AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess she will be bonded out soonish- if this wasn't an option, she wouldn't have applied for a lower bond, but I am encouraged, (perhaps falsely) by the time passing between the amount being lowered, and JM walking out the door. I'm hoping this is indicative of some reluctance on her families part to cough up the cash!

What happens if someone bails JM out on bond, and then the grand jury decides to move forward? Do they re-arrest her? Does she get a new bond amount? I imagine she can't stay anywhere with children, and her release will be an awkward situation for family members.

BBM

http://fox10tv.com/2014/02/10/sex-abuse-suspect-granted-10k-bond/

"The judge sent Moore’s case to a grand jury, but also lowered her bond from 100-thousand to $10,000. Moore will have to wear an ankle monitor if she makes bond."

I can't help but wonder if Jenny's family made the choice to use whatever money they have, to help take care of her children instead of bailing her out of jail. It's the choice I would make. moo

With a bond amount so low I would think your typical bail bondsman would be able to front her the money so long as she could just list something as collateral. My understanding is they charge interest if they supply the funds for bail so they actually like to supply the money for people to get them out. They do need something of collateral though and maybe she doesnt have something worth that much.

I think she would only need to borrow 1,000 from the bail bondsman if its 10% of 10,000 which is 5000 each if I remember it right. The collateral part would have to be something worth 10,000

I can't help but wonder if Jenny's family made the choice to use whatever money they have, to help take care of her children instead of bailing her out of jail. It's the choice I would make. moo

Me too!

Been out of the loop for a bit and haven't caught up, so not sure if this answers any questions, but after reading this page, once a bond is set the defendant can file a motion with trial judge asking that the bond amount be reduced. I think in nearly every case surrounding Brittney so far, the bonds have been reduced by the trial judge. I would imagine if that is denied by the trial judge, the defendant would have the right to appeal that immediately, though I'm not familiar with Alabama law.

On another note, earlier on in this case we were talking about what, if any, role a famous college football player could play in Brittney's case. Mind you, this player is tangentially related to Brittney but directly related to some involved in this case. Well, here is an example. In my state, a young girl just went missing. HIGH SCHOOL players from my state who have committed to play football at the University I follow have been tweeting her missing poster even though they have NO relation to her. They might have a 2,000 followers but it's getting the word out. This famous football player...270,000 followers. A simple tweet with her missing poster could have reached 270,000 people instantly not to mention any re-tweets. I'm not saying he had a legal or even a moral obligation to do something so simple, but I will say I wish there were more human beings like those high school football players with no connection than that famous football player with some sort of connection.

Bumping Brittney off the 2nd page.
Hoping a light shines on her this next few days.

Bumping Brittney off second page.

Jordynsmommy, not sure on trial dates. Someone will come along with that info. I like thinking about the peeps already incarcerated, just sitting there for the time being. I'm sure the twins have other woman around them hating them for what they are accused of doing being that possibly alot of these grown women were once abused children themselves. I hope they are harassed endlessly.

On another note, earlier on in this case we were talking about what, if any, role a famous college football player could play in Brittney's case. Mind you, this player is tangentially related to Brittney but directly related to some involved in this case. Well, here is an example. In my state, a young girl just went missing. HIGH SCHOOL players from my state who have committed to play football at the University I follow have been tweeting her missing poster even though they have NO relation to her. They might have a 2,000 followers but it's getting the word out. This famous football player...270,000 followers. A simple tweet with her missing poster could have reached 270,000 people instantly not to mention any re-tweets. I'm not saying he had a legal or even a moral obligation to do something so simple, but I will say I wish there were more human beings like those high school football players with no connection than that famous football player with some sort of connection.

SBM.
But I doubt that the missing girl from your state has family members who have been arrested for sex crimes against children. If the circumstances were different, this college football player would probably have gotten the word out about his "cousin." IMO, the sex crimes are what held him back. I don't blame him either. I wouldn't want to associate myself with a family of pedophiles.

SBM.
But I doubt that the missing girl from your state has family members who have been arrested for sex crimes against children. If the circumstances were different, this college football player would probably have gotten the word out about his "cousin." IMO, the sex crimes are what held him back. I don't blame him either. I wouldn't want to associate myself with a family of pedophiles.

It was a long time after she went missing before the first person was arrested. Why wasn't it done then? My only guess is he or his family already had a fair idea of what was coming down the road. Which on one had, I don't blame them for not wanting to be associated and it's one more way the predators hurt their victims. On the other hand, if he and his family knew about it and that's why they didn't even tweet a missing poster, then that tells me about their character that they knew this crap was going on and nothing was done to stop it.

Also, this college player isn't technically a relative of Brittney's. Maybe in his mind (or the minds of his PR people), he didn't feel it was important or what not. He also may not have known Brittney was missing right away. Like I said, he never really knew Brittney and he may have only found out she was missing after the crap hit the fan with the sex crimes. Whatever the reasons were, we'll never know and after so much time having passed already, there's not a whole lot that can be done. It's sad, really. It shouldn't matter what the family dynamics are. Getting the word out is important in these cases. A young girl is missing and someone, somewhere (IMO, someone in the Wood/Holland clan) knows what happened.

Page 3... I don't think so.

I know there isn't much chatter but Brittney remains on my mind.

Also, this college player isn't technically a relative of Brittney's. Maybe in his mind (or the minds of his PR people), he didn't feel it was important or what not. He also may not have known Brittney was missing right away. Like I said, he never really knew Brittney and he may have only found out she was missing after the crap hit the fan with the sex crimes. Whatever the reasons were, we'll never know and after so much time having passed already, there's not a whole lot that can be done. It's sad, really. It shouldn't matter what the family dynamics are. Getting the word out is important in these cases. A young girl is missing and someone, somewhere (IMO, someone in the Wood/Holland clan) knows what happened.

He actually did know Brittney. But he and his Mom, who was also in the spotlight with her son, dreaded the news about Dustin Kent getting out. They wanted to distance themselves from the whole thing...so that's what they did.

Today's Jail Report
:bump:
Baldwin County - In Jail http://bcsonline.co.baldwin.al.us/smartweb/jail.aspx
Moore, Jennifer
Wood, Derek
Mobile County - In Jail http://www.mobileso.com/whos-in-jail/
Holland, Wendy Wood
Kent, Mendy Wood
Kent, Dustin
Morgan, Nelton "Butch"
Brownlee, William "Bill"

Not In Mobile County Jail or Baldwin County Jail
Holland Jr, Donald "Paul"
Wood, Chessie
Cumbaa, James
Wood, Scott

:gthanks: KateB

BBM I needed to be reminded of who's in and who's out.

Hmm...I sure have questions about certain people and their role in the disappearance of Brittney. Waiting for the results into the investigation of whether Donald Sr. actually committed suicide. I sure hope we can see this through to some answers.

Happy to see that JM's friends and family haven't rushed in to pay the decreased bond.

The more I think about it, the more I don't believe DH Sr. committed suicide...his "suicide" and Brittney's disappearance are definitely connected!

I wish the whole dang clan was in jail right now!!

The more I think about it, the more I don't believe DH Sr. committed suicide...his "suicide" and Brittney's disappearance are definitely connected!

I wish the whole dang clan was in jail right now!!

When I first heard of Brittney missing and DH committing suicide I looked the people up on FB and it was WWH's comments that eventually led me to WS. You could tell from her comments that something was not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx