AL - Brian Ogle, 17, brutally beaten, Sylacauga, 30 Sep 2016 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If a group of people attack a single unarmed person, yes they are "jumped". I hope these people all get caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law for committing this HATE crime. We shant get beat up for our views. I pray Brian recovers. This racial tension is getting crazy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What I am saying, was there an argument/interaction prior to this or was it out of the blue in a random location with no provocation. My hunch is there was a heated interaction between both parties, likely involving race and it escalated.

And also police are not a race, if someone is attacked for being pro-police thats not racial.

The FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.”

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/civil-rights/hate-crimes

Remember, we don't prosecute police who shoot unarmed black men for no reason for hate crimes

What I am saying, was there an argument/interaction prior to this or was it out of the blue in a random location with no provocation. My hunch is there was a heated interaction between both parties, likely involving race and it escalated.

And also police are not a race, if someone is attacked for being pro-police thats not racial.

Remember, we don't prosecute police who shoot unarmed black men for no reason for hate crimes
Sure, I'm guessing more will come out as to his prior interaction with this "gang" of miscreants. I saw his FB. It really wasn't bad at all. It's sad that he was attacked by multiple people with no chance of defending himself. I hate "jumping" incidents wholeheartedly.

Sure, I'm guessing more will come out as to his prior interaction with this "gang" of miscreants. I saw his FB. It really wasn't bad at all. It's sad that he was attacked by multiple people with no chance of defending himself. I hate "jumping" incidents wholeheartedly.

I hate when people get jumped to, violence has no place in the world.

But i do disagree imho, his FB posts were patronizing, condescending and marginalized the value of lives taken by rogue policemen who shoot first, analyze later. Not to mention a lot of his post and comments were repost/quotes from Milo Yiannopoulos, the man who has made a living from provoking, insulting and intentionally pursuing controversy and clashes regarding social issues.

But i do disagree imho, his FB posts were patronizing, condescending and marginalized the value of lives taken by rogue policemen who shoot first, analyze later. Not to mention a lot of his post and comments were repost/quotes from Milo Yiannopoulos, the man who has made a living from provoking, insulting and intentionally pursuing controversy and clashes regarding social issues.[/QUOTE

Yes, but to me what people post is their right. He can repost till the cows come home. Soldiers died for his right to an opinion. I would have had respect if his attackers had a verbal confrontation with him to challenge his beliefs. To each his own. I want to see names of the perps so I can peruse THEIR Facebook's as well. So far we only get to analyze the victim here iykwim. Either way, I am hating how these polarized issues are causing Americans to fight with each other. It really makes me sad. For all sides.

Say this was an attack on him for his racially provocative Facebook posts - lots of people post the same sort of things and some of his were shares. So he's not the only one out there. IF he was attacked for what he'd posted would it still be a hate crime? In other words would it make a difference if his actions rather than his race are what motivated the crime?

The way "criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against" reads it seems, IMO, to say they would have to show proof of a bias as in the offenders hate white people. What if there's nothing like that to be found? I would say unless they belong to a group or have expressed previous hate or violence against white people the enhanced charge wouldn't hold up.

Latest update from Sylacauga Police Department:

There have been many rumors about rallies, protests and riots in our city. Theses seem to be just that, rumors. There has been no credible threat of civil disobedience or credible threat of any planned protests.

But they have an action plan in case anything does get started.

I hope the attackers are caught and punished, and this will set an example as being the worst way of handling problems. This will probably turn out to be a situation where everybody loses.

I hope the attackers are caught and punished, and this will set an example as being the worst way of handling problems. This will probably turn out to be a situation where everybody loses.

I have a feeling there's a big piece of the story we're not being told. There's just something so off about the whole thing. I wonder if he'd been set up by some friends. No arrests or suspect descriptions but in a town that size someone knows something.

4 arrested in assault of Sylacauga High School student Brian Ogle

Sylacauga Police Chief Kelley Johnson says all four that were arrested are between the ages of 18 and 20, and former SHS students.

Quartez Walker, Bobby Brown, Landah Ealy and Davion Nix were all arrested by Sylacauga Police and charged with assault. Two were picked up in Tuscaloosa, one in Montgomery and one in Sylacauga.

The chief told us he is working on a press release that will have more information.

But i do disagree imho, his FB posts were patronizing, condescending and marginalized the value of lives taken by rogue policemen who shoot first, analyze later. Not to mention a lot of his post and comments were repost/quotes from Milo Yiannopoulos, the man who has made a living from provoking, insulting and intentionally pursuing controversy and clashes regarding social issues.

I think we all have rights, as Americans, to be patronizing, condescending and critical of other social movements, if we desire to do so, without expecting to be beaten nearly to death.

One of my biggest issues with the BLM movement is the underlying levels of violence which are incited, agitated and provoked by their rhetoric. And this is an example. JMO :cow:

I think we all have rights, as Americans, to be patronizing, condescending and critical of other social movements, if we desire to do so, without expecting to be beaten nearly to death.

One of my biggest issues with the BLM movement is the underlying levels of violence which are incited, agitated and provoked by their rhetoric. And this is an example. JMO :cow:
I agree.

It's really a shame that it's come down to a matter of Black Lives Matter vs Blue Lives Matter. All races are represented by LE and their role is to protect ALL people regardless of race, etc. All law-abiding citizens, including AA's, need LE's protection and should not view them as THE ENEMY. Obviously, interaction between some LEO's and the AA population has become so tense that they are distrustful of one another. Because of brutal attacks on LE even during routine traffic stops, LEO's approach those situations ready to pull the trigger. As a result, innocent people have died -- both LEO's and civilians. It's become a (truly) vicious cycle where communication has broken down. I just hope it's not irreversible. First of all, people need to respect authority and realize that a few rogue officers don't represent the entire force, and that what happens in Ferguson, MO is no reflection on the police force in Dallas, TX, etc.

Some people have turned this into a war, taking sides, and appear to be waiting with baited breath for someone ("the opposition") to do or say something that provides them with an excuse to use violence. When I was a kid, we were taught the chant, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" and would recited it whenever someone insulted us. Today, people are readily offended and readily respond with violence. JMO.

It looks like he was beaten by a group because they didn't like what he said. I hope all responsible are charged with a hate crime.
He shared the video with the black man giving free hugs to police officers which is not offensive at all. He also shared the BLM vs all lives matter social experiment. I don't know but I'm going to assume the group that beat him was black.

No one deserves to be beaten for something they say or post online.

It looks like he was beaten by a group because they didn't like what he said. I hope all responsible are charged with a hate crime.
He shared the video with the black man giving free hugs to police officers which is not offensive at all. He also shared the BLM vs all lives matter social experiment. I don't know but I'm going to assume the group that beat him was black.

No one deserves to be beaten for something they say or post online.

Re-read the legal definition of a hate crime and you will see no such thing is applicable in this situation.

And we only heard one side of the story as of yet.

The BLM is just as inherently violent as the catholic church is inherently sexual predators, or Muslims inherently being terrorists casting a blanket judgement on a group like that is disgusting imho. BLM is bringing serious issues to the forefront of attention and working together is what needs to happen to make this world a better places for all people of all races. I support that, do you?

Re-read the legal definition of a hate crime and you will see no such thing is applicable in this situation.

And we only heard one side of the story as of yet.

The BLM is just as inherently violent as the catholic church is inherently sexual predators, or Muslims inherently being terrorists casting a blanket judgement on a group like that is disgusting imho. BLM is bringing serious issues to the forefront of attention and working together is what needs to happen to make this world a better places for all people of all races. I support that, do you?

Personally, I don't see BLM as making this a 'better place ' for all the people. I see them creating divisiveness, acrimony and bitterness, nationwide.

Personally, I don't see BLM as making this a 'better place ' for all the people. I see them creating divisiveness, acrimony and bitterness, nationwide.

While I do believe BLM can benefit from having a central leader or group of leaders to act as the face of the movement and show all the traits that they do want people to associate with BLM. Associating a few individual actions and purposely characterizing the movement as you do is condescending, patronizing and could possibly reflect any of your own prejudices but I dont know you well enough to say that, all I can say is from what I have seen typed.

Honestly does a group standing up for themselves using protests and available platforms to get acknowledgement of the discrimination that exists in this country make you uncomfortable enough to feel justified to characterize their fight for civil rights and equality as "bitter", "divisive", and dismiss their plight because you (assumingly) are privileged enough to not face what they do due to the color of your skin?

The end goal of the group is to bring attention to systematic racism that many men and women around the country experience. To end this negative connotation of black men and women that many wrongfully automatically have. To help society get pass these judgements and learn to treat everyone equally.

Again, I do not advocate violence and any person who does that in the name of BLM is on par with those who do disgusting acts while associated with islam, catholic church, NRA, political parties or any other group. They do not represent the group, and associating it as so id counter productive to any sort of progression we all hope.

I have family that are police and I believe both sides need to understand each other, respect each other and work together to make our communities, our societies better for all of all, all races, all ages.

While I do believe BLM can benefit from having a central leader or group of leaders to act as the face of the movement and show all the traits that they do want people to associate with BLM. Associating a few individual actions and purposely characterizing the movement as you do is condescending, patronizing and could possibly reflect any of your own prejudices but I dont know you well enough to say that, all I can say is from what I have seen typed.

Honestly does a group standing up for themselves using protests and available platforms to get acknowledgement of the discrimination that exists in this country make you uncomfortable enough to feel justified to characterize their fight for civil rights and equality as "bitter", "divisive", and dismiss their plight because you (assumingly) are privileged enough to not face what they do due to the color of your skin?

The end goal of the group is to bring attention to systematic racism that many men and women around the country experience. To end this negative connotation of black men and women that many wrongfully automatically have. To help society get pass these judgements and learn to treat everyone equally.

Again, I do not advocate violence and any person who does that in the name of BLM is on par with those who do disgusting acts while associated with islam, catholic church, NRA, political parties or any other group. They do not represent the group, and associating it as so id counter productive to any sort of progression we all hope.

I have family that are police and I believe both sides need to understand each other, respect each other and work together to make our communities, our societies better for all of all, all races, all ages.

There are many, including church leaders in the BLM group that are hateful. I've watched a pastor 'sic' her group on a young white man just wanting to go home and they wouldn't let him through the blockade. There are many examples of this that are easy to find online. So yes, many associated with the group are not only violent but hateful. Not all but many IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston
Back