AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a local and one of our local news stations just posted on Facebook DW's (Brittney's brother) mugshot with a VERY short blip about how he is being searched for by authorities.

I'm disappointed in him. :sigh: His actions are a willful and blatant middle finger to law enforcement and the legal system.:shakehead:

:eek:hdear:So, now, he goes back to jail and can't look for Brittney. I thought he was her "protector". :cry: Who is still looking for Brittney? JMOO

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/oct/12/police-find-meth-lab-while-searching-suspect-ar-4741694/

MOBILE, Alabama --
"While officers were searching for a suspect, they discovered a meth lab today in the Tillmans Corner area. Police were looking for Derek Wood. Wood has been out on bond since his earlier arrest on Sodomy 2nd charges."

snip

"Once at the residence, officers asked if they could look for him inside. That's when they found the meth lab. Victoria Phillips and another female suspect were arrested at the scene and charged with manufacturing and trafficking drugs. Wood is still on the loose."

He'll turn up. He has no where to go. No job, no money, no more meth.

Im thinking his family knew all along he was long gone.
Was that his GF he was living with?

Un-frickin-believable!!!! Pardon the french. Mind is taking this 10 different directions. He was, in fact, in jail, when Brittney went missing right? Where was Chessie when he went missing? I sure as hell hope that they arrested the woman who was driving the car when they wrecked. Put the damn screws to her. Maybe now they got someone who will crack about Brittney if she knows anything and I bet if she was helping Derrick run and if Derrick had any suspicions or knew anything, she probably knows too. Make it miserable for her. Thought certainly went through my head as well if Brittney is alive, Derrick is with her. How much was Derrick's bond? Chessie is OUT some money now. Wish I could say I feel bad. All those people she begged for money from to bond him out are out of luck now that he didn't show. Maybe if any of them know anything, maybe now they'll be pissed enough at the family to talk. Final thought, MAYBE WE SHOULD PUT THE REST OF THEM BEHIND BARS BEFORE THEY RUN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, one more thought. Saw Mendy Wood Kent liked the sheriff's facebook page about Derrick being on the run. Not sure what there is to like about that. Like the fact he's taking off and avoiding LE? Like the fact he's in deeper you know what now? If that's what she thinks about her nephew, you can bet your bottom dollar she could give a you know what about her niece.

Rant and brain dump over. Time to absorb it now.

Chessie...I'm certain you read here. It's time to get your and your family's $*## together. Time for someone to step up.

reedus23, just take heart knowing that when they catch Mr D Derek Wood, he'll be in jail for decades. No way is he getting bail this time, and I guarantee he'll be found guilty of sodomy and rape.

I won't say what I think of Chessie's mothering skills. :furious:

I wasn't very clear in my post. Sorry reedus!

"Once at the residence, officers asked if they could look for him inside. That's when they found the meth lab. Victoria Phillips and another female suspect were arrested at the scene and charged with manufacturing and trafficking drugs. Wood is still on the loose."

I wonder who the other chickie was.

I wasn't very clear in my post. Sorry reedus!

I wonder who the other chickie was.

I dont know but he was living there wasnt he?

I dont know but he was living there wasnt he?

I don't know. I'm not sure I ever heard anything other than him staying with his dad and then his mom. Have you read otherwise? Be curious to know. I don't know if I pulled up the mugshots right, but I didn't see any of the females from the mugshot on his FB. I really hope LE arrested her.

Any sympathy I had for him, has gone right out the window. He was lucky to be out of jail in the first place and what does he do - not only not turn up for his court ordered appointment, but takes off and destroys his ankle bracelet. What an idiot.

Are those bracelets easy to remove? He was not likely to have tools on him, when he took off, except maybe a knife.

It says that the meth lab was in his home on Dozier Lane - is this where Chessie lives or did he have the means to live on his own?

Wood was due to report in to deputies this morning in Bay Minette and failed to appear. Wood’s Court ordered ankle monitor and GPS tracking device showed Wood to be located at his home on Dozier Lane.

Once at the residence, officers asked if they could look for him inside. That's when they found the meth lab. Victoria Phillips and another female suspect were arrested at the scene and charged with manufacturing and trafficking drugs. Wood is still on the loose

Any sympathy I had for him, has gone right out the window. He was lucky to be out of jail in the first place and what does he do - not only not turn up for his court ordered appointment, but takes off and destroys his ankle bracelet. What an idiot.

Are those bracelets easy to remove? He was not likely to have tools on him, when he took off, except maybe a knife.

It says that the meth lab was in his home on Dozier Lane - is this where Chessie lives or did he have the means to live on his own?

I'll have to go read it again. I thought it was 2 different houses. His ankle bracelet was found at his home on Dozier, where I presume Chessie lives too based on what locals have indicated. I read it as LE searched a 2nd home looking for Derrick and that is where Victoria Phillips was arrested.

:seeya: I've removed a few posts referencing a mug shot because we haven't confirmed it's the same person.

According to authorities, Wood was located at his Dozier Lane home using the court ordered GPS tracking device on his ankle.

Investigators said while at the residence, officers asked if they could look inside for Wood. They said that’s when they found the meth lab.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/search-for-derek-wood-leads-to-meth-lab

Phillips and another female were arrested "at the scene." Wood wasn't there. He's now a fugitive.

Different version:

Wood's monitor indicated that he was at his home on Lenardo Drive.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/baldwin_county_deputies_search.html

According to this report, deputies arrived at the Lenardo Dr location to find DW in an car with a woman. The driver sped off, resulting in a minor accident. DW fled from the accident scene. His ankle monitor was found in the weeds.

I'll have to go read it again. I thought it was 2 different houses. His ankle bracelet was found at his home on Dozier, where I presume Chessie lives too based on what locals have indicated. I read it as LE searched a 2nd home looking for Derrick and that is where Victoria Phillips was arrested.

I know, it's confusing about the differing reports regarding the houses - I don't think he would have a meth lab in his mother's house.

One report said that the ankle monitor was found in some weeds, so it sounds like he took off wearing it and managed to remove it while on the run. I find that kind of strange, because LE had the tracker to locate him, but he still managed to remove the bracelet. What's the point of wearing them, if they are that quick and easy to remove.

The Sheriff's Office said that Wood left the accident scene, and deputies have been unable to find him.

Wood’s ankle monitor was found in some weeds.
http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/baldwin_county_deputies_search.html

Thanks Bessie and sorry about the mugshots. Trying to watch the Cards game at the same time so it's adding to my confusion. Definitely 2 differing reports. Hopefully more articles to follow up and clarify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay23