AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am a little confused as to why a victim who had been victimized on video years prior would then "confide" recent rapes by the same perpetrators to a person as if they were revealing a secret to Britt when Britt likely knew that the victim reaching out had been a victim, had continued to be a victim and was still a victim. Something off about it.

Are we certain the victim in the video is the same as the victim in the Facebook exchange?

I can see two reasons where this exchange is real. The first is if Brittney thought that all the abuse was over with. Maybe once she brought the grandmother's boyfriend to trial she was no longer victimized and was told that it had ended and recently found out that that the abuse was indeed occurring. Very unlikely but in the realm of possibilities.

The other would be a little more likely: That this victim was someone Brittney was trying to protect from abuse and found out that this was not the case. Some older siblings will agree to abuse in order to protect a younger one. Perhaps Brittney had tried to protect a younger cousin and found out in this Facebook exchange that this cousin was being abused anyway.

I can't imagine a victim writing that info on such a public forum as Facebook. But who knows, maybe that was intentional, as kind of a sideways way of exposing them. Or maybe B had put out feelers or said something......oh, this could go on and on. I haven't had enough coffee yet to think this deeply.

We're seeing Facebook's private messaging system in the video. It wasn't public and we didn't get this information for many months after Brittney went missing. I still am a little vague on exactly when and how the information was found, which confuses me. Did LE supoena Facebook or the residence computer if using a desktop device to get the information, or did FOX10 get the information first from family members allowing access to devices Brittney had used, or did LE get the information from the victim's side of the communication. IDK.

Are we certain the victim in the video is the same as the victim in the Facebook exchange?

I can see two reasons where this exchange is real. The first is if Brittney thought that all the abuse was over with. Maybe once she brought the grandmother's boyfriend to trial she was no longer victimized and was told that it had ended and recently found out that that the abuse was indeed occurring. Very unlikely but in the realm of possibilities.

The other would be a little more likely: That this victim was someone Brittney was trying to protect from abuse and found out that this was not the case. Some older siblings will agree to abuse in order to protect a younger one. Perhaps Brittney had tried to protect a younger cousin and found out in this Facebook exchange that this cousin was being abused anyway.

This possibility resonates and was one I had not considered. I have experienced first hand the length an older sibling will go to in order to protect younger kids in the home/family. The martyring of self in order to feel they are protecting those younger weaker is familiar to me.

I think that FB exchange was prompted by law enforcement

We're seeing Facebook's private messaging system in the video. It wasn't public and we didn't get this information for many months after Brittney went missing. I still am a little vague on exactly when and how the information was found, which confuses me. Did LE supoena Facebook or the residence computer if using a desktop device to get the information, or did FOX10 get the information first from family members allowing access to devices Brittney had used, or did LE get the information from the victim's side of the communication. IDK.

Doh. I realized that after I posted. I'm also of an old enough generation that I'm somewhat suspicious of using technology for very personal things whereas this victim's generation probably isn't.

My guess is LE got the info from the victim/writer of the message first. I would imagine they asked the victim if he/she had told anyone else at any time or the victim volunteered this info. B's vanishing may be the catalyst for the victim coming forward. He/she may have thought they were next on the hit list, especially if the victim and B discussed possibly coming forward. If they're the same victim, that is.

Maybe I've read too much true crime, but if I told someone a secret like that and then they vanished I'd be paranoid the same thing was going to happen to me.

I can't imagine a victim writing that info on such a public forum as Facebook. But who knows, maybe that was intentional, as kind of a sideways way of exposing them. Or maybe B had put out feelers or said something......oh, this could go on and on. I haven't had enough coffee yet to think this deeply.

I agree and do not believe It was the victim doing the talking
But I do think it was Brit that was online responding.

I'm guilty of weaving some good theories that I don't share. :) Here's one that I use to lighten my mood - That strange single ping from Britt's phone in another area an hour after she left Styx River could be the twins disposing of the phone. One says I can't see the thingy to take the battery out. One says, well turn a light on. and then says DUH! I didn't mean the phone light. IDK, just all kinds of things could have caused that. In that video or another, FOX10 even theorizes it is a delayed ping of some sort.

Today I'm convinced the exchange is authentic. I sort of documented my thought process in the PL as it doesn't stay limited to our 12 perps.

They need to take polys and the kids need DNA testing.
I want to know who all fathered these kids!

I don't think a DNA test on the kids is required, I mean - seriously. Who are you even hinting towards that wouldn't be who they supposedly belong to?

I lean towards the messages being authentic, at least from the victim writing to Brittney. I do question whether Brittney is the person responding. I can see why many believe the messages could have been bait and I agree it is feasible. I just don't believe this group is that smart. I mean LE found handwritten letters. Why would anyone keep these letters to leave around as evidence, talk about stupidity. Although, I am thankful for their stupidity because the letters imo have helped seal their fate and support the victims stories.

Also, I don't think we can conclude the victim writing the FB messages is the same victim seen in the video with Brittney. There are many victims in this case, including Donnie Jr and Derek. Correct me if I am wrong, but we don't know who is seen in the video with Brittney. IIRC, LE did not reveal the other victim in the video.

I really despise using the word victim. This group of monsters may have had control at one time, but thank goodness that time has ended. I would much rather use the word survivor because that is what they are now. Survivors who are now holding the reigns. God bless the survivors!

I almost alway use the word survivor. If you look back at my posts through out until 2 weeks ago - only the word survivor. AND THEN the angry inboxes began. I can't please anyone. :banghead:

I don't think a DNA test on the kids is required, I mean - seriously. Who are you even hinting towards that wouldn't be who they supposedly belong to?

I'm lost in generations. I'm working on how did Cumbaa marry into the Holland family. I don't think he married a niece.

I'm lost in generations. I'm working on how did Cumbaa marry into the Holland family. I don't think he married a niece.

I don't know. I suck at sleuthing and just follow trails and crumbs others give me. Some people are very good with generational finds and things of that nature.

I think the "dna on the kids" was more meant for those who are 21 and under that we personally know of.

I don't know. I suck at sleuthing and just follow trails and crumbs others give me. Some people are very good with generational finds and things of that nature.

I think the "dna on the kids" was more meant for those who are 21 and under that we personally know of.

Exactly, and I'm working on the kids of the elders who are now the perps. How many more are there?
Have you looked at Cumbaa's relative Facebook say since 12.14?

Exactly, and I'm working on the kids of the elders who are now the perps. How many more are there?
Have you looked at Cumbaa's relative Facebook say since 12.14?

I have not. I kinda keep tabs on the immediate family because they are known to talk or get upset and run at the mouth and then delete. I guess my interest is more simple, just the aspect of brittney herself. If I tried to get more complicated than that my head would spin

We'll we know who the mothers are! Why would u be appalled
By DNA testing ? We have a family of Incestious child molesters what
Are the odds DH was with Chessie too

We'll we know who the mothers are! Why would u be appalled
By DNA testing ? We have a family of Incestious child molesters what
Are the odds DH was with Chessie too

chill out. I'm sure Donald was with Chessie - like 90% sure. That doesn't mean that the older 3 are his. I don't know why you're taking offense to this...

See everyone later.

Tempers are flaring, we are all frustrated wanting action, resolution Brittney found.

Add to that the fact that this is a triggery topic for some to follow, those who were victims/survivors/victors of their own childhood sexual assault traumas have every right to assign whatever terms they select to the experience.

Lets all take a breath and regroup. Our irritation is best focused on the adults who perpetrated this long term abuse upon their own minor family members and not one another.

Hang in there guys. I am feeling oogy as this is a triggery topic for me. I try to remember to take a deep breath and let the others posts sink in for a second before reacting in case I myself am reading more into them than are there.

:grouphug:

chill out. I'm sure Donald was with Chessie - like 90% sure. That doesn't mean that the older 3 are his. I don't know why you're taking offense to this...

See everyone later.

????
Your taking my comments wrong you asks me what I was hinting
At and I'm not hinting at anything I just feel there could very well
Be questions on paternity

:truce: I feel that way too. :cup::cup: :coffeecup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member