AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's about the same time Scott Wood did, too.

Refresher.
May 30, 2012 was when Baldwin County Detective knocked on Wendy's door in Fairhope, fully aware that Donald was living in Stockton at that time, due to the investigation.
Within hours of that visit, Brittney vanishes and some 40 hours later, the same detective calls Donald and tells/asks him to come into the police station that afternoon. Before he gets there, he has a bullet in his head.

Thanks for the link. :wave: You're awesome, KateB.

There's no way I can dismiss Wendy from knowing what happened to Brittney, if not being fully involved. MOO What was deleted? You know I've never believed Donnie shot himself, but if he did, it stands to reason Wendy would still know what happened to Brittney. Steph brought out the most important point.

http://www.wkrg.com/story/27609176/where-is-brittney-wood-still-no-answers

"Wendy Holland was Donnie's wife. She now faces the possibility of spending the rest of her life behind bars after being convicted this week of sexual child abuse, torture, sodomy and endangering a child. Many think she has the answers they are searching for. "She was the one that broke the code on Brittney's cell phone," says Hanke, "calling it on a land line phone she deleted over five minutes of voicemail's that her and her twin sister Mendy heard."

BBM

Be sure to watch the vid. See any tears when Chessie cries?
And remember, every theory with Wendy can work just as well with Mendy.

Curious Me is most curious about Chessie. JMO. She's tries so hard to play the role of not knowing any darn thing, going back to Derek starting with drugs at age ten, and being sexual with his Aunt WWH something like 50 times. Seems like at the start of this case Chessie didn't even have much of a problem with Wendy or Donnie, then Donnie became the devil. Did she just sit in a corner during the family sex parties? She claims no clue to anything that was going on for years! There seems to be something big Chessie is hiding, but perhaps she hasn't had enough pressure put on her yet. When is her trial?

Curious Me is most curious about Chessie. JMO. She's tries so hard to play the role of not knowing any darn thing, going back to Derek starting with drugs at age ten, and being sexual with his Aunt WWH something like 50 times. Seems like at the start of this case Chessie didn't even have much of a problem with Wendy or Donnie, then Donnie became the devil. Did she just sit in a corner during the family sex parties? She claims no clue to anything that was going on for years! There seems to be something big Chessie is hiding, but perhaps she hasn't had enough pressure put on her yet. When is her trial?

JMO
I have to agree with you.
Something has always disturbed me about her. Especially after seeing her being interviewed after those latest surprise searches behind and near the house. I think she knows exactly what happened to Brittany. She may or may not have been there when it happened but I just have a feeling that she knows all about it and where she was placed. The memorial too gives me the creeps.

Chessie is the last person to see Brittney alive besides a dead man.

Now we know that LE didn't visit Wendy asking about Donnie. They were questioning her about her own illegal activities. I wonder if Chessie got a similar call from LE.

And why is it important that Brittney's cell phone was hacked using land line?

And why is it important that Brittney's cell phone was hacked using land line?

The only reason I can think of is because it would mean they didn't have her phone to use to delete things, as it has been reported was done with DH's. That phone battery found in the car thing always stuck out to me as strange, especially after LE had cleared and returned it to WWH. I have an ex with anger issues who likes to break phones in half during his fits. The battery would always fly out, unbroken. JMO, maybe Brit's was broken at some point, leaving a landline as the only way to erase things.

Wendy Wood Holland, aunt of missing Alabama teen Brittney Wood, convicted in children sex abuse ring

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alabama-woman-convicted-in-children-sex-abuse-ring/

Authorities said Wood could provide important evidence about sexual crimes by her adult relatives if only they could find her alive. But searches and two years of investigation have failed to turn up any sign of her. Police believe Wood is dead, possibly killed in the days before the case went public.

I know :(

Another article posted in the past few days stated Heinz said they had some evidence and leads but no answers. It was worded differently than her past statements. I'll see if I can find it.

Hi Team Brittney!

I had my baby at the end of November and have been very busy with our adorable newborn ever since we came home from the hospital. Logged on today and saw the news about Wendy's conviction.

I so hope this brings us closer to justice for Britt as well! Thinking of you, Steph and Wally!

Excellent followup post by John Sharp @ AL.com with stats and comments from professional therapists and staff at the Mobile County Child Advocacy Center.
'There is hope' for child sex abuse victims, even those who are hurt the worst
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/12/there_is_hope_for_child_sex_ab.html

This part is one of many good parts.
But the victim's story was corroborated by other family members who said that Holland was an active participant in the abuse. The jury convicted her of sodomy, sexual torture, criminal sexual abuse, and endangering the welfare of a child. Holland will be sentenced up to life in prison on Jan. 15.

"Someone believed (the child) when she told," Nelson-Gardell said. "That is the single, most powerful thing that helps people become healthier is when they are believed. When people are told and not believed, it makes it much more difficult."

^^^This was a very touching article. Great job by the writer. Thank you for sharing KateB.

It is so important to understand victims of sexual abuse can move forward and live happy productive lives. The abuse does not have to dictate who they become. They move on from victims and become survivors.

These monsters literally make my stomach turn. May they burn in the eternal flames of Hell. Even the Devil is probably mortified by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wendy's conviction has prompted me to write a piece about child sexual predators.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...of-Child-Sexual-Abuse&p=11305036#post11305036

As time permits, I will add more information to help parents in determining whether their child may possibly be a victim of predatory sexual abuse. Be warned though, the piece pulls no punches and it may trigger memories in some folks. That's not my intention, but if anyone wishes to converse on the subject in public or private, I will be here.

I have an acquaintance who runs a foundation dedicated to childhood sexual abuse and he is where I obtained much of the information from.

I can't believe how much time I spend trying to figure out what happened to Brittney that night and how all of her maternal side fits in all of this.
I think drugs have to be a motivating factor for the sex ring. I think that's why cw feels/portrays guilt, she basically involved her children to pay for her habit. IMO. I think drugs are the reason her children ended up staying around once they were old enough to leave.

I still go in circles about the why & all who were involved in "disappearing" Brittney. My thinking of the moment says there was jealousy from the older females because Brittney made decisions to stay around donnie willingly. She wasn't a small child that had to be forced or coercied (any more as she was when she was younger) I think that's why she was thought to be donnie's favorite, she was way more attractive than any other adult females involved, though I bet bff jenn thinks she is. Maybe once wwh talked to LE that night she went to see donnie but found Brittney & donnie physically involved then wwh lost it. Then I think his suicide could be true from the guilt (losing Brittney)Why not disappear the other same aged people involved, if they were afraid of what Brittney could say, wouldn't they be afraid of donnie Jr., and derek? IMO the voice mails wwh erased were from donnie frantically looking for Brittney. Young people dont leave voice mails. Maybe donnie wanted the whole thing to fall on wwh & mw because he was mad they had taken Brittney from him?? This still leaves where Brittney ended up. That answer lies w/ the twins & Jenn. IMO. Today

I feel so much empathy for Brittney and what she endured. I'm so grateful for the young victims now testifying against family. I fully believe Brittney testifying against her faux grandpa helped give the latest victims strength

I've also been thinking further about the sex abuse and how much of it is related to Brittney's disappearance. I too believe jealousy is a big part of this case. It has been stated Brittney was the 'golden nugget'. What about Derek and Donnie Jr.? Derek is older than Britt. Isn't it likely he had more years around this sexual dsyfunction? Why isn't Derek a 'golden nugget'? Maybe it is because Derek was a victim turned abuser and from what we know Brittney was a victim. IDK, but it is obvious Brittney wasn't the only potential threat to this sex ring. We also know from Wendy's trial of another victim, whom is older and now in her twenties. It just feels like something is missing. Everyone knew what was coming down. Derek and Donnie Jr. could have fled before their initial arrests. This is another reason I don't believe Brittney left on her own accord.

I've also been thinking further about the sex abuse and how much of it is related to Brittney's disappearance. I too believe jealousy is a big part of this case. It has been stated Brittney was the 'golden nugget'. What about Derek and Donnie Jr.? Derek is older than Britt. Isn't it likely he had more years around this sexual dsyfunction? Why isn't Derek a 'golden nugget'? Maybe it is because Derek was a victim turned abuser and from what we know Brittney was a victim. IDK, but it is obvious Brittney wasn't the only potential threat to this sex ring. We also know from Wendy's trial of another victim, whom is older and now in her twenties. It just feels like something is missing. Everyone knew what was coming down. Derek and Donnie Jr. could have fled before their initial arrests. This is another reason I don't believe Brittney left on her own accord.

Victims sometimes engage in "playing along" as a survival mechanism. Maybe that is what Brittney did, but in the end the others felt she could bring them all down. Or, maybe an argument erupted at some point and out of anger Brittney threatened to testify.

Donnie Jr. and Derek were probably relieved that they were in control of the abuse rather than its victim. As far as the girl that testified at Wendy's trial, she sounds like she is really messed up in the head. Stating that she still loves Wendy tells me that she was a compliant participant. They may have saw her as that and felt no threat from her.

Victims sometimes engage in "playing along" as a survival mechanism. Maybe that is what Brittney did, but in the end the others felt she could bring them all down. Or, maybe an argument erupted at some point and out of anger Brittney threatened to testify.

Donnie Jr. and Derek were probably relieved that they were in control of the abuse rather than its victim. As far as the girl that testified at Wendy's trial, she sounds like she is really messed up in the head. Stating that she still loves Wendy tells me that she was a compliant participant. They may have saw her as that and felt no threat from her.

Just to clarify. The victim I was referring to testified for the defense. From MSM she is 25 and this was the first time she admitted she was abused by members of this family. Wendy is her stepmother.

The victim that testified for the prosecution is 16. She was the witness saying she still loved Wendy. I don't think she was a compliant participant at all. I believe she is grieving the loss of the family she thought she had. Imo, she loves the part of her family she thought was good.

I 100% believe Stockholm Syndrome and PTSD both have played a role in this case. As well, fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required