AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
reedus, THANK YOU! I was just reading an article today that didn't have the incest charge listed, so I thought maybe it was dropped. Thank you so much for your updated list of charges. It helps so much!

JG - I can't swear that these are all accurate. With all the different charges at different times, I very easily could have missed something being added/dropped/changed. As always, if anyone that's been keeping track is aware of anything that needs to be changed, let me know.

Regarding why RSW talked, my impression had always been that in his mind, this thing went to a whole new level with potential murder charges once Brittney went missing and he panicked a bit and went to LE to try to soften his role in the whole group, essentially saying I may be a rapist but I'm not a murderer as if that's any better. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he went to LE after she went missing. After seeing his demeanor in the recent video, I'm just not sure what to think of him.

Thank you Zwiebel. I take it you are in Europe? Do you not find it un fathomable the lack of national (US) coverage of this case. Think of the Madeleine McCann case and compare and contrast... Unbelievable. I feel for the poor children embroiled in this nightmare, they are brave souls.

I think what I've found strangest is some of the really strong ( sometimes nasty) support for some of the people charged with sex abuse of children, and an almost complete disregard for the child victims at the same time.

But then I wouldn't like to see a replica of the mob mentality that happens in Britain with any case like this.

* US posters might not have heard, but a man in England questioned about alleged pedo offences had a baying mob outside his door and was later murdered and burnt right outside his apartment block - in a crowded suburb. Police at the recent trial of his murderer said there was zero evidence the victim had committed any crime at all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-vigilante-neighbours-mistook-paedophile.html

ETA: He was questioned over 'breach of the peace', not any abuse offence.

I don't know why, but I got the impression RSW had just upped and gone to LE himself, to make a complaint about others?

But with the LE quotes above, it looks as though he was actually called in.

What do LE mean Brittney was the only victim to know the whole story, that other children were being abused as well? Does it mean the victims all confided in her, or that the abusers all told her what they were doing, or she knew some other way?

I was under the same impression. Plus I thought the investigation began n January, whereas the article I posted above informed it was February. S the now conclusion Ai can come to is that there's 2 different counties involved...maybe the victim reported it to Mobile but Randal reported it to Baldwin. Maybe? Or maybe there's 2 different victims - which we already know anyway that there's more than 1 victim now - but maybe Randall reported on the family stuff. Hypothetical...

I think Brittney was murdered and bc everyone is involved in these vicious crimes, they won't rat for fear they'll all serve the same penalty - which could be life in prison or death. I wonder what could happen if someone is killed/murdered bc of a crime being committed, could all those involved in said crime receive the same penalty?

Hmmm... Wish Gitana or Azlawyer was on here. Maybe they could enlighten us.

I think Brittney was murdered to silence her. Her baby was already with her ex. She told her family it was done bc she thought she'd go to jail bc of unpaid fines - which I've never heard of somebody losing custody bc of stupid traffic tickets. So is it possible maybe Brittney thought she'd serve time in jail bc of the sex crimes surrounding her family? Could this be why she was dodging the cops? It's not illegal that she didn't report it. She's not mandated to do so. She didn't hold a position of any kind of authority that would have forced her to report these crimes, therefore she wouldn't have served time for it. So yeah, I thnk she was murdered to keep her testimony out of the courts.

Something to chew on is this... If Brittney knew everything about these sex crimes, then who could she have testified against? Who would stand to lose the most? All of them, every single one of these perverts. I think alot of what they say & do is for the sake of the camera. I wouldn't trust any of what they have to say. They're all proven liars in one way or another.

I'm coming down with a cold and have no energy, but I did want to thank Lash for putting together and posting important reminders of some of the facts shared by Steph that help us understand events leading up to Brittney missing.

000201F9.gif
*Lash*

You're very welcome :blushing:

I have been working on organizing Steph's post. I received mod approval to post the important details Steph has shared with us in the Case Facts Only thread. It should be helpful when completed. I will let you all know when the posts are added.

AL AL- Brittney Wood CASE FACTS ONLY **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From this story RSW called the authorities to report the abuse in February, 2012. Months before Brittney disappeared.

Published: Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's a story that technically began February 26, 2012 when investigators said Brittney's uncle, Randall Scott Wood, called authorities to report the family sex abuse.

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/special-report-missing-brittney

I personally believe Randall is the suspect that confessed.

Published: Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Captain Arthur said the juvenile victim in this case contacted the sheriff's office. Investigators called one of the men she accused in for questioning, and officials said the suspect confessed.

"The age of this juvenile along with the circumstances surrounding it make it a heinous crime," said Captain Arthur.

Arthur said the suspect who confessed gave them the name of the second suspect in this case.

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/two-men-arrested-for-sex-crimes

I just couldn't watch that video all through again. Chessie is such a drama queen. I know a mom talking about a missing child will be emotional, of course. But it's all the tearful hatred aimed towards 'Wendy Wood Holland, my own sister' that sticks in my craw. Chessie's known about the deleted messages and the possible charges facing Wendy's dead husband from the beginning - that didn't stop Chessie supporting her, and being right by her side in court.

Why the sudden change in attitude from Chessie towards her sister Wendy? The only thing I can see that's different today, from the past, is that Chessie is now facing charges herself. The gloves are off now, and Chessie has at last come out fighting, screaming and wailing, prepared to throw anyone to the wolves. To save herself.

I don't think she ever demonstrated that kind of fighting spirit towards Brittney's cause, in the past.

From this story RSW called the authorities to report the abuse in February, 2012. Months before Brittney disappeared.

It's got to be two completely separate incidents I think, hasn't it?

Me too...so save his own azz...to soften his punishment.

I don't believe Chessie had anything to do with her daughter's disappearance by the way, or any foul play if that has happened. I do think that she has always thought Wendy and some others do know though, but failed to speak up for her daughter or tell police what she suspected, in case she caused any trouble for herself.

It's only now the worst has happened and she's been charged and has nothing to lose, she is revealing her suspicions - which would have been a great, great help to investigators back in 2012, when Brittney first disappeared. Alerts and searches might have started earlier, when there was still evidence to be found and people hadn't had time to cover up.

I just couldn't watch that video all through again. Chessie is such a drama queen. I know a mom talking about a missing child will be emotional, of course. But it's all the tearful hatred aimed towards 'Wendy Wood Holland, my own sister' that sticks in my craw. Chessie's known about the deleted messages and the possible charges facing Wendy's dead husband from the beginning - that didn't stop Chessie supporting her, and being right by her side in court.

Why the sudden change in attitude from Chessie towards her sister Wendy? The only thing I can see that's different today, from the past, is that Chessie is now facing charges herself. The gloves are off now, and Chessie has at last come out fighting, screaming and wailing, prepared to throw anyone to the wolves. To save herself.

I don't think she ever demonstrated that kind of fighting spirit towards Brittney's cause, in the past.

Little too late IMO.

It's got to be two completely separate incidents I think, hasn't it?

But it could also be how the media is reporting it.

I remember in the very beginning the police said the investigation started in January. It's been reported as January AND February in media reports.

We know now over a year later that there's more than 1 victim, but it initially started with 1 victim...or no? I thought maybe the victim reported it to somebody - either cops, guidance counselor, whomever - then the police started the investigation, then maybe Scott called in the report to beat them to the punch. I thought I read that the girl was given alcohol why she was accosted. Do you remember that or am I thinking of something else? So I was thinking maybe she mentioned a couple names to the investigators but blocked out others, the Scott talked to the cops & mentioned another name not in their file and it in turn opened up a can of worms.

Then Britt disappeared and another victim came forward. Plus, cops pulled her Facebook & other social media records...so they'd have printouts of the conversation between Britt & her cousin.

This is how one can tell the level of intelligence some of these people truly have. Did they honestly think the authorities couldn't pull all records associated with their ip addresses for crying out loud? Just bc some stuff is deleted doesn't mean it's truly out of sight out of mind - there's still footprints to it all. So le I'm certain has various data that's gonna be used to sink their already in despair ship.

I'm very interested to see the info released in trial. This is one court case I'd follow if its to be aired.

I don't believe Chessie had anything to do with her daughter's disappearance by the way, or any foul play if that has happened. I do think that she has always thought Wendy and some others do know though, but failed to speak up for her daughter or tell police what she suspected, in case she caused any trouble for herself.

It's only now the worst has happened and she's been charged and has nothing to lose, she is revealing her suspicions - which would have been a great, great help to investigators back in 2012, when Brittney first disappeared. Alerts and searches might have started earlier, when there was still evidence to be found and people hadn't had time to cover up.

She reminds me of somebody that doesn't like and doesn't trust law enforcement. She seems to always be on the defense. Could it be that she maybe feels the system failed her before so why trust them now? Idk, to me she doesn't seem trustworthy. I can't get past the fact that she has Britt's gmom living with her & she tolerates that lady sending money to Brittney's rapist in jail. If gmom can't cut her ties with a convicted child rapist, then why the hedoubletoothpicks would Chessie allow this woman to live there? After all, the guy RAPED her daughter! Gmom should be ashamed of herself. :mad:

*Lash*, I came across this thorough list of charges... I'm adding it bc it lists the county the charges were filed in. Hopefully that helps. :)

Wood family arrests in Baldwin County sex abuse investigation
Between June 19, 2012, and Oct. 22, 2013, eight of Brittney Wood's relatives and three family friends were arrested on sex abuse charges stemming from a more than three-month long investigation in Baldwin County and alleged victims later coming forward.

Dustin "Dusty" Kent, 36, Brittney Wood's uncle
June 19, 2012, Baldwin County: Charges of first-degree sodomy and second-degree rape
July 16, 2012, Baldwin County: New charges of second-degree rape, incest and second-degree sodomy
Aug. 2, 2012, Mobile County: Charges of first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy
Oct. 22, 2013, Mobile County: New charges of first-degree rape, first-degree sodomy, production of obscene matter of a person under 17 and sex abuse of a child less than 12
The charges involve victims who are between 12 and 16 years old.

Randall "Scott" Wood, 42, Brittney Wood's uncle
June 19, 2012, Baldwin County: Charges of second-degree sex abuse, second-degree sodomy and incest
Oct. 22, 2013, Mobile County: Charges of second-degree rape, second-degree sodomy and enticing a child into a building or dwelling

Derek Wood, 22, Brittney Wood's brother
July 13, 2012, Baldwin County: Charges of second-degree rape and second-degree sodomy.

Donald "Paul" Holland Jr., 20, Brittney Wood's step-cousin
July 17, 2012, Baldwin County: Charges of second-degree sex abuse, second-degree rape and incest

William "Billy" Brownlee, Holland family friend
July 22, 2012, Baldwin County: Charges of second-degree sodomy and second-degree sex abuse
Oct. 22, 2013, Mobile County: Charges of first-degree sodomy, sex abuse of a child less than 12 and two counts of first-degree rape

Wendy Wood Holland, 33, Brittney Wood's aunt
Aug. 22, 2012, Baldwin County: Charge of endangering the welfare of a child
Nov. 29, 2012, Baldwin County: Charges of first-degree sodomy, sexual torture and sex abuse.
Oct. 22, 2013, Mobile County: Charge of first-degree sodomy

Chessie Wood, 38, Brittney Wood's mother
June 27, 2013, Mobile County: Charges of sodomy and child sex abuse

Mendy Kent, 33, Brittney Wood's aunt
Oct. 22, 2013, Mobile County: Charges of first-degree sodomy and sex abuse of a child less than 12

Nelton Morgan, 47, Wood family friend
Oct. 22, 2013, Mobile County: Charges first-degree rape and sex abuse of a child less than 12

James Cumbaa, 32, Brittney Wood's uncle
Oct. 22, 2013, Mobile County: Charges of first-degree rape, first-degree sodomy and sex abuse of a child less than 12

Jennifer Moore, 32, Wood family friend
Nov. 1, 2013, Baldwin County: Charges of second-degree sexual abuse and production of child *advertiser censored*

There's also a pretty good timeline at the following link...
http://blog.al.com/live/2013/05/timeline_the_search_for_brittn.html

I've been thinking of something all day...

I cannot fathom the idea of Brittney being anything other than a victim in this heinous circle. I'm just not seeing it. Consider the fact that she was raped when she was 9. That conviction went all the way through the court system & the perp was convicted - he's still in jail.

IMO Britt was also raped by Donnie, possibly by others in her family as well. Maybe she didn't report him bc she saw where it got her when she reported her grandmother's significant other. Britt's gmom took her man's side. Chessie had her kids all over the place, living from home to home. Both grandmother's took care of Britt & her brothers. I cant imagine the chit that poor girl probably heard from her maternal grandmom. She probably blamed her repeatedly for her man being in jail for crying out loud. I wonder how many times Britt was called a liar by this same grandmother. I saw stuff written on various social media of some family that have the actual nerve to blame the victims. Wth? Because of how she was treated by her family after getting her rapist convicted, most especially by her very own mother, she was taught to just accept things as they are. I think it's very probable that Brittney didn't turn these people in bc of her past experience and how she was taught to deal with it all.

I also wonder if she may have thought she was the only female child in the family they were raping. If so, she could have gone off the deep end upon her conversation with her cousin. If that scenario is plausible, then I can definitely understand why Chessie said Britt's a "lil fireball & would have confronted her Uncle Donnie". The biggest problem I have with that is this: Donnie wasn't the only rapist listed by her cousin - Dustin & Scott were named too.

So then consider this: Dustin lived right down the street from Chessie. Chessie said Donnie picked Britt up from down the street. Scott helped set up the searches. Scott also helped set up searches away from where the initial search was taking place. He based that on where the cell pinged at that early morning hour or something. This same guy that was just named in a FB conversation as a rapist was integral in setting up an organized search for Brittney. Pffffft...

From my outside perspective, all of them had motive but the 3 at the top of the list IMO are Donnie, Dustin & Scott.

I've been thinking of something all day...

I cannot fathom the idea of Brittney being anything other than a victim in this heinous circle. I'm just not seeing it. Consider the fact that she was raped when she was 9. That conviction went all the way through the court system & the perp was convicted - he's still in jail.

IMO Britt was also raped by Donnie, possibly by others in her family as well. Maybe she didn't report him bc she saw where it got her when she reported her grandmother's significant other. Britt's gmom took her man's side. Chessie had her kids all over the place, living from home to home. Both grandmother's took care of Britt & her brothers. I cant imagine the chit that poor girl probably heard from her maternal grandmom. She probably blamed her repeatedly for her man being in jail for crying out loud. I wonder how many times Britt was called a liar by this same grandmother. I saw stuff written on various social media of some family that have the actual nerve to blame the victims. Wth? Because of how she was treated by her family after getting her rapist convicted, most especially by her very own mother, she was taught to just accept things as they are. I think it's very probable that Brittney didn't turn these people in bc of her past experience and how she was taught to deal with it all.

I also wonder if she may have thought she was the only female child in the family they were raping. If so, she could have gone off the deep end upon her conversation with her cousin. If that scenario is plausible, then I can definitely understand why Chessie said Britt's a "lil fireball & would have confronted her Uncle Donnie". The biggest problem I have with that is this: Donnie wasn't the only rapist listed by her cousin - Dustin & Scott were named too.

So then consider this: Dustin lived right down the street from Chessie. Chessie said Donnie picked Britt up from down the street. Scott helped set up the searches. Scott also helped set up searches away from where the initial search was taking place. He based that on where the cell pinged at that early morning hour or something. This same guy that was just named in a FB conversation as a rapist was integral in setting up an organized search for Brittney. Pffffft...

From my outside perspective, all of them had motive but the 3 at the top of the list IMO are Donnie, Dustin & Scott.

i never thought she was malicious in this either, but then you look at the list you posted above and see all the different ages....who knows, they were raised and groomed this way IMO I DO NOT THINK SHE RAN AWAY --- I think she met w/ harm in the form of a JEALOUS aunt MOO

If BW were a victim in the videos/pictures/etc....could police release that information or no because she could have been a minor at the time of the crime? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne