AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remains ID'd:

Remains those of missing Jacksonville man. Dwight Martin.

Investigators said evidence found in his rental car, along with statements from the three suspects, led them to believe he was dead.

Jonathan and Joshua Nibbelink, both 33, and Gary Shepersky, 18, are charged with murder in what police called a drug deal gone bad.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/remain...-man/-/475880/23286394/-/ml9r9cz/-/index.html

While you're snarking over life without a NG show, allow me to request an update of your trainwreck post, Quester. :)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #9

4 to add. Yes, no, no, yes, no to your predicks plus Cumbaa and Morgan. Should be 12 when you're done, 11 suspects still alive.
I know I am posting a little more than usual, but I've never had my posts show up so close together ever in Brittney's threads. The quiet makes me a little anxious.

I'm here to snark about the NG show and life without it. Anybody wanna take me on? :giggle:

It's quiet for a little while, but after 11 arrests we know, at least this has been an ongoing investigation. My hope is that there's the investigation into the letters, and evidence is being collected. Could be another arrest(s) before the holidays? Some of these people must be talking.

Finding Brittney would answer the most important questions. What really happened?

Ellemo, srry on phone hard to quote & snip to address:
Yes Britteny was 9 when she said something to a youth pastor. Iirc. I imagined summer vacation bible school type thing, I never pictured cw to be the regular church goer. Yes I believe Derek said that. I've also read that there are victims that started when they were 3! IMO the inviroment started w/ the woods siblings proably even their mothers generation. Grandma's boyfriend maybe his brothers, cousins, friends, to abuse the currently charged & possibly their peer/cousins. Dh was brought into the mix when the girls were young. He had all 3 cw, wwh, & mhk, If not the others, rsw included. All this time the woods siblings are growing to adults, breeding their own future victims w/ the twins ending up w/ each other & dh & dk & jen moore. Friends join in imo they have drugs to trade. The abuse & brutal victimization of Brittney, her brothers, their cousins dh jr & wwh's kids. It does not end!! There are ones like Brittney that to that leap to dare utter a word to someone who actually looked at her w/ kindness & belived her. I think they've been beaten & threatend then drugged & fed drugs so that the drugs feel way better than the abuse. I'm sure most of the victims turned abusers all felt & knew this was wrong but were to afraid to speak out. This was love to some. Heck they seemed to get together more than my own family, now that I know why I'm fine w/ my few times a year food type hoilidays than I would want a woods type holiday.
Then we come around to the "golden nugget" Brittney. How imo had the misfortune to be the favoriite because of her beauty & charisma. But who now will forever be the one who showed me that people live this kind of hell, it exists evryday for some kids. She's also helping w/ her silence (for whatevr reason she is silent) to shut down as many of these habitual abusers in one fell swoop as possible. Imo the current victim would'nt feel as strongly as she did to speak if it wernt for Brittney. Either the strong 9 yr old Brittney or the now silenced young woman Brittney. Imo. Srry for the babble I just don't think this can be broken down into a few of the family, imo its alll of them, for many generations.
It is sad that a social worker type anyone didn't help or see more. I imagine if any of the victims were asked their immediate thought or physical feelings were first the drug withdrawls, then the ultimate physical punishment & possible family abandonment they were afraid of, so they said "no ma'am no sir I have no clue what your talking about." Then walk rght back I to the snake pit. Imo.

Also Ellemo I dont think these people are loyal to anyone. They all know how bad what they themselves have done to their own children. Thats moo why none of them is screaming about the abuse. Not even Brittney possibly being murdered is reason enough for her brothers or aunts or uncles or her own mother to scream about how wrong this crazy life is. Brittney has Steph & us. wwh's daughter's need someone to yell for them too.imo.

Also Ellemo I dont think these people are loyal to anyone. They all know how bad what they themselves have done to their own children. Thats moo why none of them is screaming about the abuse. Not even Brittney possibly being murdered is reason enough for her brothers or aunts or uncles or her own mother to scream about how wrong this crazy life is. Brittney has Steph & us. wwh's daughter's need someone to yell for them too.imo.

Yes, I agree. That is why I think it is highly likely Donnie probably killed her or Donnie & just one other person (probably wife) killed her. Because if several people were involved, I would think one of them would have started talking by now to get some sort of deal. Unless they all believe they can get away with this. It's so very sad. I am feel for these poor kids/ young adults who have to testify, but hope they can overcome this & break the cycle.

I personally don't believe Donnie killed Brittney or if he did he was definitely not alone. It would be so easy for these scums to get LE off their back for Brittney's disappearance if Donnie murdered Brittney by himself. He is dead. What reason could there be for these people to cover up a murder Donnie committed alone? These scums could attempt to use Donnie as the fall guy, but too much evidence can be used to prove a persons statement is false. DNA, cellphone triangulation, etc. In my opinion, if Donnie was involved in Brittney's murder, he was not alone because ALL the jail birds would be chirping.

this is one of many cases here that I don't know anything about as there are just TOO many to follow.

I read about this recent development via the daily mail and came here....

I just cannot ever get over the huge amount of sick people living amongst us in society who are involved in vile behaviors for years before they happen to get caught...if they ever do. How many more of these vile people are living around us unaccounted for? Too many.

Trust no one. Question everything and everyone. Ugh.

I would really like to know how LE's take on Brittney's disappearance went from voluntary missing to probably deceased.

I don't think it was a stategy to catch the perp at first - police honestly seemed to think Brittney was in hiding. As we now know she had been avoiding them, that belief seems more reasonable in retrospect.

So was it just the letters that have surfaced that led to them making such a U turn? It can't be just because Brittney hasn't returned, as plenty of voluntary missing manage to avoid detection for years.

We don't know when police first saw the letters, but I can't help thinking there is something more - maybe Brittney confided in someone and they finally came forward and spoke to police. I wish we knew why LE now thinks Brittney is dead, because that might provide a clue to who, and then where that who might have taken her.

I guess nothing will be revealed until this lot and any others are safely under lock and key though, as there has got to be some risk to any witnesses while any of them are still free, in my opinion.

It has even crossed my mind that it might turn out to be a very young child who has provided information about what happened to Brittney - and maybe not even knowing that's what they were doing.

This excerpt from the article jumped out at me:
The arrests are linked to missing mother-of-one Brittney Wood, 19,who hasn’t been seen since she left her Theodore home, just outside Mobile, to visit her uncle, Donnie Holland, in the Styx River area, on Thursday May 31, 2012.
She was last seen in a car with Holland at Tillman's Corner.

Either way, this is just shoddy writing, as she can't have been last seen twice. But which is accurate?

It's entirely possible I'm misremembering facts, but I thought that the last time she was allegedly seen was at her home by CW and that the last phone ping was in the Tillman's Corner area. Was she actually seen in the car with DH and, if so, by who? I apologize if I'm just confused/misremembering something, but this struck me as new information, if it is accurate.

ETA: fixed formatting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice try. It might get her meds but seriously doubt it will get her out of this mess. She knew what she was doing.

I don't think these pleadings are to try to avoid responsibility via an insanity plea or anything of the sort. Even if it is found she is currently suffering from some sort of diminished capacity, it wouldn't change the fact that she was taking her medications and aware of her actions at the time of the alleged crimes. As was intimated, it will probably only get her the meds she claims she needs and at worst case, it would delay a trial for her so she could get on her meds and fully understand and assist in her trial. No big deal filing.

I don't think these pleadings are to try to avoid responsibility via an insanity plea or anything of the sort. Even if it is found she is currently suffering from some sort of diminished capacity, it wouldn't change the fact that she was taking her medications and aware of her actions at the time of the alleged crimes. As was intimated, it will probably only get her the meds she claims she needs and at worst case, it would delay a trial for her so she could get on her meds and fully understand and assist in her trial. No big deal filing.

I completely agree. As someone who takes daily psych meds and who went through numerous trials and errors to find the correct medication and dosage to reach a consistent, regulated state (which is a common experience), I too would be fighting to get access to my prescriptions if they were being withheld while I was incarcerated. The state of mental health care in most correctional institutions notoriously leaves much to be desired. Despite my general feelings about this woman, I really believe that THIS piece of the saga is nothing more than an honest attempt to get the medical care to which she is entitled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has even crossed my mind that it might turn out to be a very young child who has provided information about what happened to Brittney - and maybe not even knowing that's what they were doing.

I have a feeling they might
know what happened have u noticed how quiet
It's become?

Remember, until recently, none of us knew about the letters. We still don't know the full extent of info in these letters.

Brittney supposedly wrote a letter and gave it to someone in the event something happened to her. If true, this means Brittney was worried about being questioned, and maybe worried for her life, before events started happening. It explains why she'd be a golden nugget.

We also learned that some people in the family/sex ring got word that Brittney had info that, if shared, would drag more of them into legal trouble. It seems some people wanted to stop her from talking. The discovery of these letters may have changed the entire investigation, IMO.

What it means to me is that some people may have been out to silence Brittney.

We've come a long way from the simple story that Donnie's "suicide" had nothing to do with Brittney disappearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz