AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Brittney willingly gave custody to babe's dad, and later it was stamped by the courts. Her child was not removed or taken from her care, as far as I can recollect. Someone else will know for sure.

I think that Brittney willingly gave custody to babe's dad, and later it was stamped by the courts. Her child was not removed or taken from her care, as far as I can recollect. Someone else will know for sure.

This is correct, based on what Steph (Britt's step mom) has told us.

It is really depressing for me that one of the things Chessie said struck me as being true - it was a tiny detail that would be hard to come up with as a lie. It's about the Styxx river area being full of old shoes and items of clothing. I've noticed that myself, near rivers and especially the sea.

It does mean that anything less than a perfectly accurate description of what Brittney was wearing/carrying is pretty useless. And even then, it might be impossible to pick out any items of hers from among the other items laying about.

Having said that, what Brittney was last wearing might still be on her now. If someone hurt her though, I think they might have disposed of her bag separately, as they would have wanted her phone and any cash and maybe keys/papers. They may have forced her to reveal where she had hidden her letter and who she sent it to, as well. I'd be interested to know if any homes where Brittney stayed experienced a break-in shortly after her disappearance. Especially if the usual valuables weren't taken.

I'm just thinking of it in terms of events; if someone killed Brittney their number one priority would be to hide her body, and they would be unlikely to spare time to root through her bag first. Number two priority would be to take anything they wanted from her bag, then get rid of the rest.

Somewhere on an illegal trash dump on the RETURN journey to the perp's home, I think Brittney's looted bag is still there. I also think there may have been enough dumbness around that some of her items may have been kept in someone's home. Sadly though, the only people who could identify them with any certainty can't be relied upon, in my opinion.

It may seem unbelievable that anyone would steal a few dollars from a deceased girl's bag, or keep a few trinkets/items that took their fancy, but I wouldn't put anything past a person/people capable of harming a 19-year-old, with her whole life ahead of her.

Thanks y'all re: Payton living with her dad.

Anyway, my reason for asking was I was wondering if B was trying to protect P from her evil family or another reason. Or several reasons. Something we'll never know.

Does anyone know how long before B's disappearance that P went to live with her dad?

Chessie didn't really search till she was pushed into it!
And her Bucket brigade was a laugh!

As I see it she has known all along Her Daughter left the area!
I still do not believe she is deceased!

Chessie is the last to see BW.
Just because a cell pings does not mean the person is with that phone!
If DH did not die would we be looking for BW?
DH's death set off a chain reaction!
I for one do not believe anything CW says!

Who is the last NON FAMILY member to see her and when?

Not sure if this will help at all, however BW's father spoke to her on the phone on May 29. (not text) Now, he is also her family, I'm not sure if you are asking about all her family or her mother's side of her family. Other than that I know she was seen on May 12th. Does that help?

I have a question, if a battery from a cell is missing, wouldn't the cell simply act as if the battery was dead? I could never understand why anyone would keep the battery and get rid of the cell. It could have been removed quietly and BW thinking she just needed to charge her phone. The gun (if it was her gun) could have been removed without her knowledge also. If all this was done, BW wouldn't be concerned about going for a walk or ride with a relative, aunt or whomever.

So, baby Payton has been living with her father since long before B vanished? If so was this court ordered?

Yes. To clear it up before it makes its way back to the thread.
The child was paternity tested at 6 months. The paternity established and most of her life was spent with her father, although he did not have full legal custody until prior to her disappearance. I believe 9 months before she vanished. Brittney's stepmother and biological father along with the entire paternal side of the family - have a strong relationship with the child. She is well cared for and loved by all and thankfully kept away from the Woods.

I know someone here knows more exact dates.

I do not say this to be crude but the truth is, while Brittney did love her daughter, the love was immature and not protective ALL the time. She lost custody for a reason, she wasn't fit to be a full-time mother. That doesn't mean she couldn't have regained custody or gotten life together later on, but at that time - she was circling the drain with many things - her mind elsewhere. Age has nothing to do with it, but then again everything - when you yourself weren't mothered and have nothing to base mothering on.

Thanks y'all re: Payton living with her dad.

Anyway, my reason for asking was I was wondering if B was trying to protect P from her evil family or another reason. Or several reasons. Something we'll never know.

Does anyone know how long before B's disappearance that P went to live with her dad?

I didnt' see this before I posted *doh!* Hope I did answer some of your questions :)

She didn't give her up, she lost custody but agreed to her going to the father. I do not believe she did so to protect her from this family behavior - it was normal there. Too normal. Which is why a lot of us don't buy into her confronting Donnie.

Posts about P's custody from verified insider BrittsStepMom - (BBM)

At the time Brittneys world as she had known it seemed to be falling apart. Her and Andy were no longer together, she had no job no vehicle no true home. She was bouncing from Wally's mom's to friends houses to her own mom's house. Wally's mom's house was the most stable she knew and that was nothing but a party house no enviroment for Payton on the dailey plus his mom was losing her house to foreclousure. Yes Wally and I helped where we could but I work a full time job and have 2 children of my own one of which is autistic. Brittney had traffic warrants for not paying tickets and was worried about who would keep Payton if she had to serve any time. Andy on the other hand has his grandmother that doesn't work and could stay with her all the time while Andy works plus they both have transportation to take her where need be (Dr. appts and such). He and I had talked about it before and she knew they would allow her to be in her life and hopefully things could get better for Brittney and she could get her back. IDK if it can be reversed or not, but IMO knowing what we know now this could have been her plan along to keep Payton safe from the Wood clan

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9556154&postcount=600

I need to clear up some confusion that I was alerted to. Seems I made a date error.

Brittney gave up Payton in Aug 2011 and AH was given FULL custody in April 2012 by the courts.

So for the record it was 9 months before she disappeared that Payton went to live with AH and his grandparents.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9976232&postcount=650

Thanks Lash!

Also, I took screen shots of "memorial" footage that Andrew Perez shot/interviewed of Chessie. I made sure to take a screen capture of before Chessie wiped away a tear and after. She never once cried. not once. not even once.

Also, note who is there.

I included what I felt was interesting.

v3m4ya.png

k9ywd1.png

oqep77.png

10oi4ue.png

& also the gun supposedly used.

2ptw4mc.png

and of course...

the mound of dirt that she painted with the dates on it. As if her daughter is dead and not alive and may come home.
k9j1ih.png

I posted these photos because we all know how vital press conferences are and how charged emotionally they can be. We watch for reactions, true tears and raw feelings. I noticed none of this with Chessie, just her motion to wipe away, sound sad and yet her face had no indication of crying. no red nose, no swollen eyes.. nothing. Oh and no wetness from tears either. You would expect something like this at a memorial.

Also, Mendy is there and I thought Wendy was too but I couldn't spot her. I chose to block out the faces of those that might not want to be associated forever with her.

Thanks, Astrokitty. I was studying that exact clip the other day. Is it possible for you to give us a L to R, who is who, in the PL? I'm still not that familar with the faces of some of the names I'm so familar with. TIA. I can only name with certainty 3 of the 5, and always get some of the aunt's on both sides mixed up.

Thanks, Astrokitty. I was studying that exact clip the other day. Is it possible for you to give us a L to R, who is who, in the PL? I'm still not that familar with the faces of some of the names I'm so familar with. TIA. I can only name with certainty 3 of the 5, and always get some of the aunt's on both sides mixed up.

I wish I could but I'd get it wrong normally, and right now I'm on a ton of meds and pain killers for this stupid swine flu (who knew you'd get liquid vicodin for swine flu!). I'm spelling everything wrong and just watched the video "tom the terrible turkey" on youtube for like .. ever and almost died from cough/laughing.

I can tell you that Paul is there next to Chessie, chessie's young kids - which I believe Mendy is holding one of. I THINK Sonya (the other sister) is also there. The rest are people on facebook and also a family that have or had a son who was missing. For their sake I omitted their faces from the photos.

I really thought that Wendy was there and RSW (being the guy next to Mendy). Someone here will have to verify that though.

Thank you all re: Payton's custody info. I'm not being lazy, by the way. I've searched for this info and any other questions I have, but I'm...ahem...challenged in the message board search department. Thank you all for being patient!

Thanks, the man was the most curious to me. Looks like he has a moustache to go with the bald spot, but I don't see a resemblance to RSW, but could be. Will keep that possibility in mind and try to compare with the photos that are available. TY again.

For navigational purposes, the Brittney Wood tag at the bottom brings up all related threads, including the PL, timeline/media, case facts, prior discussion, all but threads #1 and #2.
The Brittney Nicole Wood tag will bring up #1 and #2 but not all the others.

Mom: Derek Wood wanted to see little brother

Mom: Derek Wood wanted to see little brother - YouTube

I missed this one when it aired. TJ speaks.

When Derek violated his bond/probation/parole/monitoring/whatever and was eluding arrest, a meth house bust and all kinds of other stuff/persons were mentioned in press as a result of the search for Derek. I think even KlaasKids searched the meth house area after that escapade. Dozier Lane for the meth house if I have details correct. This is from memory from recent reviews.

We know from the prior discussion, or do we? that Chessie drove Derek (or the brother, forget which) to this house to meet his brother before turning himself in. Street signs are visible to the location of this house of a family member that is still considered a victim and not discussable openly.

But, it takes me back to this generational view again. Was this person at that memorial? Does anyone have information on who all was living with Chessie and her spouse and her adult children on 5.30.2012? Was there any other babysitter option available before she "asked Britt to babysit?"

And is there any information to back a distant memory that there has on occasion been the same or other adult family member living at Dustin and Mendy's address when they lived near Chessie's house? TIA

Does anyone think the man on the far right resembles Brownlee? Look at the ears and hairline. There is also a tattoo on their right forearm. I included a pix of his mugshot. Brownlee was arrested in June, 2012, but he was out on bond during the memorial in 2013. If this is him, was he allowed around children at the time? Whomever it is, they are standing right next to Mendy holding Chessies's toddler.

ETA - changed to a more recent mugshot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 15
For navigational purposes, the Brittney Wood tag at the bottom brings up all related threads, including the PL, timeline/media, case facts, prior discussion, all but threads #1 and #2.
The Brittney Nicole Wood tag will bring up #1 and #2 but not all the others.
I took care of that, KateB. Now the tag will turn up all 11 discussion threads, plus the others.

awesome, Bessie. TY. That has been only one of the frustrating things on my re-read. Now still trying to read side by side 2 unmergable threads the history of this case created. Hope I"m not tiptoeing too loudly, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member