AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news.com.au/world/incest...een-goes-missing/story-fndir2ev-1227109983849

It's making headlines here in Australia..I hope they have some idea about Brittney, more than just assuming she is dead because they haven't found anything.

Part of me hopes that Brittney ran off and is safe somewhere...but at the same time, it's not exactly a nice thing to do to the people that care about her and are looking for her.

Someone just do the decent thing, just this one time, and tell us where Brittney is.

No way do I believe she ran away and has stayed hid out all this time without contacting her baby or father. No way.

Wow at how far this latest story is getting, if you google her, it's everywhere. reading comments under the articles is kinda like being back at the start of it all, everyone guessing this or that!

Hi Steph! Great interview and thank you :)

If possible, could you answer a few questions I have from the article? If not, I understand. TIA

1. The article appears to state as fact Brittney's gun and cellphone battery were found in Donnie's car. Is this speculation or has it been proven these items did indeed belong to Brittney?

2. The article included the detail of where Donnie was shot, behind his ear/head, with the added comment authorites considered it an odd area for a self inflicted gunshot wound. Can you say where this info came from?

I see Chessie was quoted in the article. Hence one of the reasons I don't know what to take as fact.

Hi Steph! Great interview and thank you :)

If possible, could you answer a few questions I have from the article? If not, I understand. TIA

1. The article appears to state as fact Brittney's gun and cellphone battery were found in Donnie's car. Is this speculation or has it been proven these items did indeed belong to Brittney?

2. The article included the detail of where Donnie was shot, behind his ear/head, with the added comment authorites considered it an odd area for a self inflicted gunshot wound. Can you say where this info came from?

I see Chessie was quoted in the article. Hence one of the reasons I don't know what to take as fact.

Is there someplace I could read the specifics of the suicide and Brittney's disappearance? I would like to understand the relationships of each event with each other, if one exists.

So just catching up.. Sorry if this has been stated before, my theory is someone killed Donnie and set it up to look like Britt did it and disappeared. Her battery was found in his truck? Then why would they suspect she ran away from a truck stop area where it last pinged? I don't for one minute believe britt shot him then disappeared without a trace on her own. I think whoever killed Donnie, also killed Britt.

Is there someplace I could read the specifics of the suicide and Brittney's disappearance? I would like to understand the relationships of each event with each other, if one exists.

Hi Gunther Toody!

There are several threads and places to read the specifics of Brittney's case.

Brittney Wood Media-Links-Timeline-Maps

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Maps-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=10486407#post10486407

Brittney Woods Case Facts Only
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ittney-Wood-CASE-FACTS-ONLY-**NO-DISCUSSION**

World Wide Search for the Truth About Brittney Wood
http://www.facebook.com/pages/*****...*****************************/225242460937518

Here's a link to a tag search for all of Brittney's threads: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/tags.php?tag=brittney+wood

This story spans several different forums: Missing, Parking Lot, Support, Search, and the Crimes Against Children thread for when her disappearance was absolutely not related to the Wood-Holland-Kent family sex crimes.

Welcome!

Hi Gunther Toody!

There are several threads and places to read the specifics of Brittney's case.

Brittney Wood Media-Links-Timeline-Maps

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Maps-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=10486407#post10486407

Brittney Woods Case Facts Only
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ittney-Wood-CASE-FACTS-ONLY-**NO-DISCUSSION**

World Wide Search for the Truth About Brittney Wood
http://www.facebook.com/pages/*****...*****************************/225242460937518

What a tragedy all the way around.
I am trying to wrap my head around this case and thank you for the links.

I have a few questions if they can be answered without compromising the case.

What proof is there that Holland committed suicide?
I remember reading that the bullet placement was behind the ear, which is pretty odd for a suicide.

Which side of his head was the shot?

Was there a contact wound from the gun?

As for Brittney...

If I understand it correctly, this began with her communicating on Facebook beginning on or around 5/27 with a relative who had been part of the abuse allegations, right?

Was she possibly trying to convince the relative to come forward?

Was Brittney possibly threatening to go forward herself?

This is just a working hypothesis and if I have anything wrong, please correct me.

If the above is true, what I surmise at this point is that Holland had heard about the Facebook communications and he wanted to discuss it with Brittney.

That's when he made the arrangements for the meeting and he picked her up in his truck.

I don't think his intent was to harm her initially, since he picked her up in a relatively public place in his own vehicle.

He probably tried to intimidate her into silence or offered her a bribe of some sort.

Either it failed or she refused to keep silent.

The first question would be...where did they go to talk?

We can possibly figure that out later.

So things go bad and Holland eliminates Brittney, or Brittney draws her gun and shoots Holland.
(thats why we need to know bullet placement and wound info if its available)

I would like comments on my deductions so far to see if I am on the right track or misunderstanding the case.

Hi Gunther!

The investigation into the sex crimes had already started earlier that year, Holland was due to go to the PD that day. So silencing Brittney and only her would not change the fact that the truth was unravelling. I personally think his death made it easier for the victims to unload all of this horror.

Lash.... it is my understanding the reporter spoke with LE among many while in Mobile for the report. I'm sure if Steph comes back she can clarify that.

Hi Gunther!

The investigation into the sex crimes had already started earlier that year, Holland was due to go to the PD that day. So silencing Brittney and only her would not change the fact that the truth was unravelling. I personally think his death made it easier for the victims to unload all of this horror.

Lash.... it is my understanding the reporter spoke with LE among many while in Mobile for the report. I'm sure if Steph comes back she can clarify that.

So what would Holland have to gain by meeting with Brittney?
Maybe she could downplay his role?
I read that they were pretty close, I think.

I would love to read that letter that Brittney was suppose to have written, and I pray that if it exists that LE has it. I would love to read the letters that we never got a real reading of, that was written about Brittney's letter.

I think Brittney was going along with what she knew concerning the sexual abuses, and as she became older, realized she could use it to her benefit, instead of continuing to the be victim. She could have been getting money from Donald, and that's why she went along with it. Perhaps figured it was going to continue to happen, and perhaps even felt if they were abusing her, they'd leave others alone. But she found out she wasn't the only one being abused. She was older now, seems these perverts wanted the young children. As the saying goes, Brittney had aged out of her worth to them. :( I've no doubts there was talk between all the abusers and the survivors of their abuse. I've no doubts that Brittney was becoming more of a threat to the clan than a benefit to them, and very much doubt that Brittney would have allowed them to abuse her own child. If she became outspoken about the abuse towards the others, and depending on what was said among the message from the victim that contacted Brittney, and the abusers realized Brittney would tell the truth to authorities during the investigation, and perhaps even have proof of some of the abuse, then yeah, at least some in that clan decided she needed to be silenced. It's possible they could have kept the younger victims quiet, bribe them, or whatever had been done in the past to keep them from telling. Very possible they had lost 'control' over Brittney, and realized what a threat she posed.

I would love to think she left, is safe, restarted her life, and enjoying love, peace, and happiness that she lacked in her life. I sadly do not believe that is the reality though. I just don't see her not coming forward to help the other victims, nor be with her baby girl. I believe if she was able, she would be there to help put the abusers behind bars.

Besides the obvious outrage I have towards the abusers, I have a tremendous amount of sadness that Brittney didn't feel she had anyone she could confide in about the abuse, and get that burden off her shoulders. Almost the entire family was in on it, so she sure couldn't go to them for help, not even her Mom. And sadly, what teenager would want to tell a friend about it, and the fear of being blamed, accused of wanting to be apart of it, or labeled, or the friend telling someone else. It was a secret embedded so deep, and such a huge burden for anyone to have to live with and especially for as long as it was going on.

My opinion only, and it may sound harsh, but this case has helped me form some very strong opinions.

I often think about the brave little girl Brittney was back when she was only 9-12 yrs. old. How she got her grandmother's boyfriend put behind bars, and in fact, he's still behind bars. You'd think that would be enough to stop the rest of the family and teach them a lesson, but nooo.

I don't know how much fighting a little kid can do against their whole corrupt family! Brittney deserved so much better and she deserved protection.

Sure, young children can be manipulated and scared into not talking about it, and start believing they're going along with it and then they'll carry some of that guilt, which is such a psychologically evil thing to do to children. It makes me sick for all these children at the hands of this "family sex ring".

MOO, I don't know why her own mother was so unaware or so she says. Really?

Where's Brittney? What happened to Brittney?

I don't know why you think that sounds harsh. Makes perfectly good sense to me. Who eliminated Britt?

So what would Holland have to gain by meeting with Brittney?
Maybe she could downplay his role?
I read that they were pretty close, I think.

It is my understanding that Brittney called Donald to come pick her up. This is after she
v1. Left Chessie's house happy as a lark.
v2. Left Chessie's house after an argument with Chessie over babysitting.
v3. Left Chessie's house to confront Donald over sex crimes.

Which version is the truth?

Also, IIRC between the departure from Chessie's house and being picked up by Donald, Brittney called AH (P's dad) to hang out and he declined. Per Britt's stepmom, he noticed nothing unusual in her demeanor on this voice call.

And at what point, did Wendy alert the family that the detectives were at Wendy's house interviewing Wendy that very same night? And it was months before we learned that they were there:
1. Not looking for Brittney.
2. Not looking for Donald.
3. To interview Wendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads