AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe Britt could have been the key to arresting Donald but I don't think she wanted to be
In that situation it appears she was avoiding them. She knew they were looking to question her.
I still think a she left on her own .

I do believe Britt could have been the key to arresting Donald but I don't think she wanted to be
In that situation it appears she was avoiding them. She knew they were looking to question her.

I agree with you but would add the following bit to your final sentence which is in quotes below:
"I still think a she left on her own", and if she did she may not have reached
her intended destination nor in the state she would have preferred. JMO

We do not know that she was aware they were looking to question her. Scott and Dustin didn't know they were named by the victims until that first arrest. I can tell you that cw didn't know they wanted to talk to Britt we were all together at that first LE meeting when they told us. Why would they tell cw and us if they had cw her prior? Both BC and Mobile was in that meeting.

We do not know that she was aware they were looking to question her. Scott and Dustin didn't know they were named by the victims until that first arrest. I can tell you that cw didn't know they wanted to talk to Britt we were all together at that first LE meeting when they told us. Why would they tell cw and us if they had cw her prior? Both BC and Mobile was in that meeting.

If it turns out DH met with foul play, I do wonder if certain people may have just wrongly assumed that DH was going to tell LE on them. Certain individuals may have panicked knowing DH was about to meet up with LE.

And if those individual(s) did something to DH then maybe they just lumped Brittney in with him and decided to take her out too. Or somehow they felt she would know that they were responsible for DH death and they felt they had to get rid of her too.

I just hope the truth comes out soon because she needs to be found.
I would love to hear that she just ran away although I would have thought by now she would feel safe enough to talk to someone if she was still alive somewhere. I wish I had more hope than I do right now.

Ive been trying to figure out what evidence that LE could be testing from the vehicle. The only thing I can come up with is testing of some blood. As bad as that sounds it is all I can come up with.

Steph, I sure don't want to sound argumentative but I'm trying to figure out how Scott didn't know he was named, as it was reported that he spoke to LE in Feb, before any arrests. And the family knew Donnie had been questioned although he denied any wrong doing.

And those Wendy letters and the messages to Brittney on Facebook? I'm so confused. :facepalm:

The victim in Scott's first arrest came forward after Donnie's death, though. I've always believed what he went to LE in Feb was not the same thing he was arrested for.

Although we know the FB exchange was May 27, 2012, we've never known when the rape by Brittney's three uncles occurred. I've always gotten the impression it was a very recent event and not the same situation that Scott went to LE in Feb for. It's the only way I could reconcile that he probably didn't expect to be arrested himself when he was.

The victim in Scott's first arrest came forward after Donnie's death, though. I've always believed what he went to LE in Feb was not the same thing he was arrested for.

Although we know the FB exchange was May 27, 2012, we've never known when the rape by Brittney's three uncles occurred. I've always gotten the impression it was a very recent event and not the same situation that Scott went to LE in Feb for. It's the only way I could reconcile that he probably didn't expect to be arrested himself when he was.

Good points KateB. The investigation was at least three months. And the victims were already removed from their homes? Mendy is mentioned in the Wendy letters. Maybe no one told her?

"June 19, 2012: Brittney Wood's uncles, Randall "Scott" Wood and Dustin Kent, are arrested and charged with sodomy after nearly three months of investigations in south Baldwin County. Kent is also charged with rape while Scott Wood is charged with sexual abuse and incest."

"Aug. 16, 2012: Derek Wood, Scott Holland and Brownlee appear in a Baldwin County Circuit Court for a hearing in their sex abuse charges. A BCSO sheriff's investigator testifies a girl told deputies in January 2011 -- when the girl was 12 years old -- that the three men had sex with her.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/05/timeline_the_search_for_brittn.html

Ive been trying to figure out what evidence that LE could be testing from the vehicle. The only thing I can come up with is testing of some blood. As bad as that sounds it is all I can come up with.

Me too. I can't think of anything else that could prove a murder. Trace evidence ie hair, fibers, fingerprints could be explained by Brittney previously being in the vehicle, but that's not enough to prove foul play. Even a small amount of blood could be explained.

I suppose evidence that she was shot? Bone particulate.

Good points KateB. The investigation was at least three months. And the victims were already removed from their homes? Mendy is mentioned in the Wendy letters. Maybe no one told her?

"June 19, 2012: Brittney Wood's uncles, Randall "Scott" Wood and Dustin Kent, are arrested and charged with sodomy after nearly three months of investigations in south Baldwin County. Kent is also charged with rape while Scott Wood is charged with sexual abuse and incest."

"Aug. 16, 2012: Derek Wood, Scott Holland and Brownlee appear in a Baldwin County Circuit Court for a hearing in their sex abuse charges. A BCSO sheriff's investigator testifies a girl told deputies in January 2011 -- when the girl was 12 years old -- that the three men had sex with her.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/05/timeline_the_search_for_brittn.html

BBM - al.com typo'd that should be Paul Holland.

With so many victims, these 3 are not the same 3 in the FB exchange and are not the same thing Scott alerted on? IDK!

KateB! You are so right. Dear me.

"Randall Scott Wood, 42, was arrested for sodomy and incest after police received information from a juvenile on June 19."

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-strange-case-of-missing-brittney-wood

Still, I have the same questions. What could he have possibly alerted on that he didn't expect to be arrested himself? I'm perpetually processing that one and still can't come up with anything other than a slight hope that he is taking all of the abusers out and sacrificing himself. But I can't even believe that one.

Reminder: His set of charges that include rape (10/22/2013) do not include incest.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*
So if one of his charges is for the accusation made in the FB exchange, it is the one in the 10/22/2013 Sweep.

Still, I have the same questions. What could he have possibly alerted on that he didn't expect to be arrested himself? I'm perpetually processing that one and still can't come up with anything other than a slight hope that he is taking all of the abusers out and sacrificing himself. But I can't even believe that one.

I don't know about sex crimes, but as far as narc's go ... if the police believe the person can get the bigger fish in the pond, they hold off on arresting them while the narc wears a wire and makes a tight case in order to search/seize and arrest. After that the narc is usually arrested to either save face (and can continue being an informant) or because they deserve to be arrested too. The bail is typically set really low and they get released to help with the investigation or as part of their plea.

Me too. I can't think of anything else that could prove a murder. Trace evidence ie hair, fibers, fingerprints could be explained by Brittney previously being in the vehicle, but that's not enough to prove foul play. Even a small amount of blood could be explained.

Since we don't know at this time what vehicle LE is testing, it could be a vehicle in which the owner stated Brittney was never inside. Or, evidence of Brittney inside a trunk of a vehicle.

The more pieces of a puzzle investigators find, the more clearer the picture.

I don't think in the beginning, LE had any evidence of a crime committed towards Brittney. However, now after investigating, LE believes Brittney is a victim of a crime and no longer living. Something lead LE to this theory, now they need to prove it in a court of law. I'm thinking they must have had enough evidence or someone is talking in order to get a warrant for the vehicle.

Or a bullet fragment holding BW's DNA.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01369787

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members