AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped...

BBM,
DH did not shoot himself with a shotgun. It has been confirmed through LE and the family that he shot himself with a handgun, BW's handgun, something commonly referred to as a "Saturday Night Special", a .25 calibre handgun. BW was picked up by DH at the end of her mother's street as confirmed by the family and LE. LE also believes BW was taken to Grand Bay by DH. All of this is confirmed facts by LE as told in media articles and such by both LE and family as well as verbally communicated to supporters and searchers. Hope this helps.

See, I'm one of those that knows jack crap about guns. I was picturing a handgun but said shotgun. It was a little clutch type gun right? The kind that was popular in the 20's-70's for women to carry in the city in their purses on nights they went out? I've never even held a gun but I remember my mom having one left over from the "Summer of Sam" (we lived in NYC then). It was pearly and small.

Ok, the part about DH is what I was hazy on but I get these initials confused often and was really thinking it was DK that picked her up. Thank you for clarification. !!

IIRC It was a photo of a tree and a gospel CD for a geocache location Scott had. It was sleuthed quite a bit and a friend of his posted here saying it was from a past date. I'll try to find his post.

Found it! I'll copy and paste his comment:

View Single Post
06-27-2012, 12:08 PM
one90proof

Hi. This is my first post. I know RSW and felt like I needed to clarify a couple of things here since someone actually posted my name in the previous thread on this post: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2
I am the "Craig" referenced there.

A little background...
I only met RSW a little less than two months ago at a local gaming store. I thought he was a really nice guy. We shared some interests (gaming, geocaching) and we both served in the military so it was a no-brainer that we would become friends.

Since we met, we have socialized a handful of times at the gaming stores in Mobile and Fairhope and have geocached together a few times. I consider him a friend. I only learned of his arrest yesterday. I had texted him several days ago and after not hearing back from him did some Googling and learned he had been in jail. That's when I learned about this site and started reading...

Ok, about that geocaching photo he posted on FB. I took that photo on my iPhone on 27MAY while we were geocaching on campus at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. There is a series of caches called "The Powertrain Series" that showcases the 12 miles of mountain bike trails on campus. Here's the link to that final cache (the photo from FB): http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...3-e8fc73f3b575

On 30MAY RSW asked me to send him some of my geocaching photos. We had been talking about trying to get some of our gaming buddies involved in the sport. Scott mentioned that he might create a flier (hence his request for geocaching photos).

My comment on FB asking Scott if he was going to go back for the gospel CD was not any sort of code as has been opined here. In geocaching, it is customary to to leave and/or swap "swag" if the cache container is large enough. Most often, you find inexpensive children's toys or other such "junk". (Geocaching is very popular with families and kids. There's even a Boy Scout Merit Badge for it now.) Anyway, in this cache we found a gospel CD among the rest of the swag. We laughed about it at the time because it just seemed so out of place. When I saw the photo on FB I was just being a sarcastic smarta** when I asked that question.

Regarding the time he posted that photo: RSW works a rotating shift so he's up at all times of the day and night. Sometimes he posts to FB when at work. It is not uncommon for him to post to FB or text message late at night.

I did help RSW search the Wilcox area for BW a few days before Klaas Kids got involved. We spent a few hours searching the woods behind the truck stop and rode by a few other places of interest in Baldwin County.

I've only known RSW for a brief time but it has been my belief that he is an honest man with integrity. He seemed very sincere about his efforts to find BW. I was shocked when I learned he had been charged. I do hope he is found to be innocent.

I do not know anyone else involved in this situation, including Zeaux.
Last edited by one90proof; 06-27-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

I am waiting patiently for a female arrest. Waiting... Waiting...

I think we will all be standing in ovation when that happens. I'm seriously waiting on it too. Really, I don't understand why (for reasons we all know are apparent in small charges at least aka rendering an investigation etc etc). I don't pray but I actually went into temple today and thought about this (it was vacant in the hospital today). I want that woman in jail because I just have a feeling she will squeal like a pig when pressed.

Respectfully snipped...

BBM,
DH did not shoot himself with a shotgun. It has been confirmed through LE and the family that he shot himself with a handgun, BW's handgun, something commonly referred to as a "Saturday Night Special", a .25 calibre handgun. BW was picked up by DH at the end of her mother's street as confirmed by the family and LE. LE also believes BW was taken to Grand Bay by DH. All of this is confirmed facts by LE as told in media articles and such by both LE and family as well as verbally communicated to supporters and searchers. Hope this helps.

I think the only reason we thought it was a shotgun was from the Jane Valez Mitchell program when she reported it as a shotgun. Zeaux was quick to correct us saying it was indeed a small handgun. Then lots of discussion ensued as to why an avid hunter would choose a gun he knew might not do the job. I still question whether it was indeed a suicide. My opinion only.

Interesting, I went to WWH fb to look around again in the 2011 section and today there aren't any comments/posts or what ever they are called. They were there yesterday when I mentioned DH working in N.Dakota 11/2011.

Feel like I should wave hello to someone that is lurking!:seeya:

I think the only reason we thought it was a shotgun was from the Jane Valez Mitchell program when she reported it as a shotgun. Zeaux was quick to correct us saying it was indeed a small handgun. Then lots of discussion ensued as to why an avid hunter would choose a gun he knew might not do the job. I still question whether it was indeed a suicide. My opinion only.

I could be wrong but I think that there wasn't room for him to handle a rifle in his truck while committing suicide and he knew he couldn't go out and buy a handgun legally because of the investigation.

See, I'm one of those that knows jack crap about guns. I was picturing a handgun but said shotgun. It was a little clutch type gun right? The kind that was popular in the 20's-70's for women to carry in the city in their purses on nights they went out? I've never even held a gun but I remember my mom having one left over from the "Summer of Sam" (we lived in NYC then). It was pearly and small.

Ok, the part about DH is what I was hazy on but I get these initials confused often and was really thinking it was DK that picked her up. Thank you for clarification. !!

Yes, they are easily obtained and easily concealed. Some people refer to them as "junk guns". One guy I know likens them to the throw-away phones or those little Kia cars. LOL They have been very popular with women, especially during the timeframe you speak of because they carried smaller purses and the guns were small enough to fit in them without being noticed. Anyway, they are more sleek, and even come in multiple colors, than the earlier models, for obvious reasons.

Although we don't hear much about it, KlaasKids is still searching for BW. As they search an area it is marked off a map that they have of the two counties (Baldwin and Mobile). It is a slow and arduous process but I just wanted everyone to know that KlaasKids is still on the search. We may have differing opinions as to what happened and why but I think we all want the truth to be known and BW to be found, regardless.

Buggs... Remember there is a place you can go to post social media info where lurkers arent allowed.

Buggs... Remember there is a place you can go to post social media info where lurkers arent allowed.

Yeah...my bad...wasn't thinking about what thread I was on at the time!!! I was posting in response to DH and his work/disability stuff.

Maybe we should come up with some kind of code to type in...like every word spelled backwards...that might throw them off! (sorry that wasn't very nice :blushing: )

O/T... Buggs.. ya crack me up! I forget which thread I am on all the time!!!

I really thought Donnies wife (sorry, not sure of her initials off hand) would've had some sort of maternal instinct in her and started to talk. But alas... nothing :(

:banghead:

I really thought Donnies wife (sorry, not sure of her initials off hand) would've had some sort of maternal instinct in her and started to talk. But alas... nothing :(

:banghead:

I agree that I thought she would have said something to advance the investigation by this point, given the amount she was talking at the beginning. I'm surprised she "wisened up" and stopped leaving a paper trail of suspicious comments (MOO).

Anyway, I saw this new bit of news and thought I'd link it because I had not seen it posted previously.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/three_connected_to_missing_tee.html

Wow. Thank you so much for posting that video. My heart bleeds for those women who felt trapped, persuaded to the point of no return or with little to no options to enter into the world of sex trade with pimps. Human trafficking is not just under-age girls or immigrants, it's anyone (male or female) who is persuaded or taken against their will into prostitution and traded among pimps for other women (often younger) and if they have habits (drugs) they are more than "fed" that. Still with all the knowledge we have of this, the women are prosecuted and the pimps? Free to roam. The johns? ticketed if anything. The women will have their mugshots forever on google while the men go away seemingly unscathed. Those mugshots sometimes appear again on other blog rolls etc when go on witch hunts, only to make those women victims again - & no one ever knows where their lives are currently (some change, you know). Images and names resurfacing means google cache which means possible employers and family will know - damaging the women even further. Something to think about. Thank you again for the post.

I am hoping tomorrow holds new information about Brittney Wood. I even searched with it being "Woods" because it seems media keeps messing it up. :( I seem to find more info on blogs (with comments that are telling to a degree) if it's with an S at the end. If you are using google alerts, I suggest adding it on there. I know there's one family member that MUST hold the key to more information - if they had any scruples at all, they'd talk. I hate knowing enough now about this case (with all the sleuthing etc) that I'm internally screaming "JUST FRIGGIN TELL THE TRUTH" - because so many people are hurting. This "person" is rather unfair and I can't believe they'd allow so many to be victimized all because they valued their "partner" more than their blood and kin.

Thank you for the links gliving!

I know what happens to kids within 48 hours of being on the street through my volunteer work with StandUp for Kids as well as from personal experience (I got very lucky).

I found this article very interesting especially the following quotes from an article about The WellHouse:

“About eighty percent of trafficking in Jefferson County is relation. Mothers selling their daughters, fathers selling their daughters, uncles selling their nieces, for drugs, for cars, for rent. Whatever it may be.”

Tajuan claims that the problem is right out in the open for people to see; yet it remains unseen by most.

“This is not on some back street alley, it’s right in front of you,” she said. “Look at your nose. It’s right there on your face and you can’t even see it. That’s what happens. It’s hidden in front of you and no one’s looking.”

More at link: http://studentmedia.uab.edu/2012/03/haven-for-sex-trafficking-victims/

“About eighty percent of trafficking in Jefferson County is relation. Mothers selling their daughters, fathers selling their daughters, uncles selling their nieces, for drugs, for cars, for rent. Whatever it may be.”
/snipped

"Uncles selling their nieces for drugs, for cars, for rent". How much that may apply here, we shall never know.

/snipped

"Uncles selling their nieces for drugs, for cars, for rent". How much that may apply here, we shall never know.[/QUOTE]

I don't suppose she'd need her gun or baby gifts... Back to the truck stop aren't we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict