AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This time of year, many people are preparing their camps/land for hunting season. There will be many eyes and feet on the ground, in many places where there is usually no activity. I am hoping someone stumbles across a clue to help find Brittney. But then, how many of those people are aware of her missing???

Okay, that has me thinking. I wonder if the wildlife conservation enforcement officers are aware of her missing. They go in and out of camps all season. Just wondering how to go about coordinating a way to get info from officers to the folks in these camps. Would be great to have flyers posted in these places.

I would love y'alls opinion on this. I would be willing to make a phone call to the Spanish Ft. office of wildlife management to see if they could pass out flyers, spread info about Brittney. Do any of you know if this would be too much to ask or if it's already been done? Just don't want to step on anyones toes.
Tidbit, I think this is a great idea! No one else appears to be doing anything constructive, and it has been four months since Brittney vanished in extremely suspicious circumstances. My heart breaks for Brittney and her daughter.

I hope something will happen soon. Not knowing where Brittney could be is a shame after all this time. I wish someone would talk. I feel with all my being that someone still alive knows exactly what happened to Brittney, but it's JMO.

The wildlife management office may be closed Monday (Columbus Day) but I'll get in touch with them by Tuesday. I'll let y'all know what they are willing or not willing to do.

Regarding Brittney's well being. My initial, gut reaction was that she ran away, with the help of DH. Now, for months, I go back and forth as to her well being. If she is no longer living here on earth, I believe it's partly due to a woman scorned. There was no way out for DH because, IMO his wife held all of the cards. No matter what, Brittney is gone and IMO she went one way and her phone went the other. May peace be with her.

The wildlife management office may be closed Monday (Columbus Day) but I'll get in touch with them by Tuesday. I'll let y'all know what they are willing or not willing to do.

Regarding Brittney's well being. My initial, gut reaction was that she ran away, with the help of DH. Now, for months, I go back and forth as to her well being. If she is no longer living here on earth, I believe it's partly due to a woman scorned. There was no way out for DH because, IMO his wife held all of the cards. No matter what, Brittney is gone and IMO she went one way and her phone went the other. May peace be with her.

That's a great idea Tidbit!!! Please let us know what they say when you contact them. I personally think she has been killed and Styx River wasn't searched thoroughly at all.

I will let y'all know, Simp. Woods and water everywhere! Seems so quiet on the search effort.

I will let y'all know, Simp. Woods and water everywhere! Seems so quiet on the search effort.

It's difficult, dang near impossible, for anyone to search without the support of LE. I'm afraid when you call about flyers, you are gonna hit a brick wall! I hope not but, don't get your hopes up. I will tell you I was in Mobile last week and I saw one of the Missing flyers with Britt's picture at a convience store on Airport Blvd. It was great to see it there.

It's difficult, dang near impossible, for anyone to search without the support of LE. I'm afraid when you call about flyers, you are gonna hit a brick wall! I hope not but, don't get your hopes up. I will tell you I was in Mobile last week and I saw one of the Missing flyers with Britt's picture at a convience store on Airport Blvd. It was great to see it there.

Does anyone know if they ever used search dogs? I am thinking they haven't since LE assumed Brittney traveled with her phone to grand bay. After all this time would it be worth sniffing around the woods (forgive the pun) by Donnie's house?

Might also be helpful if they could track phone pings for those who have been arrested. Would be telling as to where they traveled after Brittney actively used her phone.

Has LE actually done anything for Brittney other than deny the connection to Donnie's death and the sex abuse arrests?

Sent from my Rezound

This is such a WTF with LE's attitude to Brittney's disappearance.

Sent from my Rezound

Waiting for a reply from the wildlife office, in regard to getting info out to hunting camps.

clarabelle, I do think search dogs have worked Brittney's case but I've never heard a thing about the search results. It seems like in other cases we hear about what the dogs indicate. Brittney's case; nothing.

I follow quite a few cases on here but I haven't posTed before now because I just never felt I had much to offer in way of helping out ....but I must say this case is a head shakers and seems like there is a lot of cover ups and people have lost sight in finding Brittany especially LE thank goodness for this sight and the caring people who go out of their way to help these families . God Bless Brittany and her family and may God have mercy on those who are involved in this twisted evilness

I follow quite a few cases on here but I haven't posTed before now because I just never felt I had much to offer in way of helping out ....but I must say this case is a head shakers and seems like there is a lot of cover ups and people have lost sight in finding Brittany especially LE thank goodness for this sight and the caring people who go out of their way to help these families . God Bless Brittany and her family and may God have mercy on those who are involved in this twisted evilness

Glad you posted!!!! Hopefully all the "cover ups" will come to light and justice can be served!! Brittney deserves it doesn't she!!

When I logged on and didn't see Brittney thread on the first page, I held my breath as I went to page two....hoping to see her thread had been moved to "located" but alas...

Bump for Brittney.

At first, this was one of the few cases where I thought Brittany might be hiding on her own. For the past few weeks, I've pretty much gave into the idea that Brittany probably cannot come home on her own and hasn't been able to do so since May 31 or so.... So the community and LE needs to bring her home, even if it is just to put her to rest and find the person(s) responsible.

Poor Brittney...written off - why look for a drug abuser, high school drop out, teen mom without custody from a family with so many skeletons? Because there but for the grace of God go I.....
And her little daughter deserves to know IF mommy ever can come home to her or not. Imagine growing up not knowing if your mom is dead or alive?

I have no idea if this is possible or not but IF, and a big IF that is, IF she were a primary witness in these incest cases could she be in the witness protection program or in hiding? I suspect that would cause little reaction from LE?

When I logged on and didn't see Brittney thread on the first page, I held my breath as I went to page two....hoping to see her thread had been moved to "located" but alas...

Bump for Brittney.

At first, this was one of the few cases where I thought Brittany might be hiding on her own. For the past few weeks, I've pretty much gave into the idea that Brittany probably cannot come home on her own and hasn't been able to do so since May 31 or so.... So the community and LE needs to bring her home, even if it is just to put her to rest and find the person(s) responsible.

Poor Brittney...written off - why look for a drug abuser, high school drop out, teen mom without custody from a family with so many skeletons? Because there but for the grace of God go I.....
And her little daughter deserves to know IF mommy ever can come home to her or not. Imagine growing up not knowing if your mom is dead or alive?

Thank you!!

This is such a WTF with LE's attitude to Brittney's disappearance.

Sent from my Rezound

I am baffled by law enforcement's lack of interest in this missing person's case but I am just as baffled by the family lack of effort. If this was my loved one, daughter, cousin, niece... whatever, I would be huntin' her down and pulling at every resource possible. What the heck?

I have no idea if this is possible or not but IF, and a big IF that is, IF she were a primary witness in these incest cases could she be in the witness protection program or in hiding? I suspect that would cause little reaction from LE?

It's certainly been discussed and I suppose it's always a possibility. I would love to find out that that is the case. That is one of the reasons why these criminal cases just can't move forward fast enough for me. One, if that's the case, we'd find out because the DA has to turn over what evidence (i.e. testimony) they may bring at trial and two, the closer those cases get to trial, the more heat that is put on the defendants to cut a deal.

Does anyone have a summary of each criminal case and where it currently is in the system. If not, I may try to put one together. I know some have already had a preliminary hearing and were sent to a grand jury. Not sure if all have though. Also, does anyone know off the top of their head who's up next as far as court dates? TIA

I am a local and one of our local news stations just posted on Facebook DW's (Brittney's brother) mugshot with a VERY short blip about how he is being searched for by authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agent 9