Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chevron possibilities are attached. I wonder if she stopped and got gas on the way home and bought something inside.

In looking at registered offenders in that area, there are offenders very near each of those chevrons.

I don't have the address for that chevron but somebody posted this a few day's ago should make it easier to find. im going to see if i can find it on googlemaps now

EDIT

I belive this is the Chevron

‬‏‏www.google.com/maps/place/Chevron/@32.5776272,-85.4984774,16z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sChevron+station+South+College+and+East+University+auburn!3m4!1s0x0:0x58b5d20809cfc301!8m2!3d32.5777515!4d-85.4971813

thanks for that location and checking them out first hand.

Aniah's mom and stepfather talking this morning on the news.

Aniah's parents suspect that she may not have been the one snapchatting with the roommate. In the interview, they said the store she stopped at was near the house she dropped her brother at. Buying the chips says to them she was headed home for bed, not preparing to go out. They also said she was standing next to a display of phone chargers. If she was going out she would have bought one. All these little things add up for them, they know their daughter.

After listening to this interview, I am leaning towards an abduction. Do we see keys in her hand in the video? Could someone have gotten in the back seat while she was in the store? Popped up later and this is why the car was damaged?

Yea... wow. That’s surprising to me.
Does the curb store not have cameras in their parking lot? We had a murder here recently and that curb store had parking lot video, the murder as not been solved but at least there was video.parking lot video would benefit the safety of owner, employees and customers.

I wonder where outside the chevron she parked, im pretty sure they will all have cctv on the gas pumps to stop people driving off without paying, i wonder if she parked to the side somewhere out of site of the cameras possibly in an unlit area.

He’s not getting coverage because he was a grad student from Taiwan that never showed up for class. He most likely defected from his communist country either with or without his father who brought him. It happens with students from communist countries often. He is missing by choice.
Just for clarification, Taiwan is a democracy, a very wealthy democracy. But I agree that a male grad student is being perceived as having skipped out on his visa.

Aniah's parents suspect that she may not have been the one snapchatting with the roommate. In the interview, they said the store she stopped at was near the house she dropped her brother at. Buying the chips says to them she was headed home for bed, not preparing to go out. They also said she was standing next to a display of phone chargers. If she was going out she would have bought one. All these little things add up for them, they know their daughter.

After listening to this interview, I am leaning towards an abduction. Do we see keys in her hand in the video? Could someone have gotten in the back seat while she was in the store? Popped up later and this is why the car was damaged?

BBM
Knox, as much as I hate it, this is exactly what I am thinking. This is a tactic used and I know cases where it has happened.
I wonder if she was known for locking her car or was she not overly concerned about it?
Do we know if she had a key fob remote for that car?

Totally agree...and I am thinking they have no video that's useful from Chevron, as they'd have said foul play from the get-go. Good questions. I'm going back to replay video of her in store, on your key question. Also, someone posted a pic of the Chevron, if anyone has any thoughts on the layout/possibility of abduction there. I wonder if they have good apartment complex video by now.

Totally agree...and I am thinking they have no video that's useful from Chevron, as they'd have said foul play from the get-go. Good questions. I'm going back to replay video of her in store, on your key question. Also, someone posted a pic of the Chevron, if anyone has any thoughts on the layout/possibility of abduction there. I wonder if they have good apartment complex video by now.

for sure if they had any footage of a suspect they would surely have released it asking if anybody can identify them. I would be very surprised if they held back such info.

I wonder where outside the chevron she parked, im pretty sure they will all have cctv on the gas pumps to stop people driving off without paying, i wonder if she parked to the side somewhere out of site of the cameras possibly in an unlit area.

That's what I'm thinking too, these stores have LOTS of cameras typically. I'll say this though, right now at work, we have had a primary camera out for two weeks waiting for a part. As you said she could have parked out of view, or maybe a camera was down. Something either happened there, or maybe even as she was getting out of her car at home. What do we know about where she lives? Has that been eliminated (possibly abducted outside where she lives)?

I did not see keys in her hand but now I am going to watch again. This reminded me of Moni's situation with the potential fake messages sent. So sad, I don't have a good feeling about this outcome.

I just checked the map of Chevron and Walmart. Aniah would have passed Walmart to get to I-85. (Correct me if I’m wrong.). So they have all the CCTV needed.

Yes you are correct. South College is a four lane road with a center turn lane at times. Both the Chevron mentioned previously and Wal-Mart are located on what I would consider the northbound side of the road, if you were traveling towards campus. I'm not certain the light her plate was pinged by CCTV but I'm assuming it would be the southbound lanes if it was captured closer to the South College/I-85 S area, in moo.

Actually, upon closer inspection, you can clearly see what looks like a card in her hand. I assume it's a debit card. She is also holding something else you can't see in the same hand, but it looks to me like something is swinging that very much resembles what could be a key chain.

I wonder if someone could have forced her off the road causing that damage? that would mean a second vehicle of course and then they would have had to drive her vehicle to the apartment complex - that's a lot of work in a short amount of time. IMO

In cases like this I often fantasize about a rewind button. If only ... one small change in what the MP did at the time they disappeared. We would never know Aniah's name, and her parents lives would not be forever changed.

I did not see keys in her hand but now I am going to watch again. This reminded me of Moni's situation with the potential fake messages sent. So sad, I don't have a good feeling about this outcome.
BBM- good point!! We've seen perps do this in other cases as well, so it's not a far-fetched notion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24