AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - Definitely made me go hmmmmm. Talking maybe? Who knows.

If I remember correctly from reading about back at the time of the first arrests, Alabama has 2 steps to determine if there is sufficient evidence to proceed to trial, the preliminary hearing with the Judge and then a grand jury hearing. Doesn't necessarily mean more or different charges. Most states use one or the other. And obviously, the prosecution is only going to put on enough evidence where they feel confident it will move on to the next stage and won't put on all their evidence, even at a grand jury hearing.

Thank you so much. That is so interesting, as I had no idea about that. I think in my state Grand Juries are only used for special type cases. I dont think my state has 2 steps like that. Very interesting and it sounds like a good process.

Which of the charged pervs/perps are still allowed around their children / any child?

Or, are they all prohibited from being around their children / any child? TIA

Trying to find info on Scott. Hearing yesterday but no media reports? Would it show in court records?

Some women will look the other way to keep a man. A child may try to tell someone who is in such deep denial. Keep thinking about guys like Morgan being on a pedestal at home. :sigh:

Which of the charged pervs/perps are still allowed around their children / any child?

Or, are they all prohibited from being around their children / any child?
TIA

Chessie still has her 2 babies at home. the Hollands and Kents dont. Brownlee has no children under 18 that I have heard mention of. I have no idea about Cumbaa or Morgan

& they said 1 more arrest or more arrests to come? Bc I was sort of thinking 4 more...

Trying to find the exact stories but from what I heard/read more arrest in both Mobile and Baldwin counties

Chessie still has her 2 babies at home. the Hollands and Kents dont. Brownlee has no children under 18 that I have heard mention of. I have no idea about Cumbaa or Morgan

I wonder why CW wasn't/isn't restricted from being around her minor children? CW's charges sound similar to the others' who are restricted from being around minors.

It was Cumbaa's mother that cried out.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/11/prosecution_alleges_friends_fa.html

In the end, Judge York ruled there was sufficient evidence to bind all six defendants’ cases over to the grand jury for possible indictments. When York ruled on Cumbaa’s case, his mother, Martha Cumbaa, broke down in tears before, suddenly, standing up and calling Patterson an expletive.

She was ordered by York to stay in the courtroom after the hearing and eventually apologized after being appointed an attorney and learning of the seriousness of a contempt of court charge.

Sorry, guys. I was trying to get caught up and doing too many things at the same time. Everything should be back in order now. Thanks.

ETA: I've removed posts to avoid confusion for members who sign in later. I really apologize. I would've been taken aback, too. Didn't mean to do that you. :blushing:

Morgan doesn't want to be lumped in with the sex ring.

Prosecution alleges friends, family of Brittney Wood 'passed their children back and forth' for sex
http://blog.al.com/live/2013/11/prosecution_alleges_friends_fa.html

"In some of the scenarios recounted by the investigators, the alleged acts involved multiple defendants together. Households where the children said they were abused involved the Kent, Cumbaa and Morgan families, they said.

Attorney Jeff Deen, who is representing Nelton “Butch” Morgan, said there’s no reason his client should even be lumped in with the other defendants.

“Mr. Morgan is not part of this family, he’s not in some ring with anybody,” Deen said."

I took it to read that Wood comes from a family of 3 generations of child sex abuse...meaning Chessie since it was Chessie that the article was about.

& it takes a mighty nasty person to call their 9 year old granddaughter a liar in court going against the pig that raped her! Makes me ill!

Steph, here's the article in context. Read the whole thing. According to how this article is written, it's implied Chessie comes from 3 generations of sex abuse... They're talking about Chessie in the whole prelude up to that statement.

http://www.local15tv.com/template/c...ies/archive/2013/08/nSYBsN4u.xml#.UoVBN8u9KSN

Snipped:
Chessie is the mother of Brittney Wood, the teen mom last seen May 30 of last year. The judge also issued a no contact order. Chessie Wood is out on bail so Judge Jay York ordered that she have no contact with the alleged victim in this case, whether it be face to face, indirect or through social media. Prosecutors said Wood comes from a family with three generations of child abuse. In the courtroom as Chessie Wood took the stand, Cpl. Terri Hall testified that Wood and Wood's brother-in-law, the late Donald Holland, sexually abused <modsnip> when the child was between 8 and 10 years old.

OMG, I just read what Chessie is accused of doing!

Like everyone else, I didn't think I'd hear anything else that would really shock me. And I feel like I might vomit. Those poor children.

OMG, I just read what Chessie is accused of doing!

Duuuuude... Sickening, huh? That's what all the females did from what I read. Again, common denominator = Donnie. I'm even more sickened that this disgusting pervert was Brittney's favorite uncle.

All this makes me very sad for Brittney. She was in the middle of this bunch and was young, beautiful and nearly adult and may not have thought authorities were people who could help her. Look at the other female adults in this case and compare them to her. I'm so afraid she might have been Donny's favorite.......and everyone elses too. :(

Hmmm... Reading that article again makes me wonder exactly how much Chessie knew. Lets see here...

Chessie says Britt was picked up down the road on her way to see her Uncle Donnie.

Chessie repeatedly stuck up for her family, she never cut them off, even after the sex crimes coming to light.

Chessie is arrested in a sex crime that's also involving Donnie.

Chessie then says she thinks Donnie killed Brittney and Wendy knows where's she's at.

Chessie denies her charges but believes all of a sudden the others charged are valid.

Chessie still maintains Brittney found out about what was going on with Donnie & everyone else regarding the sex charges, and that she went to them to confront them (bc she's a fireball yada yada).

Chessie says she had no idea about these sex crimes until all this stuff started going down.

Mmmmmkay... That's believable how? I say it's convenient. How convenient she didn't know about the sex crimes that she was herself involved in? How convenient Chessie didn't even suspect anything, even though she'd been involved in an illegal sex act with a child that also involved Donnie? How crazy that she trusted Donnie with her daughter knowing full well he raped <modsnip>, after all Chessie was freaking there! Something is really off here...really REALLY REALLY off. :mad:

I want to know who taught Donnie to be this way. Was it his father? & I thought I read in the beginning that his family took in foster kids. I also remember reading that Wendy, Mendy & Chessie (idk about the other Wood siblings, don't remember)lived with his family for some time when they were younger. Anybody remember that? I'm curious to know their ages & the years they resided with their family.

Left this thread only to see this article I need to share. It seems almost an impossibility for a child to make it through childhood without being sexually molested in today's world.

We have been called upon to hear these stories and do more to protect the children of the world. Please, make it stop!

Nearly 400 children rescued and 348 adults arrested in Canadian child *advertiser censored* bust
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...nadian-child-*advertiser censored*-bust?lite=

"Among those arrested were 40 school teachers, nine doctors and nurses, six law enforcement personnel, nine pastors and priests and three foster parents, she said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx