AL - Bibb County, 07/18/24 Mass Shooting, Kelsey Kendrick, 24, amongst 5 victims of shooter Brandon Kendrick, 32. 4 victims children (2 his own)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"They arrived to find five people shot - including four children under the age of 10. Officials say two of the young victims were the suspect’s children and two were a nephew and niece.

Alabama State Trooper Cpl. Reginal King said the child victims were ages 2, 6 and 9. Two of the children were 6 years old.

Three of the children were dead on the scene. The wife and another child were airlifted to Birmingham hospitals where they later died."

From the al.com article shared by @vls12345 above:

An Alabama man is accused of fatally shooting his wife and four children inside their home overnight, according to officials with the Fourth Judicial Circuit of Alabama District Attorney’s Office.

Brandon Allan Kendrick II, 32, is facing five counts of capital murder. The charges are four counts of capital murder of a child under the age of 14, and one count of capital murder in the slayings of two or more people in one act.

Here is Brandon's FB: Brandon Kendrick

You can find her page from his; I don't want to share it since she's a victim. Strangers are posting on her page and it's not all kind.

From the al.com article shared by @vls12345 above:

An Alabama man is accused of fatally shooting his wife and four children inside their home overnight, according to officials with the Fourth Judicial Circuit of Alabama District Attorney’s Office.

Brandon Allan Kendrick II, 32, is facing five counts of capital murder. The charges are four counts of capital murder of a child under the age of 14, and one count of capital murder in the slayings of two or more people in one act.

Here is Brandon's FB: Brandon Kendrick

You can find her page from his; I don't want to share it since she's a victim. Strangers are posting on her page and it's not all kind.
I believe this is another of his FB

WOW! This is quite the update. I was not aware it took place at the pastor’s home nor that a birthday party had just taken place. Thank you. :”( So saddening … terribly disturbing & tragic.

From DM link above:

"Kendrick was at not at the party because his schizophrenic episodes had worsened
over the previous two weeks.

'All of the children were supposed to spend the night at [Bill's] home,'
Brittany said.

'Brandon repeatedly begged and pleaded with her to come home
and she gave in…
within an hour they were all shot in the head'."

RIP to the victims :(

"Kendrick suffered from schizophrenia
and family explained how his mental state worsened in the weeks before the massacre.

'Kelse and her children have been victims of domestic violence for years,'
one family member said,
claiming he had a history of not taking his medication.

Allan told Kelse's grandfather Bill Morrow how he stumbled upon the crime and confronted his grandson.

The 71-year-old was watching TV in the main house with his wife when he heard what sounded like a gunshot and went to investigate.

'Brandon came at him with the gun,
and he fought it away from him.
Then he walked over [to the house] and found out what happened'.

Brandon said,
'Why did you beat me up?'
and Allan told him what he had done…
and he just said, 'Oh'.

Allan said the door was knocked off its hinges,
almost like she had locked him out and he broke the door down before shooting them.
I'm assuming they were having some kind of argument,'
Eli said.

Allan, who is the lead pastor of Oasis of Praise Church in nearby Bessemer,
called 911 about 8.18pm."

Last edited:

"Alabama pastor

tells congregation how he wrestled gun off his 'murderer' grandson

minutes after mom and four children were massacred at home -

and reveals a shocking family secret.

The 71-year-old recounted the episode at the end of a lengthy sermon at Oasis of Praise Church in nearby Bessemer,
where he is senior pastor,
on Sunday.

Allan also revealed to his congregation
that Kendrick was
'physically, sexually, and mentally' abused
until his grandparents got custody when he was 12.

Kendrick suffered from schizophrenia and his mental state worsened in the weeks before the massacre.

Kendrick pleaded not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect
in Bibb County Courthouse on Monday.

He will face court again
on September 26."

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads