AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brittney Wood Detectives: wait on forensics results, sources “close to case” talking
By walaletishabushUpdated: Friday, May 30, 2014, 8:10 pm
Published: Friday, May 30, 2014, 2:11 pm

Officer Jeff Corley is one of the investigators in Mobile working on the case. “Ultimately I believe she was murdered. But we are going to have to eventually find her body or have someone come forward as a witness to that,” said Corely.
Can anyone link a statement to the contrary that trumps this one from an investigator who is privy to all of the case facts?

Which ones had the most to loose if their name came out?

That's really a difficult question to process. WWH MWK DAK RSW CW JM

I'll give my thoughts/opinion on a few:

JM, I think she would be the one to freak out the most. Panic, this doesn't prove anything, however I'd like to send a note to the DECT and suggest he see when JM started on her depression meds. Big red flag if it was the year prior to her arrest.

WWH, I think would be bold and vocal. Example, I'm not going down without a fight.

DAK, I think would be anger, bold and action more than talk.

Just sharing my thoughts with ya'll.

Brittney Wood Detectives: wait on forensics results, sources “close to case” talkingCan anyone link a statement to the contrary that trumps this one from an investigator who is privy to all of the case facts?

No, unless one goes to comments/statements very early in the case when there was simply speculation and not much evidence. Even then it was mostly statements stating there isn't much to go on, no evidence pointing LE in one direction or the other, and that' IMO doesn't trump LE belief that Brittney has been murdered.

Back to the article in the link you provided. Reading it over and over I'd light to point out some wording.

"""Detectives are not revealing who the vehicle belonged to. Only saying they found the vehicle a few months ago, took samples and sent possible evidence to a forensics lab.""" From the above linked article.

LE was looking for a particular vehicle here, I am happy that samples were sent to forensics, not just the vehicle for processing. To me that is saying LE was looking at the particular vehicle for evidence to prove some type of lead.

"""“Ultimately I believe she was murdered. But we are going to have to eventually find her body or have someone come forward as a witness to that,” said Corely"""" from the link provided above

Just this year, Steph had said the Styx river house was again searched, LE and KK search and dug up dirt at CW's property, and we are told about the vehicle LE took custody of.

Brittney Wood Detectives: wait on forensics results, sources “close to case” talkingCan anyone link a statement to the contrary that trumps this one from an investigator who is privy to all of the case facts?

I guess we will have to wait for the evidence to pan out. Same as when Andrew Perez said LE was going to reassess Donnie's suicide. We never heard another word about that. The fruitless search behind Chessie's house. The last ping of Brittney's phone near an interstate truck stop. Donnie's depression from his mother and brother dying may have left him suicidal. His recent abdominal surgery making one wonder he'd be able to dispose of a 100 lb body.

Bessie, I hope we can still be able to explore all scenarios? Or are we now limited to only discussing Brittney as a murder victim?

“Ultimately I believe she was murdered. But we are going to have to eventually find her body or have someone come forward as a witness to that,” said Corely"

MOO I believe Brittney had good reason to want to leave Tillman's Corner. Even her brother said he thought she was scared and hiding.

"Derek describes searching for his sister as "painful". He believes something scared Brittney so badly that she is hiding and afraid. He and everyone hopes she will make that phone call."

http://www.wkrg.com/story/21599008/search-ends-still-no-sign-of-brittney-wood

The Oasis Truck Stop is only 1.5 miles from the Styx River address. Is that right?

This is a map of A: Chessie's House
B: Jennifer Gonzalez's jail release address on Water World Rd
C: Oasis Truck Stop
D: Wendy's home at the time in Fairhope.
http://goo.gl/maps/3vjmt

Oasis Travel Center
27801 Co Rd 64
Robertsdale, AL
Phone Number: 251-960-1211
This truck stop is 38.3 miles from Grand Bay.
http://www.bigtruckdrivingjobs.com/truck-stops/Alabama/Grand_Bay.html

If I had to go there, I would first think of prescription fraud. Writing prescriptions for narcotics. In my opinion, credit card fraud seems a little out there.

LOL I posted about prescription fraud a couple pages back.

A friend of mine just found out she had an identity theft with several credit cards taken out in her name. What a mess for her to straighten out!

I guess we will have to wait for the evidence to pan out. Same as when Andrew Perez said LE was going to reassess Donnie's suicide. We never heard another word about that. The fruitless search behind Chessie's house. The last ping of Brittney's phone near an interstate truck stop. Donnie's depression from his mother and brother dying may have left him suicidal. His recent abdominal surgery making one wonder he'd be able to dispose of a 100 lb body.

Bessie, I hope we can still be able to explore all scenarios? Or are we now limited to only discussing Brittney as a murder victim?

“Ultimately I believe she was murdered. But we are going to have to eventually find her body or have someone come forward as a witness to that,” said Corely"

MOO I believe Brittney had good reason to want to leave Tillman's Corner. Even her brother said he thought she was scared and hiding.

"Derek describes searching for his sister as "painful". He believes something scared Brittney so badly that she is hiding and afraid. He and everyone hopes she will make that phone call."

Direct quotes from your link:
"I love you more than anything. Please come home." Brittney disappeared while Derek Wood was in Mobile Metro Jail.

"I want her to call my cell phone. 382-xxxx. I love you and miss you. Please call me."

"Him and his sister are only 16 months apart so they have the same friends, run the same places they are like this," says Chessie. "He is Brittney's protector and he feels like he wasn't there when he should have been."

"I'll protect her from anything. That's why I want her to call me. She knows that I'll keep her safe."

If we believe CW's words here, DW suspected harm already was done to BW. By his own words, he knew BW had reason to fear for her safety. He described searching for BW as "painful". Painful because he knew the truth and couldn't accept it, so instead tried to convince himself she was hiding?
“Ultimately I believe she was murdered. But we are going to have to eventually find her body or have someone come forward as a witness to that,” said Corely.

Corely said people “very close to the case” are cooperating with the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office. He won’t reveal who, but says the interviews are producing leads they are following up on.

“We have a lot of information coming from different sources,” said Corley.

http://fox10tv.com/2014/05/30/britt...ensics-results-sources-close-to-case-talking/
Corley has a "lot of information" from people "very close to the case" (people like DW). He's seen the other evidence and knows the facts. Based on all of that, his conclusion as a LE investigator is murder. LEO's don't make statements like that lightly.

We also have this from another official who's studied the case.
Pat Guyton is director of the Mobile Child Advocacy Center...

"I believe there are people walking around today who know what happened to Brittney Wood," said Guyton. "I don't know who they are, but I believe the circumstances surround her death. I believe there are people walking around today who know what happened to Brittney Wood and have a good idea what happened to Brittney Wood. They may not have been involved but they have a good idea what happened to her. And while this case is not directly involved with the Brittney Wood case, there are certainly some indirect indications that lead us back to the disappearance of Brittney Wood."

Read More at: http://www.local15tv.com/template/c...ies/archive/2013/10/FP0CWPbm.xml#.U5cvGyg3mSo
Until LE provides us with a statement to the contrary, the benefit of the doubt goes to BW, the victim. So no, we're not going to explore all scenarios, particularly not those that paint BW in a bad light and accuse her of wrongdoing, no matter how subtly.

Direct quotes from your link:
If we believe CW's words here, DW suspected harm already was done to BW. By his own words, he knew BW had reason to fear for her safety. He described searching for BW as "painful". Painful because he knew the truth and couldn't accept it, so instead tried to convince himself she was hiding? Corley has a "lot of information" from people "very close to the case" (people like DW). He's seen the other evidence and knows the facts. Based on all of that, his conclusion as a LE investigator is murder. LEO's don't make statements like that lightly.

We also have this from another official who's studied the case.
Until LE provides us with a statement to the contrary, the benefit of the doubt goes to BW, the victim. So no, we're not going to explore all scenarios, particularly not those that paint BW in a bad light and accuse her of wrongdoing, no matter how subtly.

BBM - Huh? :dunno: Where is there even the remotest of suggestion that "DW suspected harm already was done to BW"?

If anything, that article suggests to me that CW may have told DW that BW ran off scared, "hiding and afraid" and was out there. Though, CW may have known, from get-go, that BW was a goner. JMO

I'll be awaiting news on the "possible' evidence. Wish I had a nickle for every jail house confession, I'd be a rich person.

Hoping for the truth to finally reveal itself.

Over and out!

:fence:

BBM - Huh? :dunno: Where is there even the remotest of suggestion that "DW suspected harm already was done to BW"?

If anything, that article suggests to me that CW may have told DW that BW ran off scared, "hiding and afraid" and was out there. Though, CW may have known, from get-go, that BW was a goner. JMO
"He is Brittney's protector and he feels like he wasn't there when he should have been."

Respectfully snipped for context -

I truly wish I had your blind faith and in no way do I want to or will I argue the point but I would gladly give you my last $ if you could tell us where she is. She had no means to hide out for a week much less 2 yrs. Britt depended on ppl to support her mostly the family, she could not hold money any length of time it would as I say burn a hole in her pocket. DH & WWH had many bills past due and piling up. WWH had borrowed grocery money from the Moore's to feed their kids earlier in that week per a FB post thanking them and I'm not talking big money like around $25. DH sold some tools on 5/31 on not big money there either, when he was found on 6/1 he still had the money minus around $25 so we think he paid the Moore's back @ dinner that night 5/31 and even if he didn't how far could Britt get on $25 when the cigs she smoked are $6 a pack here. I just don't understand why you think Britt would be the one to get out of dodge as you put it. When they already have 5 victims talking. It's mine and Wally's belief that the Hollands, Kents & JM planned this, executed it and thought everything would end with the dead man. I also don't believe DH was a suicide but if it turns out it was I believe that it was the loving wife was right there telling him to take one for the team. Most of what we have to go on is words from accused child molesters and incestuous family members. From WWH spouting many lies as to Britt not being @ Styx,the cell battery, gun etc.

BBM - Steph, did DH use the internet or make a FB post on 5/31 listing these tools for sale? Is there any thing showing DH tried o sell these tools before 5/31? I am asking because I am interested in when DH decided to sell the tools. I am sorry to go here with you...I'm wondering if DH had another reason to sell these tools besides just the money. The timing of when DH put the tools up for sale could end my speculation. Imo if DH put these tools up for sale on exactly 5/31 and not before, I think it would be wise for LE to take a look at these tools. It may have been a simple sale for money, but imo it is worth looking into.

LOL I posted about prescription fraud a couple pages back.

A friend of mine just found out she had an identity theft with several credit cards taken out in her name. What a mess for her to straighten out!

Admittedly when I read your post, I didn't even think about mail offers or falsifying credit card applications. Which would require handwriting. My mind skipped ahead to where a signature or handwriting would not be required. Hence the reason I said it was a little out there. I understand now where you were going. It is possible, both credit card and prescription fraud. I wouldn't put anything past this group. However possible, I personally don't believe either of these two things have anything to do with Brittney's disappearance.

The Oasis Truck Stop is only 1.5 miles from the Styx River address. Is that right?

This is a map of A: Chessie's House
B: Jennifer Gonzalez's jail release address on Water World Rd
C: Oasis Truck Stop
D: Wendy's home at the time in Fairhope.
http://goo.gl/maps/3vjmt

Oasis Travel Center
27801 Co Rd 64
Robertsdale, AL
Phone Number: 251-960-1211
This truck stop is 38.3 miles from Grand Bay.
http://www.bigtruckdrivingjobs.com/truck-stops/Alabama/Grand_Bay.html

KateB, what am I missing? What is the affiliation with this travel center location? Are you thinking of the FB post made by RSW?

It appears if one was to leave Water World Rd headed to either destination, Chessie's house or the Fairhope home, a person would likely start out using I10 passing the Oasis Travel Center. This is not the Grand Bay truck stop where Britt's cellphone last pinged, correct? TIA

image.jpg

RSW comment -

Originally Posted by Quester>

What do you all make of the following post by RSW on 6/8? In particular the part where he states that the Oasis Travel Center was "the last known location of her phone. "

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

Originally Posted by Analyze This>

I know that we can't quote from FB, but BW's uncle posted information on a couple of public pages that the family would be meeting at the last known location of Brittany's phone. He specifically says that this is the "last known location of her phone": Oasis Travel Center located on I-10 at the Wilcox Rd Exit 53. The comments were made on June 8th. He doesn't say why the family believes that this was the last known location of the phone.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #1

I think I just needed clarification. Somehow over the past two years, my mind moved the Oasis Truck Stop to Grand Bay and I am totally lost over which truck stop was suspect and why. I still am. Seriously, I was not even hinting that she took off from there. Only trying to clear the mud in my head and this thread. Maybe this discussion will help.

I mapped (B), Pilot Travel Center. This truck stop is less than 4 miles from Chessie's House (A). Looking at the map you can see also see Grand Bay.

Pilot Travel Center #302
6955 Theodore Dawes Road
Theodore, AL
Phone Number: 251-653-8834
This truck stop is 10.9 miles from Grand Bay.

image.jpg

Steph, thank you so much for answering!

I realize the sex abuse accusations began months prior but I don't think the big picture came to light until 5/30. I think all hell broke loose after the detectives visit. Maybe even earlier that day? I'm curious if the Det. made an appt with WWH or just stopped by? If WWH knew earlier in the day, I can see the whole clan starting to panic. It could be the reason Donnie started calling Brittney so early that day? I'm even wondering if DH was the one who invited Britt to come to Styx rather than Britt reaching out to him. We know her first choice was to hang with Andy and P. Imo, Britt was a threat to the livelihood of some of these perps. Particular because unlike Derek :( Britt was a victim that did not turn perp.

Wow, just wow. My heart goes out to you Steph. Team Brittney forever!

That's a question I can not answer. I have no idea if it was a sch meeting or a pop up meeting. And BCSO LE not answering any question pretaining to that anymore.

Should DH be added to those who knew? I have been back and forth on whether DH would hurt Britt. He hurt many others, and we don't know if he abused Britt physically. I tend to believe Britt was special to DH. How special is the question, sadly maybe for many reasons. Whether or not DH hurt Britt physically, imo he is responsible for emotionally hurting her! The world is so much better without him.

Absolutely DH is added to that list. I only left him out because he's dead and no use to anyone in answering any questions.

Respectfully snipped for context -

BBM - Steph, did DH use the internet or make a FB post on 5/31 listing these tools for sale? Is there any thing showing DH tried o sell these tools before 5/31? I am asking because I am interested in when DH decided to sell the tools. I am sorry to go here with you...I'm wondering if DH had another reason to sell these tools besides just the money. The timing of when DH put the tools up for sale could end my speculation. Imo if DH put these tools up for sale on exactly 5/31 and not before, I think it would be wise for LE to take a look at these tools. It may have been a simple sale for money, but imo it is worth looking into.

If he put them up for sale on 5/31, I think it makes suicide less likely. One doesn't worry about making $25 before they are going to kill themselves.

Those trial feel like they are so far away, but only a few months.

Thinking of you Brittney, today and everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member