugar daddy' type on SM and was planning on meeting them? I am holding out hope and praying that she is safe and sound but I agree with previous posters that things aren't looking good.

Thanks so much for doing the media thread. I’m with you, I don’t have a good feeling either.
Media thread is updated - feel free to add MSM links and remember our 10% rule regarding copying articles

After going through all of the 31 pages this morning I really do not have a good feeling about this - hope I’m wrong

Is the “Sky Bar” that’s been referenced the same as the Skybar Cafe in Auburn? If so, based on the website and pictures I’ve seen online it does not look seedy at all. Looks like a fine place IMO.

Task force created in search for Aniah:
Task force of 60 investigators searching for Aniah Blanchard

"
A task force has been formed to investigate the disappearance of 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard, who vanished from Auburn one week ago today.

Investigators met in Montgomery Wednesday morning to strategize about Blanchard’s case. As a result, authorities launched a task force comprised of roughly 60 investigators from nearly one dozen law enforcement agencies."

"
“It’s pretty significant,’’ said Auburn police Capt. Lorenza Dorsey. “It’s all with the goal of trying to determine Aniah’s whereabouts.”

Earlier Wednesday, Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes said foul play is a possibility in Blanchard’s disappearance. "This is a criminal investigation, obviously we’re approaching it as such,'' Hughes said in a press conference. “We do not believe that Aniah would or did go missing on her own volition.”"

I don't see the post on roommate's twitter that everyone was talking about yesterday, but I know I wouldn't be worried about what Halloween costume to wear if my best friend is missing, but that's just me.

Something just does not feel right about her meeting someone. I feel like this person is someone she knows, someone she's comfortable with. Perhaps this person had her phone and wrote the messages themself, knowing her and the vernacular she uses. Or they had her send those messages. I just don't know about this being a stranger.

This entire event has taken my anxiety level up a zillion notches. I have a freshman at Auburn and I swear they better be increasing campus security there as well as the entire city. Aniah is missing and also 21 year old Chih-Kai Lai. Why isnt he getting this much coverage. His life matters just as much as Aniahs. Every life matters.
He’s not getting coverage because he was a grad student from Taiwan that never showed up for class. He most likely defected from his communist country either with or without his father who brought him. It happens with students from communist countries often. He is missing by choice.

I wish I’d quit writing my timeline and looked at posts! You had it covered.

The podcast did say summer was her roommate. At least I think it was there! I know for sure I heard/read/or saw that confirmed in msm in videos I was reviewing tonight.

I *think* her mom said the type of chips on the podcast if I remember. I think it was salt and vinegar? Personally, I don’t know anyone comfortable with eating chips before meeting a guy for the first time that they are interested in. Tells me she might not have been planning to meet anyone and the snap was sent by her abductor. What I noticed is that the roommate snapped Aniah first asking if she was almost home. That would make an abductor feel like they should respond to keep Roomie off their tail.

And yea, I think they know if there was an Eric, and hopefully who he was. There is likely dna in that car. I would expect they have that now as well.

I'm glad someone else mentioned the type of chips. I have been thinking of that this whole time, thinking about chips that wouldn't make her breath smell before meeting up with someone for the first time. (i.e. I wouldn't get Doritos or something onion-y before meeting a new guy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper