DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped:

you keep on ya wont be able to cut your grass during the day time either

This certainly sounds like a threat to me.:what:
I take them as threats! I wonder if the news station contacts LE or if they just remove or ignore threats.

Really??!!! A threat toward whom? I didn't see anyone that said that they cut their yard at night. Maybe I missed something somewhere. I guess it could be classified as a threat if anyone knew who they directed it toward but I'm not sure how that helps to bring BW home?

Really??!!! A threat toward whom? I didn't see anyone that said that they cut their yard at night. Maybe I missed something somewhere. I guess it could be classified as a threat if anyone knew who they directed it toward but I'm not sure how that helps to bring BW home?

Someone out there has some sort of information that can help bring Brittney home. IMO, that means everyone needs to speak openly and freely to best improve those chances. If someone threatens another for speaking freely and openly or is otherwise trying to scare people from doing so, then that person is decreasing the chances of Brittney coming home and frankly, should be looked at as to why they would be doing so. There is more than enough family laundry out in the open at this point that they wouldn't be trying to keep people from talking because of name, reputation or embarrassment. The first reason that pops in my head would be to avoid criminal liability. All of that is just my own opinion though. I have no idea if any comments were threats or not nor who they were directed to. I was simply giving my opinion as to why threats, if made, would be relevant to bringing Brittney home.

Please define "family" and "step up". There are "family" and supporters that have been "stepping up" since BW went missing. I guess it really depends on what you mean by those two words. Our definitions could be different. One thing is for sure, you can't trust everything you read and hear.

I will say it this way....after reading all of BWs fb post. I think every person needs to talk

Silly Silly me....I have had a FB for years and when the new timeline rolled out...well i didnt like it so i never took the time to get familiar with it until last night. I did not know on someones wall how important the YEAR and MONTHS listed to the side that you can click on were. You can see things that appear to have went poof (unless someone actually deleted the comment)? Like older months are still there. Make sense to anyone else that may not have been FB timeline smart like myself???????

I will say it this way....after reading all of BWs fb post. I think every person needs to talk

When you were a teen, did you appreciate your parents telling the whole world how much they hated what you were doing? My parents began by trying that approach and my sister left home and moved in with "friends" that allowed her to do whatever she wanted. They regretted that decision because, at least with my sister at home they could reinforce good behavior and help her understand that every bad decision had negative consequences. They changed their approach and showed her support while telling her privately how much she would regret her decisions one day always showing her respect while also showing their absolute disdain for her actions. It may have taken a while but my sister completed college, got married, and is now about to add a second child to their marriage.

Edited to add: I would also like to say that parents are people too and they make mistakes just like their children. I happen to know for a fact that there are family members of BW that are talking and desperately looking for her and have since day 1. I also know that they would have been there and were there if she ever needed them before she disappeared. You can't hold their hands forever either. They have to grow up and learn that their decisions affect their futures.

When you were a teen, did you appreciate your parents telling the whole world how much they hated what you were doing? My parents began by trying that approach and my sister left home and moved in with "friends" that allowed her to do whatever she wanted. They regretted that decision because, at least with my sister at home they could reinforce good behavior and help her understand that every bad decision had negative consequences. They changed their approach and showed her support while telling her privately how much she would regret her decisions one day always showing her respect while also showing their absolute disdain for her actions. It may have taken a while but my sister completed college, got married, and is now about to add a second child to their marriage.

Edited to add: I would also like to say that parents are people too and they make mistakes just like their children. I happen to know for a fact that there are family members of BW that are talking and desperately looking for her and have since day 1. I also know that they would have been there and were there if she ever needed them before she disappeared. You can't hold their hands forever either. They have to grow up and learn that their decisions affect their futures.

I am not by any means saying her parents are bad parents. I am a parent and we all make mistakes as parents. I also am not saying they made mistakes. I just know how I would have handled it . Not saying either way is right. All I am saying now is Aunts Uncles Cousins Sisters Brothers Parents....everyone needs to speak now about any and everything. Even the smallest detail could lead to being important!!

I am not by any means saying her parents are bad parents. I am a parent and we all make mistakes as parents. I also am not saying they made mistakes. I just know how I would have handled it . Not saying either way is right. All I am saying now is Aunts Uncles Cousins Sisters Brothers Parents....everyone needs to speak now about any and everything. Even the smallest detail could lead to being important!!

I apologize if I jumped to conclusions as to the meaning of your post. I too agree that some people connected to BW need to talk. They know more than what they have shared and there is no one pushing harder for that than BW's parents and supporters of the family. I am waiting for LE to finally take her case seriously and actually do some investigating.

My original post was directed at those that want to question why her parents didn't make comments on her facebook about how she should stop hanging out with her friends and doing some of the things she was doing. My point is that doing that would only push her further away. I also don't see how questioning that will bring us closer to finding the truth of what happened to BW.

It was also directed at those that believe, are commenting or implying that her family isn't doing enough. That is a complete falsehood. I simply wanted the poster to clarify their definition so that I would know what they mean.

My original post was directed at those that want to question why her parents didn't make comments on her facebook about how she should stop hanging out with her friends and doing some of the things she was doing. My point is that doing that would only push her further away. I also don't see how questioning that will bring us closer to finding the truth of what happened to BW.

It was also directed at those that believe, are commenting or implying that her family isn't doing enough. That is a complete falsehood. I simply wanted the poster to clarify their definition so that I would know what they mean.

I have had communications with Steph and CW and I believe they are most definitely doing all they can. I did state that I would have handled the FB post differently. As far as it helping find BW by me making that statement...it doesnt at all. Some of us have been here from day one posting and I was up until all hours of the night last night reading and trying to find any little thing I could and that post was mostly to just "chat" I guess to some of the people that have been talking on here for two months. It wasnt to judge anyone. Sometimes a little chat and sometimes even a few smiles happen in here just because we have all worked on this together for a long time. Sorry if my post upset you.

Family and friends can many times get offended, or have their feelings hurt, when following discussions here and elsewhere about their cases. That is why they are sometimes discouraged from reading these threads. There is also a support thread for those who want to visit there where discussion is minimal, its about support and resources.

These threads are for discussion, tossing opinions and ideas, researching and keeping cases alive. NO STONE LEFT UNTURNED..

Just a suggestion, but there are times when it may be a good idea to walk away and take a breather. I appreciate each and every one of you that take the time and effort to be here and give your ideas and opinions. I would hate to see this thread shut down for any reason, as we all have the same goal... to bring Brittney home.

Maybe today.

Silly Silly me....I have had a FB for years and when the new timeline rolled out...well i didnt like it so i never took the time to get familiar with it until last night. I did not know on someones wall how important the YEAR and MONTHS listed to the side that you can click on were. You can see things that appear to have went poof (unless someone actually deleted the comment)? Like older months are still there. Make sense to anyone else that may not have been FB timeline smart like myself???????

Ok so I have recvd a few comments from people saying they didnt know this either:).....I hope everyone reads into what I am saying above. I did not know this and some of you may. I dont want to say too much, I dont want what I am reading to disappear. So if you want to know history from May or before (for certain unsaid persons) make sure you click the month on the righthand sides of the FB wall

Also earlier i posted on the other thread, but has anyone noticed that the pic RSW posted early that morning is no longer on his wall and that all of his photos are now private. Hmmmmmm

Wow as we are sitting here talking about it....I am reading our Local Birmingham Al newspaper and the LE here are using nonprivate FB pages to bust underage parties where the kids are announcing the location and that there will be drugs and alcohol. I think this is wonderful. It will definitely help. Just over the past few days reading some of these kids posts...there could have been alot of underage parties stopped!!

I'm working on a thread in the Parking Lot where you can discuss FB and other social media. I'll post the link shortly.

Hello all....my twelve year old just allowed me to yet again, get on the computer....:)

Some thoughts:
--Has anyone found the article that directly mentioned the Grand Bay call?....Am I going nucking futs? Did I imagine I saw that the person who answered it said they were to drunk to remember?

--I didn't see any threats either, maybe Fox made them go poof, Poof happens! :) As far as mowing the grass, where are all these cows that are making all this milk around this place? Natural lawn mowers!

--I really wish that quarterback of AL would get involved....BW does praise him (in her own way) in her FB dated January 9 at 10:28pm

--WHY do these people change their phone numbers so much? That is suspicious right there! Even Straight Talk let me switch my same number I have been using....even those magicjack things let you use the same number....they all started doing this a couple of years ago.

--I think BW, and all her friends post homemade videos somewhere on the net, one friend specifically said Youtube.....and BW directly mentions making videos when she visits a hotel in her post dated FB Dec 18th, 2011. I have seen over the past few days SEVERAL items that refer to fights, parties, etc. being placed on the web....I do not know a thing about Youtube, heck it took me a week to figure out how to put a cat by my name on this site! :) Might be worth a search...but gosh I bet they are *advertiser censored*.... I assume it will be a site like our wonderful, angelic, students did where i teach.......they would fight, smoke marijuana, etc., and they all would post to the same site, (it became a countywide thing)! They did not use YouTube, they used something else, I can't remember....Anyone looked at this angle?

--I really do not think CW or WH had much contact with BW at all for the last year, if not longer, of her life. She was not living at home, staying in various places, rarely mentions any of them, and when she does CW talks with her "jus like dis", more like a good friend than a mom. I'm not trying to be ugly, not bashing her, just stating my opinions.

--AND......I sure wish that the ENERGY that these people have making videos and posting pictures could be converted into gasoline for my car.....I would be 87 yrs old before I ever had to fill up!!

Also earlier i posted on the other thread, but has anyone noticed that the pic RSW posted early that morning is no longer on his wall and that all of his photos are now private. Hmmmmmm

Well let's all pray he keeps his privates private too!!!!!!!!!!!!:what:

I'm working on a thread in the Parking Lot where you can discuss FB and other social media. I'll post the link shortly.

What's the Parking Lot?? Sorry. I stink at this.

Has anyone else noticed that on 05/27 BW and her friend AB comment on their friend MTs FB post...that they are going to make a roadtrip....and that they had been talking about it for awhile anyway. Well it stands out a little because this AB friend hasnt posted on FB in June or July except to post a picture that looks like she is in a gas station type bathroom.

BTW I am still learning (I know its been 2 months but I am still learning lol). Is the above allowed? Is it considered sleuthing if I just mention initials and just bring up a fact that can be seen on fb? Someone please let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee