AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is a very long shot, but I've learned from time to keep an open mind....has the boyfriend from TX been located/questioned? Just because the family is involved in such horrific things does not mean they were the only people capable of harming BW. Again seems unlikely but it's not impossible. Also, if she felt her child might have been exposed to abuse the uncles could have had further reason to prevent her from talking. Horrible to think about but I'm really looking for possible motives of her to want to reach out to her uncle tht night with no ride or anything. Could it be that she possibly thought he was suicidal and she needed to go there? Of course these are open ended thoughts/questions, just trying to piece things together in my mind.

This was discussed in the last thread....IIRC he was located and questioned. He went to Texas with his new girlfriend.

Is it possible the Uncles charged are also into meth?

that's what I was thinking. If Brittney spent quite a bit of time with DH, then it may have been because he had access to the drug that she craved.

it seems clear now that an uncle or multiple uncles wanted her silent. Unless they had a lot of money to pay off BW, it seems their only means of silencing her was to kill her and hide her body. If one of these guys lived in Tennessee at least part of the time, Brittney could have been dumped almost anywhere.

I am thinking that this is probably what happened to her, but it leaves a lot of questions as well. Clearly, if she was a victim of their abuse and that is why they killed her, then there are other victims as well. So, were they planning to kill all of them? Sex abuse investigations take time. So it stands to reason these investigations were going on before BW disappeared. Her age prevents her from being victim involved in these charges. Why kill her? She was still close to DH or she would not have been trying to go see him. Also, I know it is possible, but to kill someone while you are being investigated for sex abuse crimes. Seems like you would be under some type of surveillance.

I still think that meth may play a role in her disappearance. I see this a lot. We had a woman go missing name Tracey Dearman. She went missing in December of 2010 and her body was found on the property of an acquaintance of hers in March 2012. It happens. My in-law that is on meth is constantly talking about friends that died. Bodies found in the woods, strange suicides, missing persons, unsolved murders...meth is a scary drug. Once someone has been up for days and days, they become psychotic and paranoid and dangerous. BW may have been harmed in that type of situation.

Ive been following and want to add my thanks to Zeaux.. I think you have done a great job as well.. especially for a new member in a really bad situation. Heartfelt thanks for your input.

This case has me in a tailspin. I cant get Brittney off my mind. THREE UNCLES.. just blows me away. I have no doubt that there is more than one victim of these perps. PURELY SPECULATION, but child *advertiser censored* has entered my mind as well. I just cant wrap my head around these men and one victim, or of the men treating child molestation as just another hobby they share. I think BW had her own evidence against these men and was perhaps emboldened to come forward since Uncle Donnie was being investigated. Just my thoughts and opinions.. no facts at all.

I've been following quietly.
It doesn't shock me at all that there are three uncles involved in some sort of molestation. These things happen in families all the time sadly... they stay in the family until it goes too far. Like has seemingly happened here.

I am thinking that this is probably what happened to her, but it leaves a lot of questions as well. Clearly, if she was a victim of their abuse and that is why they killed her, then there are other victims as well. So, were they planning to kill all of them? Sex abuse investigations take time. So it stands to reason these investigations were going on before BW disappeared. Her age prevents her from being victim involved in these charges. Why kill her? She was still close to DH or she would not have been trying to go see him. Also, I know it is possible, but to kill someone while you are being investigated for sex abuse crimes. Seems like you would be under some type of surveillance.

I still think that meth may play a role in her disappearance. I see this a lot. We had a woman go missing name Tracey Dearman. She went missing in December of 2010 and her body was found on the property of an acquaintance of hers in March 2012. It happens. My in-law that is on meth is constantly talking about friends that died. Bodies found in the woods, strange suicides, missing persons, unsolved murders...meth is a scary drug. Once someone has been up for days and days, they become psychotic and paranoid and dangerous. BW may have been harmed in that type of situation.

Unfortunately I don't see the uncles (thru Internet discovery) as being heavy meth users, which means they were sick all on their own. BW could very well have been the molestation "victim", if the charges are stemming from abuse when she was underage.

I don't know which one confessed. I'm not certain who this victim is, so I don't know who's looking out for her. But one would think the local child protection agency would ensure her safety.

Well, one would hope that. But sadly, child protection isn't always on the ball as we see here at WS all the time :maddening:

What irritates me is I live in Birmingham, AL and BW has not been on our news at all and no one who is on my facebook has posted anything about her or a flyer. It doesn't make since to me why missing personscases do not get more attention. I mean you could walk right past a missing or endangered person at yur local store or walmart and most people would never know they were missing.

I too am from the B'Ham area. I have not seen any flyers, nor have seen any news coverage. Several days ago (PRE-arrest) I looked at SW's FB page and thought he was ok and sent him a message concerning getting some flyers to post in this area. Then later read about the arrest! :what:
Prayers for Brittany!

that's what I was thinking. If Brittney spent quite a bit of time with DH, then it may have been because he had access to the drug that she craved.

This is my suspicion. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that the uncles were even involved in giving / getting Brittney addicted to meth. Actually meth addiction would explain a lot in this situation. Keeps addicted wives quiet, makes grooming very easy, makes bartering favors for drugs easy, etc. Not saying any of that is the case here .... but it very well could be.

Hi there. Been reading this chain for a while but this is my first post. Thanks for all the info you're providing Zeaux!

This comment about "take care of the kids" once he's gone seems ironic given that he was allegedly not allowed near them and in light of the other circumstances here

{BBM}

Keep in mind that quote came from one of the twins - either his wife or sister-in-law and we all know about their CYA FB posts. IMO, nothing either of them say is credible.

I noticed last night that one of DH's family members posted a FB message on the channel 5 news site (photo of her in a wedding dress standing next to DH on her background wall - not profile photo.) She was inquiring about "BW's body being found". IMO it sounds to me like they are still trying to foster rumors with the hope people will just give up looking for her.

https://www.facebook.com/WKRG.News.5

DK was arrested just a few hours before SW so that tells me he is the one who confessed. Considering the charges against SW were far more serious he could have thrown SW under the bus instead of "confessing" to his potentially deeper involvement.

These uncles and their immediate family (spouses/sisters) know FAR more than they are letting on. I'm still praying that BW is hiding considering the heavy involvement by SW in the search for her. I'd be hiding too out of fear he'd be the one who found me.

Considering LE said this is only the tip of the iceberg it seems pretty clear there are other arrests forthcoming and one or more of them might still be actively involved in the search. I really hope LE rounds all of them up ASAP so the coast can be clear - if she is hiding. Granted it doesn't help matters that one of them is out on bond.

As for the other children (potential victims) I would imagine they are terrified to speak up out of fear they will go missing and that their family divide would be even more ugly than it already is.

JMO....

I have some catching up that'll have to be put off for a couple hours but I found this... I'm only posting the link instead of the picture bc I'm on my iPhone & can't crop out her daughter. This is a picture posted by SSH, Britt's stepmom, and she says it's the most recent picture of what Brittney looks like. I'm posting this for the person that mentioned the uncropped pic in which she may have appeared preg...

https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net...20/181238_4126667643658_1356508244_n.jpg?dl=1

I wonder about the timing.

When was Brittney's last ping again? 1:40 am?

When is Uncle Donnie's TOD? When did he drop his wife & kids off at the friends? When did WWH arrive with MWK to find DPH dead from an apparent suicide?

What is the address they all spent the night at? What friend's house?

I'm looking for estimated but close times & dates. Thanks.

Could the male that was spotted with Brittney at Uncle Donnie's house have been one of her relatives? Maybe one that was arrested?

Zeaux, when you come on...

Was DPH charged or just being investigated/questioned? I haven't found the charge which is why I'm asking.

BW eyes look so sad in all of her pictures. Uug...these uncles are a waste of good air on the planet.

Zeaux, you said in a post that Brittney lived in a home where drug use was allowed. You also stated in another post that she lived with her mother at the time of her disappearance. I ask this: Are you referring to her mother that allows drug use, or another home? If another home, could you give the name of the street the person lives on, don't have to provide the exact address, I'll figure it out. ;)

Phone pings...

May 31 Thursday - 12:07 AM cell ping in the Wilcox/Styx River area
May 31 Thursday - early morning hours Grand Bay area

Zeaux, do the rumors of bath salts hold any merit?

*** Note to those that may not know... Bath salts supposedly have the same effect as meth & are cheaper. They are still legal in most states. I don't know the law on bath salts in AL but they are sold in most gas stations, truck stops, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628