AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Dr TJ was asking about DK's mom. Southern Sweetpea said she is very influential.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Whoops...thanks for clearing that up! I wish we would hear some news. I'd love to know what happened(s) with uncles court appearances.

Some have asked about court dates for DK and RSW. This info was provided to me by someone that was watching out for when they set the dates for these two men.

Dustin goes to court at 9:00am, Thursday, July 12th

Scott goes to court at 8:30am, Friday, July 13th

Will you please post the link to that site? I am having trouble finding it. Thanks!

I am using Tapatalk from my tablet and posts are not numbered. It is kind of hard to get around.

AlacourtAccess
I think you have to pay to access the info at the site.

any locals here anything about court yesterday? (DW)
today is the other guy

According to the Hometown Facebook page, there will be another bucket drive at Mobile International Speedway, located off Highway 90 in Irvington, AL on this Saturday. The gates open at 5pm so anyone volunteering needs to get there before then. The races begin at 8pm. Go to the link below for further information.

http://www.facebook.com/pages//451298481547844

Hope it's a great success. Should keep Brittney's name out there and buckets of donations. They have a busy website so sounds like lots of racing fans.

Are we to assume that the media didn't cover the court appearance? Was it only a first appearance? That wouldn't consist of much.

Are we to assume that the media didn't cover the court appearance? Was it only a first appearance? That wouldn't consist of much.

I am not exactly positive on how the court system works in cases like this but isn't the initial court appearance when the accused is arraigned and bail is set? If that is the case then this date is for the start of the trial as the two men have already been arraigned and bail was set previously.

I am not exactly positive on how the court system works in cases like this but isn't the initial court appearance when the accused is arraigned and bail is set? If that is the case then this date is for the start of the trial as the two men have already been arraigned and bail was set previously.

http://www.alabamajusticedefender.com/steps-in-a-criminal-case.html

A person may be a target of an investigation before they are formally charged or arrested. Furthermore, you may be charged or even indicted without being arrested first.

Once you are arrested, you are generally booked at the jail and then assigned a bond. The bond is based on either a schedule or determination by a Judge. Even if you are given a high bond by a Judge that is not an absolute decision. We have worked with clients to get bonds reduced.

After being released on bond you are given an initial court date. Both misdemeanors and felony criminal cases in Alabama generally begin at District Court.

In District Court for felony cases you will be assigned a preliminary hearing date. A preliminary hearing is where the prosecutor puts on evidence that they use to show a Judge that there is probable cause to go forward. Cases are not tried at preliminary hearings, but rather an opportunity for the Defense attorney to learn about the case. If the Judge decides there is probable cause then the case is bound over to the Grand Jury.

A grand jury decides whether or not felony cases should proceed. A Defendant usually does not testify at Grand Jury proceedings and only the District Attorney or an Assistant District Attorney is present along with victims and/or witnesses. Grand juries issue either indictments or no bills. Indictment means your case goes to Circuit Court while NO Bills means your case is dismissed.

Once your case is docketed for Circuit Court the first step is an arraignment. At this time you will enter a plea of guilty, not guilty or not guilty by means of mental disease or defect. Usually pleas of guilty are only entered if you have an agreement with the Government. However, on rare occasions defendants will enter blind pleas in front of a Judge.

After a plea of not guilty, Defendants are placed on a trial docket. Usually there are a series of pre-trial motions that are discussed before a trial occurs.

anyone know when the Grand Jury meets in Baldwin County? (when I was on GJ duty it was every Monday from 12:00 to 5:00 for six months) Not sure if its different in every state or the same.

I don't know much of anything about their cases. Could a trial be held this soon after their arrest?

http://www.alabamajusticedefender.com/steps-in-a-criminal-case.html

A person may be a target of an investigation before they are formally charged or arrested. Furthermore, you may be charged or even indicted without being arrested first.

Once you are arrested, you are generally booked at the jail and then assigned a bond. The bond is based on either a schedule or determination by a Judge. Even if you are given a high bond by a Judge that is not an absolute decision. We have worked with clients to get bonds reduced.

After being released on bond you are given an initial court date. Both misdemeanors and felony criminal cases in Alabama generally begin at District Court.

In District Court for felony cases you will be assigned a preliminary hearing date. A preliminary hearing is where the prosecutor puts on evidence that they use to show a Judge that there is probable cause to go forward. Cases are not tried at preliminary hearings, but rather an opportunity for the Defense attorney to learn about the case. If the Judge decides there is probable cause then the case is bound over to the Grand Jury.

A grand jury decides whether or not felony cases should proceed. A Defendant usually does not testify at Grand Jury proceedings and only the District Attorney or an Assistant District Attorney is present along with victims and/or witnesses. Grand juries issue either indictments or no bills. Indictment means your case goes to Circuit Court while NO Bills means your case is dismissed.

Once your case is docketed for Circuit Court the first step is an arraignment. At this time you will enter a plea of guilty, not guilty or not guilty by means of mental disease or defect. Usually pleas of guilty are only entered if you have an agreement with the Government. However, on rare occasions defendants will enter blind pleas in front of a Judge.

After a plea of not guilty, Defendants are placed on a trial docket. Usually there are a series of pre-trial motions that are discussed before a trial occurs.

Great information!! Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't know much of anything about their cases. Could a trial be held this soon after their arrest?

very doubtful, they have to get jurors together, discovery....pre trial bs...etc. probably be a year at least. (IMO)
I think he could even just plea guilty or no contest and just have the judge sentence him, but he thinks he is so "smart" I doubt he would go for the judge sentencing him. (would totally be less time consuming and save the tax payers money for a lengthy trial).

anyone know when the Grand Jury meets in Baldwin County? (when I was on GJ duty it was every Monday from 12:00 to 5:00 for six months) Not sure if its different in every state or the same.

Never been on GJ duty in Mobile County but I was selected for petit jury duty at the same time that they selected a GJ and I believe that they are selected for at least two months and met on Tuesdays but don't quote me on that and I haven't been able to find any info about when they meet or how long they are selected for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3