AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! This thread is moving along quickly now.

I have a question that probably no one has an answer to!

Was DH right-handed or left-handed?

I know nothing about crime/non-crime scene investigations but does it strike anyone else as odd (probably not the best word) that the bullet entered DH's mouth from his left and lodged (I also read elsewhere exited, so I'm not sure about where it ended up) on the right side of his skull?

Would he have to be left-handed for the bullet to enter that way?

Dumb question probably. I've just been curious about that since it was reported.

EDIT to say: I'm looking for a reference about this to post but I can't locate it. I am looking for it. But, I am POSITIVE that is what I read. I am positive because it made me stop and think and I wrote it down the old-fashioned way... on paper! I will keep looking for the reference.

Very good thought. Try and hold your right hand (as if there's a gun in your hand) starting at the left and angling towards the right----it's be difficult to say the least! Nice observation!

If anyone on here is part of Brittney's family, first know that I pray for y'all every day. I hope she is found soon.

I run a locally based savings site and would love to post some info about the fundraiser this weekend, and any other fundraisers/info, on my site. It may not do much, but it may help get the info out some more. Please feel free to PM me and give me the info if you'd like me to do this.

If anyone on here is part of Brittney's family, first know that I pray for y'all every day. I hope she is found soon.

I run a locally based savings site and would love to post some info about the fundraiser this weekend, and any other fundraisers/info, on my site. It may not do much, but it may help get the info out some more. Please feel free to PM me and give me the info if you'd like me to do this.

Great idea! You should send a PM to the facebook site and ask directly. Brittney's step-mom is admin.

Thanks to the members who posted this, as I had not read the article before now. This direct quote from Cpl Levy of the MPD should be regarded as fact. He chose not to name which family member spoke with Brittney, but I do feel a little more hopeful knowing that at least one relative had contact with her after she left home.

"We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.

"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said.

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550&SID=1

Thanks Bessie! Here are direct quotes from her brother Derek. It worries me that he thinks she's scared and in hiding. Why does he think she's scared? That's been my question all along.

"On this the last day of the search, one person very important to Brittney showed up for the first time. Her older brother Derek.

"I love you more than anything. Please come home." Brittney disappeared while Derek Wood was in Mobile Metro Jail. He was released last night. He believes if Brittney is watching she will reach out to him. "I want her to call my cell phone. 382-0362 I love you and miss you. Please call me."

"Him and his sister are only 16 months apart so they have the same friends, run the same places they are like this," says Chessie. "He is Brittney's protector and he feels like he wasn't there when he should have been."

"I'll protect her from anything. That's why I want her to call me. She knows that I'll keep her safe."

Derek describes searching for his sister as "painful". He believes something scared Brittney so badly that she is hiding and afraid. He and everyone hopes she will make that phone call.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/14/s-ar-3974586/

Great idea! You should send a PM to the facebook site and ask directly. Brittney's step-mom is admin.

Zeaux,
Thanks. I am on the page and share updates here and there to my page (most recently when they needed some copies made). I wasn't 100% sure it was someone related though, or "in the know". I'm glad to help any way I can.

I will definitely message her tomorrow. My FB is being hinky tonight.
Thanks again!

T

This is my first post on this thread !

It is my opinion that either Brittney left on her own accord or one of the key players in her family are involved. What are the chances that WMH is the one who is to blame? I just can't wrap my head around DH being guilty of killing her, hiding her body and then killing himself. Typically these are murder/suicides and there is no hiding of evidence. While I think that DK is definitely a creep, I don't see the signs yet that he was involved. WMH is standing out. We have some ideas as to why: Was she jealous of Brittney? Was she concerned that Brittney had information that could damage DH and/or WMH? In any event, it's such a sad situation. I myself, gave myself a real big wake up call when I initially found myself judging a teenager missing, addicted to meth. Honestly, I had a relative recently quit this horrible drug so I know first hand how horrible this addiction is. I pray for Brittney and her mom/dad/siblings/daughter. I hope somehow she is found safe and gets a second chance at life. She is beautiful and truly deserves it. I'm really interested in figuring out the dynamics with WMH.

Hey LivingJuicy... Welcome to Websleuths! :welcome4: It's great to have you here!:seeya:

This is such a great idea!

I cut and pasted this from my earlier post. It is the information regarding the bucket drive. I would also send a private message on Brittney's Hometown Search page. As someone previously state, her step-mom is the admin. for the page and she will have the most accurate information. Hope this helps!!!

My earlier post:
"For those in the Mobile area, you may be interested in attending this on Saturday. It was written today by CW (BW mom) and posted on the Hometown Search for Brittney FB page. Let's help get the word out!!!!!!*

Here is the information regarding Saturday:

CW *"We r having a bucket drive this saturday for reward money that will b givin to crimestoppers to help us get answers about Brittneys disappearance ! We need all the help that we can get ! If u can help please let me no ! We need to find my baby !! She is very missed and loved !!"

The Hometown Search for Brittney Wood: "The Bucket Drive will be at the Walgreen's in Tillman's Corner on Three Notch Road at 10 a.m....That's the meeting place but we are hoping there will be enough that we can cover a lot of the intersections."

Also, don't forget there is a bank account set up at Compass Bank called "Brittney Wood Donations" that anyone can donate search funds to. I have been informed that all the funds will be directly used for finding BW and that it is managed by a non-family member. You will also be given a receipt for your donation.*

PS : for those inquiring, a bucket drive is when an organization locates itself on the sidewalks of main intersections, so when the lights turn red they can walk up to cars that roll down their windows wanting to drop donations in the collection "bucket". Where I'm from, Volunteer fire stations do this a lot, but they use their fireman boots instead of buckets. I think you have to get a city permit to hold one and I have even heard that in some cities up north they are not permitted. So this might be why not everyone has heard of or seen them before."

For those following the tweets,

I am trying to bring BW's case to the attention of Jim Spellman through Twitter. If you followed Lisa Irwin's case you will know Jim and know how professionally he covered her story for CNN. You can find & follow him @jimspellmancnn. I don't want to spam him of course but I don't think he would mind a few tweets about BW. He's really busy right now but has said he will look at BW's case soon.

I hope this isn't considered "organizing" but if it is I apologize now and will delete if I need to!!

For those following the tweets,

I am trying to bring BW's case to the attention of Jim Spellman through Twitter. If you followed Lisa Irwin's case you will know Jim and know how professionally he covered her story for CNN. You can find & follow him @jimspellmancnn. I don't want to spam him of course but I don't think he would mind a few tweets about BW. He's really busy right now but has said he will look at BW's case soon.

I hope this isn't considered "organizing" but if it is I apologize now and will delete if I need to!!

I think that is a great idea, he did a great job on the irwin case! Also, does anyone else seem to notice, in the summer you see a lot less missing person cases in the forefront?!

Thanks to the members who posted this, as I had not read the article before now. This direct quote from Cpl Levy of the MPD should be regarded as fact. He chose not to name which family member spoke with Brittney, but I do feel a little more hopeful knowing that at least one relative had contact with her after she left home.

"We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.

"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said.

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550&SID=1

Is it the common thought that maybe she ran away? Could it be a coincidence that the Uncle killed himself and she ran away and the two are not related at all?

My earlier post:
"For those in the Mobile area, you may be interested in attending this on Saturday. It was written today by CW (BW mom) and posted on the Hometown Search for Brittney FB page. Let's help get the word out!!!!!!*

CW *"We r having a bucket drive this saturday for reward money that will b givin to crimestoppers to help us get answers about Brittneys disappearance ! We need all the help that we can get ! If u can help please let me no ! We need to find my baby !! She is very missed and loved !!"

The Hometown Search for Brittney Wood: "The Bucket Drive will be at the Walgreen's in Tillman's Corner on Three Notch Road at 10 a.m....That's the meeting place but we are hoping there will be enough that we can cover a lot of the intersections."

Also, don't forget there is a bank account set up at Compass Bank called "Brittney Wood Donations" that anyone can donate search funds to. I have been informed that all the funds will be directly used for finding BW and that it is managed by a non-family member. You will also be given a receipt for your donation.*

PS : for those inquiring, a bucket drive is when an organization locates itself on the sidewalks of main intersections, so when the lights turn red they can walk up to cars that roll down their windows wanting to drop donations in the collection "bucket". Where I'm from, Volunteer fire stations do this a lot, but they use their fireman boots instead of buckets. I think you have to get a city permit to hold one and I have even heard that in some cities up north they are not permitted. So this might be why not everyone has heard of or seen them before."

RSBM

Do they have flyers to hand out as well?

I personally would be more willing to roll down my window to get a flyer...then I'd donate. (We have had scams here that people said they were with a certain organization and were just pocketing the money.)

Handing a flyer would also spread her picture/info to areas that might not be locals.

JAT

Thinking of Brittney and her "immediate" family today. Today is a day celebrating life, family, & independence. I hope that wherever she is, her spirit is calm and free and that her parents can breathe a little deeper. I hope there is a development soon!

I do not consider the Laginappe MSM (main stream media- for our newbies). What about you Mobile locals? Isn't it mostly a gossip, community events, type newspaper read more for fun than news? I always pick one up when I go to Felix's on the Bayway, to read the articles because they seem to often be written tongue in check style. JMO

Is it the common thought that maybe she ran away? Could it be a coincidence that the Uncle killed himself and she ran away and the two are not related at all?

Playing devil's advocate here, but: If BW was to run away (after her uncle picked her up), she could of possibly done and/or said something to her uncle to "make" him kill himself. Maybe she really laid into him about the allegations and tore him down or maybe she knew something about his wife that hurt him and hence the reason she was coming back (and reasoning for deleting messages [if she even did]).

All just my opinion!

Nevermind
Chrystal sheffield Hailey cummings mom!

This is such a great idea!

I cut and pasted this from my earlier post. It is the information regarding the bucket drive. I would also send a private message on Brittney's Hometown Search page. As someone previously state, her step-mom is the admin. for the page and she will have the most accurate information. Hope this helps!!!

My earlier post:

I actually spoke with her stepmother via messaging the page earlier today. I'm cooking and doing family stuff (just checking in on the computer here and there) so told her I'd be sure to post it all this evening. Thanks!

I do not consider the Laginappe MSM (main stream media- for our newbies). What about you Mobile locals? Isn't it mostly a gossip, community events, type newspaper read more for fun than news? I always pick one up when I go to Felix's on the Bayway, to read the articles because they seem to often be written tongue in check style. JMO

I never really thought of the Laginappe as Media at all, let alone MSM. Especially after Angel's death and Nodine's trial. I can enjoy Laginappe, but it is far from MSM IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321